IGNORED

‘Star Trek’ actress promoting idea sun revolves around eart

doggie

It's quite possible that the producers gave Kate Mulgrew one script and then edited her narration so it sounded different. She may have thought she was narrating a genuine scientific documentary. I would imagine the scientists included probably thought the same.

This wouldn't be the first time that fundies hoodwinked people for these types of documentaries. Ben Stein did that a few years ago with a documentary on evolution.

I hope that if that is true then Kate and the others so duped sue the producers and director for every penny they've got. I hope they win, too.

Isn't not bearing false witness one of the Ten Commandments? (That's what this strikes me as.) Why is it that the fun dies and other RWNJs find it so easy to forget that one?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that they purposefully believe that, it's that they don't know the actual answer when polled.

That doesn't make it much better, IMHO.

If it were not for Picard, Sisko would be first on my list. Age before beauty. :mrgreen:

1. Picard

2. Picard

3. Picard

4. Sisko

Patrick Stewart is a legend. That is all. :worship:

Here's a quote from Kate Mulgrew wikipedia page:

"She is to appear as the narrator in a "documentary" entitled The Principle which espouses the long-debunked idea of a geocentric universe.[13]" I like how documentary is in quotation marks!

She issued a statement about it on her facebook page:

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused. Kate Mulgrew"

facebook.com/pages/Kate-Mulgrew/7122967465

She issued a statement about it on her facebook page:

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused. Kate Mulgrew"

facebook.com/pages/Kate-Mulgrew/7122967465

Thanks! It's silly, but I really do feel better knowing this.

I figured she was tricked. She's way to smart to really endorse something like this.

And yeah, fundies really need to review what bearing false witness means.

I figured she was tricked. She's way to smart to really endorse something like this.

And yeah, fundies really need to review what bearing false witness means.

you never know with actors just look at Scientology.

I don't know about her politics for the most part, but I am pretty sure she is a super duper pro-life Catholic.

According to Wiki:

Mulgrew is also an opponent of abortion and capital punishment. She received an award from Feminists for Life, a pro-life feminist group. She is quoted as saying "Execution as punishment is barbaric and unnecessary", "Life is sacred to me on all levels" and "Abortion does not compute with my philosophy."

And here's the Lawrence Krauss article Kate mentions in here statement:http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/04/08/lawrence_krauss_on_ending_up_in_the_geocentricism_documentary_the_principle.html

As a long time fan of hers, I'm inclined to believe this nonsense was indeed misrepresented to her, because her participation and supposed support seemed wildly out of character for her. She's always seemed to take pride in the fact that Kathryn Janeway has influenced many young women to pursue careers in science, so I can't begin to believe she'd suddenly adopting beliefs that fly so obviously in the face of it. She's indeed much too smart for that.

I don't know about her politics for the most part, but I am pretty sure she is a super duper pro-life Catholic.

According to Wiki:

Well, she was born and raised Catholic. She seems to adhere to what Cardinal Bernardin, the late archbishop of Chicago, called the "seamless garment" of life pro-life ethic. You're probably as likely to see someone like that at a capital punishment protest as at an anti-abortion rally. I do find it odd that the Feminists for Life would include such nut jobs as Sarah Palin and Patricia Heaton who both say some pretty vile things about the President and leftists/liberals/progressives/Democrats in general. They're just using Feminists for Life to further their own agenda.

(I am completely pro-choice, but understand the attraction that some may have to Feminists for Life. It might have appealed to me 20 years ago. Now, I just think it's a stealth organization.)

Ummm.......you guys know that the Star Trek Captains aren't real Captains, right?........right? :whistle:

tip toeing away before virtual rockets are launched at my head.

YOU ARE SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW!!!!

:lol:

According to Wiki:

She was very, very Catholic and yes, very pro-life, but I think in recent years has become more agnostic. Don't know if that shift has affected her stance on abortion, though. It's the one political hot topic she didn't support as a Democrat (she was even married at one point to a man who ran one the Dem ticket for govenor of Ohio during their marriage).

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/08/kate- ... cumentary/

. . . the makers of The Principle misled both the scientists and Mulgrew, hiding the movie’s true purpose until now. Lawrence Krauss said as much earlier Tuesday in an article for Slate: “I have no recollection of being interviewed for such a film, and of course had I known of its premise I would have refused,†he writes. “So, either the producers used clips of me that were in the public domain, or they bought them from other production companies that I may have given some rights to distribute my interviews to, or they may have interviewed me under false pretenses, in which case I probably signed some release. I simply don’t know.â€

“I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called The Principle,†Mulgrew writes in a note on her official Facebook page. “Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in Slate. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused.â€

Wild Ass Guess... if she narrated the whole thing, it may well have been much longer when she narrated it, and cut up for the movie or the trailer. I'm willing to give her some benefit of the doubt if others were being fooled as well. Of course, since I can't remember the last time I saw this woman in anything-- boycotting or not boycotting her acting is a pointless endeavor to me

It's quite possible that the producers gave Kate Mulgrew one script and then edited her narration so it sounded different. She may have thought she was narrating a genuine scientific documentary. I would imagine the scientists included probably thought the same.

Guess what's trending on Facebook right now?

https://www.facebook.com/topic/10946247 ... position=3

From her statement, it sounds like there was some misleading going on. Also, was she the narrator for the whole thing, or just for the trailer?

Archived