IGNORED

What's up with the Muncks?

VictoriaLucas

That brazen hussy -- her skirt is defrauding in so many ways! Just kidding. She looks great and happy. If she'd joined Maxhell, not only would she be wearing a calico frumper, she'd have one baby on the hip and another on the way.

Again, dodged a bullet there, Liz!

Not only that but she would have no contact w/ her family!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time this is discussed, I just want to give Liz a huge round of applause. It doesn't even matter how long ago it was. It's still ***THAT AWESOME***.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Liz's broken courtship is, in my mind, the definition of what people refer to as 'a gift from God'.

Agree that what Liz did was incredibly brave and very unusual in fundieland. One thing, she was lucky that she had a supportive family that in spite of looking seriously like they were making the Maxwells an idol, they didn't force her to go through with it. But even so, given the typical expectation that wife and motherhood are the main purpose of a fundie girl's life, that she decided that she couldn't go through with it and "give back the gift" as she wrote then, that took serious ovaries to do.

I hope now she sees that "giving back the gift" was indeed a gift from God. A narrow escape from Maxhell can only be that. Never mind what Steveovah thinks.

Wow, this family is just so colorful right down to the parties they have. Good to see a fundie couple who actually had a FULL year of alone time to just...be alone. I realize everyone isn't the same but it just seems like MOST fundie couples are expecting a baby only a few weeks, months, etc., after marriage. Oh and I'm so VERY happy Liz didn't marry Jo. Her emotional quality of life would be dreadful by now! Would really love to know what changed her mind :think:

Wow, this family is just so colorful right down to the parties they have. Good to see a fundie couple who actually had a FULL year of alone time to just...be alone. I realize everyone isn't the same but it just seems like MOST fundie couples are expecting a baby only a few weeks, months, etc., after marriage. Oh and I'm so VERY happy Liz didn't marry Jo. Her emotional quality of life would be dreadful by now! Would really love to know what changed her mind :think:

A lot of us would have loved to have been flies on the wall when Liz changed her mind.

Even more interesting would to be flies on the wall in Maxhell when Steveovah found out.

Wouldn't ya just love to print out a picture if Liz, put it in a picture frame that has Mullets squeaky voice saying "you can't have this....." and mail it to Joe?!?!

Since the Munck's seem more liberal then other families in their circles do you think any of the boys (or girls) will be allowed to go to college or trade school?

I know Mom Munck has said each child above 16 has a pet groomers and then a vet tech type certificate. The kids seem to love the doogie daycare but does every Munck want a career with dogs? It seems to have provided a good living for the Munck's and might be good for some of the kids but I'm curious about the rest of the kids. They have that group of 6 boys that are starting to reach the age of finishing homeschool.

I think Elizabeth and Jana Duggar would have a lot in common. They seem very similar in personality and roles in life. I wonder if they are friends or even know of one another.

I think Elizabeth and Jana Duggar would have a lot in common. They seem very similar in personality and roles in life. I wonder if they are friends or even know of one another.

There is a blog post from July of 2012 and the Munck went to a VF conference and Michelle was there, Mom Munck said she had never heard of the Duggars before!

Archived