IGNORED

TWOP Has Crappy Rules And Sucks At Explaining Them

ljohnson2006

I'm banned from TWOP for two days, because it's rude to tell people what to post about. I didn't think my post was rude, and didn't intend for it to be. TWOPHoward is a :music-tool: :wtf:

Does anyone on Free Jinger also use TWOP? Are you starting to hate it?

I stopped twop ages ago. Probably around the time Bravo bought the site and the recaps stopped being funny. I stopped posting their well before that, after I was banned for board on board behavior, which is a stupid rule.

Which thread were you on when you were banned?

I read there but hardly ever post. I was reading the "My Five Wives" thread there since there wasn't anything new here (that I had seen yet, anyway).

The whole "boards on boards" thing is weird... I don't really get it. It's okay to talk about the tv show but not okay to talk about talking about the tv show? Or something like that?

I am a read only too. I read The Following because for some reason I can never follow what's going on when I watch the show. I also read LHOP (posters are hilarious) and some House Hunters. I don't post anymore because I also do not understand the rules and have been flagged for saying something that I still to this day do not understand was wrong. I have been a member since 2003 and I am still confused by the rules.

I'm banned from TWOP for two days, because it's rude to tell people what to post about. I didn't think my post was rude, and didn't intend for it to be. TWOPHoward is a :music-tool: :wtf:

Does anyone on Free Jinger also use TWOP? Are you starting to hate it?

I saw one of your posts and went uh oh she's going to get in trouble. I don't think it was rude necessarily but I was expecting it was against the rules. You can't even hint that certain topics should be off limits or that an opinion of someone else isn't valid on the board except by saying I believe xyz. However, I've found that if you think a certain thing is too distasteful such as speculating on the sexuality of Duggar offspring you can ask Howard what she thinks and she will take action if her sensibilities are offended.

Not much help I'm sure, but at least it's only a two day suspension.

Howard and I had issues on a non Duggar board a few years ago. Lots of issues, and I was going to get banned sooner rather than later, so I gave up... :?

I am 99% read-only there - the Little House thread is hilarious, and TWOP is the best source I've found so far for news/discussion about the few reality shows I watch (Deadliest Catch, mainly, but also DH's faves Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold). I got started there ages ago, with the 7th Heaven and Gilmore Girls recaps; the 7th Heaven recaps are priceless. The site isn't what it used to be, sadly.

I am 99% read-only there - the Little House thread is hilarious, and TWOP is the best source I've found so far for news/discussion about the few reality shows I watch (Deadliest Catch, mainly, but also DH's faves Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold). I got started there ages ago, with the 7th Heaven and Gilmore Girls recaps; the 7th Heaven recaps are priceless. The site isn't what it used to be, sadly.

The 7th Heaven recaps were gold. So awesome.

Howard and I had issues on a non Duggar board a few years ago. Lots of issues, and I was going to get banned sooner rather than later, so I gave up... :?

That was also the case with me, it was also a non-Duggar board. I basically gave up before I could be banned.

They shut down the GH board for about 12 hours yesterday. For years that thread ran without hearing from the mods and since sometime last year the mods are all over the place.

I quit posting because Howard is a power tripping no life having Nazi who probably beats off in his parents' basement & he can suck my dick.<----I'm a chick by the way :D

Howard is a woman, but I suspect she lives in her parents' attic with fifteen cats and fourteen hamsters. :wink-kitty:

Howard is a woman, but I suspect she lives in her parents' attic with fifteen cats and fourteen hamsters. :wink-kitty:

I don't normally swing that way, but in that case, she can suck my dick.

I read over there, but I've never registered. The mods (Howard especially) are insufferable. I wish everything I was interested in had a FJ equivalent.

I used to read/post on the Buffy, Angel and Batterstar Galactica (2004) forums. I think they were all moderated by Stega (and later, Jacob). Strega was a real piece of work. She was unnecessarily mean to those who broke the rules. The last straw was when someone innocently mentioned that they hadn't read the entire (20+) pages of a thread but wanted to add their two cents. Strega deleted her post and wrote that since she didn't bother to read the rules on reading past posts, what she had to say was garbage and not worth repeating. Strega's comment in of itself was a violation of the rules. No one called her on it. I thought about doing so, since I was ready to leave the site, but decided against it. I got the feeling Strega was one of those people who has a hair trigger temper who gets really nasty when provoked. Frankly, I didn't care to deal with someone like that.

Looking back on it, I kind of wished I had mentioned something, even if it was going to be deleted. Strega was a classic bully. She surrounded herself with sycophants and treated others like crap. She was Queen Bee and made sure everyone felt her sting. Despite the fact she had great recaps and was (IMHO) a gifted writer, her mean girl behavior eventually made her writings unpalatable to me.

Interestingly enough, I never got banned or warned on TWOP. However, I felt like there was a level of fear permeating the community. Each time I posted, I always felt like there was a chance I broke some asinine rule and I'd get smacked hard for it. Eventually, I realized it was because TWOP was run by little tyrants who relished in their pathetic power play. I didn't want to be part of that type of community anymore and left. I sometimes go back to read but rarely, if ever, to post. It's just not a pleasant place.

TWOP pride themselves on being an excellent place for discussions (and it does have great discussions), but it is needlessly heavy handed with its rules and moderating. I like FJ because we don't have a heavy moderating hand yet people manage to be civil to each other. Perhaps it's because we are a small community but I feel like it's a pleasant place to post and discuss ideas. I can't say the same about TWOP.

Archived