IGNORED

Noah and the "homosexual agenda"

docmom

I found this (relatively) innocuous looking blog by homeschooling Catholic mother.

lifewithgreatlove.blogspot.com/

She says why she decided to homeschool...

You see, many of the ways we have been taught, and seek to teach, may (or may not--depends who you are) are a little outside the realm of a typical/institutional schooling system. One of these areas is our "Read Alouds."

I guess she is completely unaware (being homeschooled herself as may be evident when you try to figure out that first sentence) that plenty of typical/institutional schools read aloud to children every day and that this is not the exclusive provence of homeschoolers. Futhermore, said typical/institutional schools can choose books likely to appeal to a certain age group so that, say, a 2 year old is not expected to sit still and digest "Little house on the Prairie".

But, really, hardly worth snarking on. Then I came across this little gem...

I will admit that among all the fantastic titles out there- there are some rotten and acidic apples in the bunch as well. In fact, on one occasion we did lug home a colorful Noah's Ark book where both Noah and her wife were building an ark. Huh? I'm all for diversity in the proper sense and manner; however, when the homosexual agenda begins to creep on the story of Noah and try to change historical facts....clearly, folks, we need to be aware of what our kiddos are ingesting. That book found itself on top of the fridge until it could be returned to the library

So, Mrs Noah helping to build the ark is part of the "homosexual agenda" is it? Teh gayz are obviously being super-stealthy with this one because, evil liberal heathen that I am, I do not see it.

I guess they mean that in the book, Noah was female? I have a hard time believing a book like that could find a publisher.

I found this (relatively) innocuous looking blog by homeschooling Catholic mother.

lifewithgreatlove.blogspot.com/

She says why she decided to homeschool...

I guess she is completely unaware (being homeschooled herself as may be evident when you try to figure out that first sentence) that plenty of typical/institutional schools read aloud to children every day and that this is not the exclusive provence of homeschoolers. Futhermore, said typical/institutional schools can choose books likely to appeal to a certain age group so that, say, a 2 year old is not expected to sit still and digest "Little house on the Prairie".

But, really, hardly worth snarking on. Then I came across this little gem...

So, Mrs Noah helping to build the ark is part of the "homosexual agenda" is it? Teh gayz are obviously being super-stealthy with this one because, evil liberal heathen that I am, I do not see it.

I suspect it was the "Noah and HER wife" part that flipped her out. I'd rather wonder if it was a typo instead of some deep dark agenda of teh ebil gayz.

I just looked through pages and pages of Noah's ark kids books and couldn't find anything like this. I also did a few different google searches and couldn't find reference to a book like this. I did find several books on Noah's wife (who was a woman), but Noah was a man in all of them.

I've been googling all the permutations of "lesbian Noah's Ark" I can think of and have drawn a blank.

Maybe she saw that Noah had long hair the "dress" and though..and.... No, the beard should've nixed that idea... I got nothin'

I suspect it was the "Noah and HER wife" part that flipped her out. I'd rather wonder if it was a typo instead of some deep dark agenda of teh ebil gayz.

That would make sense if it was simply a typo in the book. It probably even showed the typical bearded Noah, but because of the typo she thinks it's promoting homosexuality. She's really got homosexuality on her mind if that's where her mind goes before thinking it's just a typo.

Of course, I don't know what the issue with the book really was, but I can't think of another scenario that makes sense.

Edit: Here's a book about "Noah and her Sisters": http://www.amazon.com/The-Chronicles-No ... 0824515099 I don't see anything about a lesbian relationship, though.

It seems to me that conservative Christians (and especially fundies) are completely obsessed with homosexuality. Perhaps, it is they and not society in general that have the problem.

Maybe it was the Rainbow at the end that scared her.

Nah, it was Noah warbling "Over The Rainbow" in Judy Garland's voice that frosted her cupcakes,

It seems to me that conservative Christians (and especially fundies) are completely obsessed with homosexuality. Perhaps, it is they and not society in general that have the problem.

That's true.

100% true that conservatives are obsessed with homosexuality. It is 'in their opinion' the one truly unforgivable 'sin'. It is unfathomable to me that they could forgive a child molester before they could ever 'forgive' a gay person.

Archived