IGNORED

Louisiana Republicans pushing to make bible state book.

doggie

Of course we are not promoting Christianity no no no. but no only the KJV bible and no other holy books. These idiots are so stupid and desperate to force everyone to believe like they do.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/04/11 ... tate-book/

Louisiana Republicans are pushing forward with a plan to force Christianity upon everyone in the state. In a move that blatantly violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution, the GOP is advancing a bill that would name the Bible the state book.

HB 503 endorses a specific religion by declaring the Bible the Louisiana state book

HB 503 is a slap in the faces of all Louisiana residents who aren’t Christians. The bill is an effort to officially make the Bible the state book. On Thursday, the House Committee on Municipal, Parochial and Cultural Affairs voted 8-5 to advance it to the full House.

The measure is sponsored by GOP state Rep. Thomas Carmody who claims that the effort isn’t an offensive violation of religious liberty.

“This is not about establishing an official religion,†he said during debate on the bill. “It’s not to the exclusion of anyone else’s sacred literature.â€

Of course we are not promoting Christianity no no no. but no only the KJV bible and no other holy books. These idiots are so stupid and desperate to force everyone to believe like they do.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/04/11 ... tate-book/

Louisiana Republicans are pushing forward with a plan to force Christianity upon everyone in the state. In a move that blatantly violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution, the GOP is advancing a bill that would name the Bible the state book.

HB 503 endorses a specific religion by declaring the Bible the Louisiana state book

HB 503 is a slap in the faces of all Louisiana residents who aren’t Christians. The bill is an effort to officially make the Bible the state book. On Thursday, the House Committee on Municipal, Parochial and Cultural Affairs voted 8-5 to advance it to the full House.

The measure is sponsored by GOP state Rep. Thomas Carmody who claims that the effort isn’t an offensive violation of religious liberty.

“This is not about establishing an official religion,†he said during debate on the bill. “It’s not to the exclusion of anyone else’s sacred literature.â€

Except that, ya know, it is.

Oh, good grief. :roll:

Does any other state even have a 'state book?' I've never heard of such a thing. And much as I love my Bible, that's the last book any state needs to have as its 'official' book. What IS it with Republicans lately? :angry-banghead:

Except that, ya know, it is.

First it was the time when it was illegal to teach sex ed in Louisiana public schools (that was back in the '70s--don't know whether it's still the case), now this. Makes me want to fling myself down the stairs. Louisiana--rich culture, magnificent food--and THIS? I'd never have guessed it from the one time I was in Louisiana (business trip to New Orleans), but maybe the Big Easy is a separate planet from the rest of the state.

If Louisiana has the KJV Bible as it's state book, does that mean no other state can? I don't know about the US but here, anything that is a state emblem like a flower or whatever, only belongs to one state. There are a few versions of the bible but if Louisiana gets KJV, then say Mississippi gets American Standard, Tennessee gets Contemporary English, Arkansas gets NIV, Florida gets Good News, South Carolina gets ... ummm? I know there are a few more versions but pretty soon you're looking at New York having the Torah and California having the Koran. Any state want to put up their hand for the religious text of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

If Louisiana has the KJV Bible as it's state book, does that mean no other state can? I don't know about the US but here, anything that is a state emblem like a flower or whatever, only belongs to one state. There are a few versions of the bible but if Louisiana gets KJV, then say Mississippi gets American Standard, Tennessee gets Contemporary English, Arkansas gets NIV, Florida gets Good News, South Carolina gets ... ummm? I know there are a few more versions but pretty soon you're looking at New York having the Torah and California having the Koran. Any state want to put up their hand for the religious text of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

No, multiple states can have the same "state "whatever" This will indicate that the western meadowlark and the cardinal are both popular State Birds.

I think KS should get the Flying Spaghetti Monster, since we were the birthplace of it.

The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[6] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationist ideas by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon-dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson argued that his beliefs were just as valid as those of intelligent design, and called for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism to be allotted equal time in science classrooms alongside intelligent design and evolution.[7] After Henderson published the letter on his website, the Flying Spaghetti Monster rapidly became an Internet phenomenon and a symbol of opposition to the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[8]
(From Wikipedia, since it was easy)

Just when I think Southerners can't get any more extreme, along comes another example. Louisiana has good food and some gorgeous shorelines but other than that I'm not sure what it has to recommend itself.

Just when I think Southerners can't get any more extreme, along comes another example. Louisiana has good food and some gorgeous shorelines but other than that I'm not sure what it has to recommend itself.

New Orleans.

I swear these people irk my nerves. America isn't a christian nation fools! Not everyone reads or believe in the bible.

And people ask why I'm so eager to get the hell out of here, and change my name and accent just to cut every tie I have.

I really appreciate that woman in the video. Even though they kept evading her questions, she made very good points. Like, if this is your holy book, why would you compare it to jelly? They are totally contradicting themselves by trying to put a fucking bible as a state book and then trying to justify it being like "lolz, its just a book"

Sometimes I feel the need for a cleansing shower of sanity....I watched Cosmos last night and feel refreshed. Mississippi, which is always fighting Louisiana and Arkansas for the "dumbest state" honor, just vetoed a bill that would make texting while driving illegal. Apparently they felt that it was another attack on their "freedom" and they asked if making eating while driving was next to be declared illegal. These people are so dumb that they equate eating fries or pizza while driving as equivalent to texting. These states deserve their own country....they are embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived