IGNORED

Gay People Are Bullying America

Toothfairy

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is still not pleased with Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's ® decision to veto SB 1062 late last month.

In an interview with conservative radio host Lars Larson during last week's Conservative Political Action Conference, Bachmann said the downfall of the bill, which would have allowed businesses to refuse service to gay individuals on religious grounds, illustrated how LGBT activists have "bullied" voters and politicians.

"There's nothing about gays in there. But the gay community decided to make this their measure," Bachmann said. "I think the thing that is getting a little tiresome, the gay community, they have so bullied the American people, and they've so intimidated politicians. The politicians fear them, so that they think they get to dictate the agenda everywhere."

Bachmann said, however, that liberals likely wouldn't attempt to change the U.S. Constitution to "take away" religious rights because "activist judges" and President Barack Obama will simply ignore the document instead.Bachmann had voiced her opposition to Brewer's veto in an interview with ABC News & Yahoo's "Fine Print" earlier this month.

“I was sorry that she made the decision, and it’s because I believe that tolerance is a two-way street and we need to respect everyone's rights, including the rights of people who have sincerely held religious beliefs," Bachmann said. "Right now, there's a terrible intolerance afoot in the United States, and it's against people who hold sincerely held religious beliefs."

The congresswoman, who is set to retire after this congressional session, has previously dismissed the issue of school bullies targeting gays.

I think Michelle has it all wrong. If anything America is bullying Gays.

I wonder how right-wing, conservative Christians can live in a completely different reality than the rest of us.

Wait, she thinks the lgbt community is bullying others? I really have to wonder how often she drops 'fag' as a "term of endearment" at her little republican house parties. Or at the very least, she participates in conversations where the word is thrown around heavily by her friends, because I can't imagine her statement to be anything less than hypocritical.

When she tells someone what time it is, does she get that wrong too? Is there anything that woman can say that isn't straight from her ass?

A truly pro-life person would not heap shame and condemnation on anyone and would not bully anyone, let alone those who are exponentially more likely to attempt suicide, as are LGBTQ youth. Some days, there are not enough swear words in the world.

What a maroon! (to quote Bugs Bunny). She and her ilk are nothing but bullies, who piss and moan when they don't get their way. :music-tool: :violin:

Yeah!

Like when slaves bullied their way out of slavery!

Or when African Americans bullied their way out of Jim Crow!

Or when women bullied everyone into giving them the vote!

She's confusing the idea of "bullying" with "people not letting me do whatever I want whenever I want".

"Right now, there's a terrible intolerance afoot in the United States, and it's against people who hold sincerely held religious beliefs."

Wonder what her opinion was on the issues at the Minneapolis airport where Muslim taxi drivers were refusing to transport passengers who carried alcohol......

Does she not realize America isn't a Christian nation :hand: Just because you yourself doesn't like something doesn't mean other people can't have it. Michelle 50 years ago you wouldn't even be where you are now. In the eyes of a man, you would be nothing but a housewife.

Michelle Bachman is an idiot. That is all.

Considering that she has deluded herself into thinking that her husband is straight (among all of her other crap), I'd say that she passed simple idiocy a long time ago.

So if I hold a deep and sincere belief that I don't want to serve Christians at my place of business, I suppose she would be in support of that and have tolerance for my beliefs?

Discrimination makes no sense from an economic perspective. I thought gay money was as good as straight money. Bigotry: it outweighs greed.

First and formost, I object to here use of the word "bully" in this setting. A better word would be "influencing". Then she would be correct. Gay people (and their allies) are influencing the votes of American politicians.

I am pretty certain that this is exactly the way the system is supposed to work. Citizen have a singular power, a power that obligates the repersentatives to listen to what we are telling them. This power is the vote. When citizens elect a representative, be it a mayor, a governer, a congressperson, senator or Priesident, the elected official is WORKING FOR his/her contituents. They are obilgated to listen, to pay attention and to vote on decisions that their onstituents care about. We are ALL permitted to lobby, to write to the media, to demonstrate and make our wishes known to other people...to gather public support...to ask our elected officials to conisider the ramifications of the laws they create and enact. And the elected official is obligated to represent the need of the public (voters) whome s/he represents. Jan Brewer did exactly the correct thing. Even if her personal ideas were a little different, she vetoed the bill because she heard and considered the needs of her state.

This is how Democracy works. Major changes come from public pressure. If our pressure (bullying???) did not alter the decisions of the learders, then we would not have a Democracy, we would have a Dictatorship.

Oh, stop trying to confuse her with logic. I think she's stuck at the same developmental stage as my 2yo. "I don't like it. Waaahh"(insert optional flailing on the floor and screaming) is about as far as she's gotten and every parenting book in the world tells you not to reason with a toddler mid-meltdown.

I sometimes watch our local fundie Christian TV channel here in Milwaukee for a good snark. This past week they featured a program called "Silencing Christians" on how the gays are denying fundies Christians of their free speech. I nearly plotzed. Fundies are not being silenced and they are not being bullied. In fact, fundies never shut the fuck up and they are some of the biggest bullies out there.

“I was sorry that she made the decision, and it’s because I believe that tolerance is a two-way street and we need to respect everyone's rights, including the rights of people who have sincerely held religious beliefs," Bachmann said.

Tolerance is a two-way street as long as gay people are being dragged behind a conservative's car on both sides. She's a bigot who really can't see how her own words show nothing but hate for people who want EQUAL treatment.

Yeah, sure, gay people are bullying America. Just the way Black people bullied America back in the 50s and 60s.

So gays are bullying the American people - does being gay mean you get your passport revoked? Surely gay people are also part of the American people?

She should hang out with this yahoo: http://drjamesdobson.org/Solid-Answers/ ... sc=FFB2014

The homosexual lobby is why we spend more money on HIV/AIDS research than other diseases. Gay people have better paying jobs and a higher % of college degrees. The poor conservative Christians are stranded on their own... "I'm simply making the point that the homosexual community is hardly an oppressed, powerless minority seeking protection under the law."

Are they best friends? I think they'd get along well.

I wonder how right-wing, conservative Christians can live in a completely different reality than the rest of us.

You know reality has a liberal bias.

I know right? Gay people need to stop bullying me into having gay sex. I mean, it's bad enough that the heterosexual people are doing it...

I mean, If gays have rights, imagine all they gay sex well be forced to have! Just like we're being forced to have heterosexual sex....

soon we will have gay training centers to teach people abbot gay sex then the birth rate will drop and there will be less worriers for christ. what a tragedy

Archived