IGNORED

What's up with the Muncks?

VictoriaLucas

Joe Burke. They're young and I don't know how he's supporting him. I think he worked for them and they now live a few hours away.

Mama Munck has some sort of degree that allows her to train and certify others to be certified pet groomers and vet assistants. The older kids all have the certificate including Amanda and Joe came to work with them in order to be certified. It sounded like the plan was for them to go into the pet business in another area. Mama Munck has said they have many clients that drive hours to drop off their dogs when they go on vacation. If Joe and Amanda really like dogs and both have the training and they have a few clients in there area that already know Amanda that it would be a good business to go into.

Our family has pet allergies, but if I did have a dog I would trust the Munck family to watch my pet over some of the services that I have seen in my area with people making minimum wage that don't seem to care.

Did Amanda move to were Joe lived? Isn't that the way it works, move to the husband's area?

I was thinking maybe the idea of the farm and getting back to basics looked good to the Munck's but once they left that dream house with the pool and new kitchen and moved into the small farm house, the romance of the simple life wore off fast? Maybe she regrets selling the house?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I still want to know how they crammed that many people into the farmhouse. (even if it's been added on to since)

I wonder if the fact that the Munck are working with dogs, and see/know about non-violent educationnal method make them non-violent parents ? I hope yes, and don't have a "Pearl vibe" from them, but don't know really them. I would trust them to take care of my dog.

They have a pinterest (so do two other munck girls)

pinterest.com/JoeAmandaBurke/

And a blogger profile with no blog, stating they live in south Carolina

blogger.com/profile/13479633123574887387

Yeah, I still want to know how they crammed that many people into the farmhouse. (even if it's been added on to since)

Really their farm house is that small. Saw the picture of the place on their blog & it looked bigger.

IIRC they started out blogging at the time they were changing from fundielite to true fundie, culminating in Elizabeth getting engaged to Joseph Maxwell after meeting him 3 times. At that point they were in very deep but still seemed to have more hoy about life than the Maxwell's (which is extremely easy) and that engagement broke up 1 week before the wedding.

Since there blog is Munck's Quiver I think they must have accepted some Quiverfull teachings at one point even though they weren't officially Gothardites. I'd be interested to know if they were leaving fundamentalism because its almost an entire process we can chart on their blog. However their personal difficulties may have nothing to do with DPIAT or Gothard's issues but might be closer to home. I'm wary of snow pants as an indicator of fundidom.

There are prisoners that have more joy about life than the Maxwell's. I'd venture to guess that the majority of the people in the world, even those in less than ideal circumstances (ie: 3rd world countries) have more joy about life than the Maxwell's. Which is pretty fucking sad when you really think about it.

The eating crow blog was really strange. Maybe last year was just really stressful for her and she hasn't been able to get back on her feet yet. They moved from a beloved home, had a daughter marry off, and she had another baby. Just dealing with one of those events in a years time is often stressful enough. But Momma Quiver definitely doesn't seem the same. She never talks about Amanda and Joe, maybe just a couple of times has she given an update since they got married. She doesn't show the theme tree anymore .... maybe no room for it at the farm house?

Hope all is well with them.

I think the only time that she truly enjoys blogging is when she is knocked up and posts endless pictures of the bump. She comes across as quite a self obsessed woman, then again most of them are.

The whole Maxwell business must of effected them and although it was Liz that called it off, it still left them with egg (or crow) on their face as they had gone quite far down the Maxhell road.

The eating crow blog was really strange. Maybe last year was just really stressful for her and she hasn't been able to get back on her feet yet. They moved from a beloved home, had a daughter marry off, and she had another baby. Just dealing with one of those events in a years time is often stressful enough. But Momma Quiver definitely doesn't seem the same. She never talks about Amanda and Joe, maybe just a couple of times has she given an update since they got married. She doesn't show the theme tree anymore .... maybe no room for it at the farm house?

Hope all is well with them.

The tree is one of the only things she has shown in the new house. She posted pictures of Jan. (snowflakes) and Feb. (Hearts) theme tree. I think the farmhouse is very small. She has shown only one picture of the table made up for a party. It was very close up. Remember how she used to take pictures of all her organic treats, the full table, tree, theme, signs etc. I wonder if it is just one room, family room and dining table and it is hard to keep clean and have a place for everything. I just don't see how you go from close to 3000 square ft to a 1000-1200? sq ft house when you have so many things going on, a newborn, homeschool, sick teen that has home medical equipiment, and adult children.

