IGNORED

‘Star Trek’ actress promoting idea sun revolves around eart

doggie

You really can't make this stupid up. it is hard to believe a actress for a space movie would think this. But stupid is everywhere.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/07/s ... und-earth/

A new documentary film, narrated by a former Star Trek actress, promotes the long-ago disproven idea that the sun revolves around the Earth.

“Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong,†says actress Kate Mulgrew as she narrates the trailer for “The Principle.â€

The film, which is set to be released sometime this spring, was bankrolled in part by the ultra-conservative and anti-Semitic Robert Sungenis, who maintains the blog “Galileo Was Wrong.â€

In addition to Mulgrew, who played Capt. Kathryn Janeway in “Star Trek: Voyager†and “Star Trek: Nemeis,†the film features several scientists, including Michio Kaku, Lawrence Krauss, and Max Tegmart.

In the trailer, the scientists discuss how the Earth’s unique characteristics make it well-suited for life, in comparison to other planets.

But Sungenis himself offers the only real bombshell in the two-minute, 20-second trailer.

“You can go on some websites of NASA to see that they’ve started to take down stuff that might hint to a geocentric universe,†Sungenis says.

About one in four Americans believe in geocentrism, which places the Earth at the center of the universe and the sun, planets, and stars revolving around it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About one in four Americans believe in geocentrism, which places the Earth at the center of the universe and the sun, planets, and stars revolving around it.
:o :lol: :pink-shock:

What the Everloving Fuck? :angry-banghead:

Yeah well Kate Mulgrew never struck me as the brightest.

She was widely disliked on the Voyager set.

You know, maybe this whole evolution thing really IS wrong. Because clearly, some of us never evolved past the Neanderthal stage. Not to insult Neanderthals...

The stupid, it burns!

Do people still believe the sun revolves around the Earth??? Im sure I knew that the Earth moves around the sun when I was 8.

Yeah well Kate Mulgrew never struck me as the brightest.

She was widely disliked on the Voyager set.

Yep. Seems as if she spent a lot of time torturing Jeri Ryan.

Geocentrism doesn't make any sense if you know even a little physics. What is it with the idiots lately? It seems like their crawling out of the woodwork.

I hope she just really needed the money. I mean, that makes me lose respect for her anyway, but slightly less respect.

wtf?

Mulgrew has stated many times she's a democrat, why the fuck would she be doing something that's funded by ultra-conservatives?

I hope she only did that because she needs the money.

:o :lol: :pink-shock:

What the Everloving Fuck? :angry-banghead:

It's not that they purposefully believe that, it's that they don't know the actual answer when polled.

I loved Capt Janeway too. "Voyager" may not have been the best of the lot, but I felt that I could relate. Lost in an unknown and scary universe? Check. Up against the odds, in a possibly hopeless journey? Check. Woman at the helm? Check. (Why, yes, I was a teenager, why do you ask? :mrgreen: )

I hope she just really needed the money. I mean, that makes me lose respect for her anyway, but slightly less respect.

This.

I mean I'm perplexed by the thought of someone believing this. My brain can't handle it.

sorry for stomping on everyone hero sadly it usually turns out heroes are just people in the long run. lessons fundies need to learn.

Dear everybody who doesn't put Sisko first on their list of Star Trek captains:

What does it feel like to be so wrong?

:D

I always loathed Janeway. So I'm glad she's just as bad IRL as she was on screen.

The women on DS9 were competent commanders who weren't godawful stereotypes of women.

Archived