IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure on DWTS: Save us from crusading fundies

Rainytown

I can't wait to see if they cover this on The People's Couch which is about a small groups of people watching TV and their reactions as they watch. There's a lesbian couple (and their Chihuahuas), some gay guys, some elderly Jewish ladies, a white family (they seem ethnic though, not too white bread) and a black family. It's funny to see their reactions.

I can't help but think of Stephon from SNL. Here's the last time they did the sketch...https://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-stefon ... 00913.html

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ms. Bure on DWTS is proving the adage, "If you are using something as a 'witnessing tool', there is a good chance you are a witnessing tool".

:) That's possible, yes--or maybe the two oldest ones, Tommy and Virl? They weren't involved with the singing as they both have some hearing issues. One is deaf, the other partially so, I think. So I'm guessing they probably went on missions.

ETA: With all this Osmond talk, I've been humming "I'm a little bit country..." all day. :laughing-rolling:

mine is meet me in montana

I wonder why they didn't fire Kirk bf his behavior ended the show.Seems it would have saved them a lot of headaches and been easier just to get rid of him.They could've said he went off to college.

Better yet,why didn't he just quit.He was in Hollywood,and when in Rome...

I hope he was put in his place for demanding his coworker be fired.I hope someone stood up to him an said "You are in no position to demand anyone be fired!". He was just a kid w a contract.

Unfortunately no one stood up to him. Julie was fired because she was "bad for his image." Not because she was bad for the show, but because she was a filthy wanton and Kirkie said she had to go . Smh!

classictvbeauties.com/juliemccullough.html

Unfortunately no one stood up to him. Julie was fired because she was "bad for his image." Not because she was bad for the show, but because she was a filthy wanton and Kirkie said she had to go . Smh!

classictvbeauties.com/juliemccullough.html

He's full of himself

I wonder why they didn't fire Kirk bf his behavior ended the show.Seems it would have saved them a lot of headaches and been easier just to get rid of him.They could've said he went off to college.

Better yet,why didn't he just quit.He was in Hollywood,and when in Rome...

I hope he was put in his place for demanding his coworker be fired.I hope someone stood up to him an said "You are in no position to demand anyone be fired!". He was just a kid w a contract.

I'm pretty sure she later sued for wrongful termination and won.

And yeah - is he going to show up to support his sister, or is a reality show with dancers in ~provocative~ clothing too ungodly for him?

The impression that I've gotten of Hollywood, over the years, is that stars of movies and television shows used to have a lot more leverage and could run roughshod over directors, staff and other supporting cast members. I've heard stories not only about Kirk Cameron, but actors such as Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire - she had a habit of showing up drunk on the set and terrorizing other members of the cast) behaving like complete monsters to the people they worked with.

Nowadays, it's more likely for a star to get blackballed in Hollywood for behaving badly on set or openly criticizing the creative talents of those they work with. Google Shia LeBoeuf, Katherine Heigl and Sean Young - all three actors are reportedly blacklisted in Hollywood for being demanding, difficult to work with, and critical of the projects they participated in.

Here's a funny article about some of the 80s-90s sitcoms from hell. There's one pic in it of Julie from Growing Pains in her Playboy cover outfit that may be NSFW.

http://www.cracked.com/article/135_6-be ... bers-life/

edited for clarity

Some of them justify doing stuff they're against if they can use it to spread the word, like as long as you bring more people, it somehow makes what you see as immoral moral.

Oh it's the Nixon theory then! "When I do it, it's not immoral!" (aka "When the President does it, that means it is not illegal.")

I heard that ballroom dancing is actually quite popular among Mormons. DWTS pro Derek Hough is a Mormon, as is his sister Julianne, who used to be one of the pros. Other Mormons who used to be DWTS pros are Chelsea Hightower and Lacey Schwimmer, who was Chaz Bono's pro when he appeared on the show.

• 11 months later...
I hope I've posted this in the right place.

Candace Cameron Bure, who hasn't been on your teevee for the past twenty years, is on Dancing With The Stars this season. Of course, this is seen as a wonderful opportunity to tout her faith and her "modesty", which she's mentioned prominently during the past two episodes. I'm sure you'll all remember the magic that is her brother Kirk and his "more conservative than the Duggars" schtick.

Ms. Cameron Bure was asked to do a rumba last night with her partner. A one line description of a rumba is "the vertical expression of a horizontal wish". It's sensual. Of course it was time for a sermonette about her Christianity and how important it was that "some things" are kept for her husband. And her point?

Am I the only one who is absolutely sick and tired of fundies who choose to appear on a show like Dancing With The Stars to preach to the rest of us? Don't like the costumes, the music or the dance? DON'T APPEAR! The rest of us would like to enjoy a little relaxation without dealing with yet another fundie who wants to beat us over the head with her "faith". Again.

GRRRRR.

I would never want to see her in tight fitting outfits or being sensual in the first place, looking at her at all, turns My stomach...Her fat, discusting effing face and her self righteous BS omg who the hell can stand her?! :pull-hair:

Ms. Bure on DWTS is proving the adage, "If you are using something as a 'witnessing tool', there is a good chance you are a witnessing tool".

:lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

it's ridiculous for her to be on the show pretending it's for any other reason than to have fun, puff up her ego about being in shape, and get applause. The people who watch the show enjoy the things she's being judgy about. They aren't interested in being preached at. Besides if she really had any objection to what they're doing she wouldn't want to draw attention to it and fellow believer's living rooms into the audience.

Archived