The tree is one of the only things she has shown in the new house. She posted pictures of Jan. (snowflakes) and Feb. (Hearts) theme tree. I think the farmhouse is very small. She has shown only one picture of the table made up for a party. It was very close up. Remember how she used to take pictures of all her organic treats, the full table, tree, theme, signs etc. I wonder if it is just one room, family room and dining table and it is hard to keep clean and have a place for everything. I just don't see how you go from close to 3000 square ft to a 1000-1200? sq ft house when you have so many things going on, a newborn, homeschool, sick teen that has home medical equipiment, and adult children.

"Organic treats" made me laugh......I only recall lots of fun and naughty junk food at their parties :-)

I think the downsize would be temporarily hard, but with the property to roam and knowing you're building on soon, pretty easy to get through. I don't recall them ever giving the actual size of the house, is my memory failing me?

1200 sq feet is the size of my house. And that's tight for one person, 3 cats, and a dog.

I can't imagine a family that size in a house that size.

I thought they were having financial problems and sold the house because of that. Don't ask me why I thought that.

I figure they are probably in the middle of renovation, which is kind of its own version of hell. Add all their variables into the mix and I'm sure she doesn't really feel like blogging much.

I don't remember them saying they had financial problems. I do remember her posting that owning a farm was a long time dream of theirs. I believe they also said the original house had 2 bedrooms. They added 2 more before moving in.

They bought the farm before they listed or sold their home. They had showed pictures of the farmhouse at least a year before they sold their home. I remember people wondering if the house was for Amanda or another courtship in the works.

I didn't think there was any major financial issues because they still took trips to their timeshare in FL (including Disney/Epcot x 13 tickets), the little girls get webkinz at cracker barrel (which is $14.99 a plush, always wonder if they allow the girls online to sites like webkinz?) , the youngest do not seem to wear hand me downs, they match the girls in current outfits(my daughter has several of the same outfits/pjs as Ruth Elle and Mary Ann, from Kohls ), and when I mentioned organic treats, I was referring to things like her describing the birthday treats as 3 different flavors of cheesecakes from our favorite organic bakery(can't be cheap, certainly if I were hurting financially, the cake would come from a box!).

I think they just really like the idea of living on a farm and sort of homesteading it (or at least hobby farming, in a rural area).

To me they sound like people who found a good deal on good land with a tiny house, so took the opportunity and probably plan to fix the house or otherwise re-do the land a little at a time. Though it does make you wonder what life must be like with that many kids in that house.

Forget bedrooms, how many BATHROOMS do they have is what I wanna know! :)

They're gonna miss that pool this summer. I wonder if there is a pond on the property. If it gets too crowded, I guess they will have to add another room. Doesn't look like they will stop having babies anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Wow - Just reading latest post from Mama Munck -- Elizabeth is breathtaking. Wow.

Wow - Just reading latest post from Mama Munck -- Elizabeth is breathtaking. Wow.

That brazen hussy -- her skirt is defrauding in so many ways! Just kidding. She looks great and happy. If she'd joined Maxhell, not only would she be wearing a calico frumper, she'd have one baby on the hip and another on the way.

Again, dodged a bullet there, Liz!

I think it's super weird that in the photo of the parents and children, Amanda wasn't included. Reminds me a bit if the Maxwells and how once you're married, you aren't considered immediate family anymore. Obviously, she and her husband were in one of the photos together, but she is still a sibling. Maybe it's just me. :)

I'd be inclined to agree, but there is a picture of the whole family. Then a picture without Amanda and her husband, then one of them alone. They kinda covered all their bases in my mind :-)

That brazen hussy -- her skirt is defrauding in so many ways! Just kidding. She looks great and happy. If she'd joined Maxhell, not only would she be wearing a calico frumper, she'd have one baby on the hip and another on the way.

Again, dodged a bullet there, Liz!

Every time this is discussed, I just want to give Liz a huge round of applause. It doesn't even matter how long ago it was. It's still ***THAT AWESOME***.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Liz's broken courtship is, in my mind, the definition of what people refer to as 'a gift from God'.

I think it's super weird that in the photo of the parents and children, Amanda wasn't included. Reminds me a bit if the Maxwells and how once you're married, you aren't considered immediate family anymore. Obviously, she and her husband were in one of the photos together, but she is still a sibling. Maybe it's just me. :)

She and her husband were in the very first one. Everybody was spread across the porch. It is a cute pic! I don't think it's uncommon to take lots of different types of family pictures with different family members. They probably have many more that they didn't post.

Boy oh boy, I didn't realize how, uhmm, "busty" Amanda is. The little bolero jacket shows off those curves! (She does look GREAT!)

I don't care for Liz's shoes. They are cute, just not with that skirt. They would go better with a nice pant suit. She's such a pretty girl, bare legs with a cute pair of sandals would have been more youthful.

Archived