IGNORED

Mock Arrests of Ohio Pastors Create Confusion

doggie

too bad the video has been removed. the stupid of this is hard to comprehend. The poor persecuted christians need to do these fake arrests to show how their beliefs are getting attacked. All I can say is the pastor is a moron.

http://fox8.com/2014/03/05/mock-arrests ... confusion/

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — The staged arrests of pastors in front of their congregations in northeast Ohio got a surprising reaction for one sheriff.

Videos of the mock arrests posted online brought a wave of criticism for the Summit County Sheriff’s office from people who thought the deputies really were interrupting church services to make arrests.

Sheriff Steve Barry says his deputies took part in the mock arrests Sunday at a couple churches around Akron after the pastors approached his office and asked it to participate.

The churches staged the arrests as part of their “Defending the Faith†sermons. Videos showed deputies handcuffing pastors while they preached and placing them in patrol cars.

The sheriff says he wishes that those who put the videos online would have noted that the events had been staged.

It's Akron. Akron is a cesspool full of morons. Keep in mind, they're doing this crap in neighborhoods where it's a good place to get shot on a sunny, Sunday afternoon. My husband is from there, and we have made very conscious efforts to raise our kids as far away as we could. I would be willing to bet Ernest Angeley (or however the hell you spell his name) was involved. He's a megachurch televangelist from the area. I lol'd a couple of years ago when his private jet skidded off the runway. (no one was hurt.) Next to the megachurch, he has a restaurant named The Cathedral Buffet. Complete with dioramas of biblical scenes. I've never been, but DH says it's as snarkworthy as one would imagine. His Granny used to take them there. A good friend and I have thought about fundie crashing. lol He's also got an unfinished TV broadcast tower/station. His sheeple must have gotten stingy. There are a couple of other megachurch places around there I can think of that may have done it.

Not if the officers are doing it on their own time. My dad brought in an off duty cop in uniform (minus the gun, but with handcuffs) for a sermon illustration.

He has also brought in an ambulance gurney, a skateboard (with a kid he recruited to do he actual skate boarding) and has preached wearing a jail uniform that he actually got from the sheriff's office (my dad has connections.)

He sounds crazy, but he's not, he just likes to use things people remember in order to make a point. And you know what, it works.

Eta: my dad would never endorse this though. It's way too far out for him, and I agree, the sherriff's office shouldn't have been involved, but I don't think the sheriff can dictate what officers do on their own time.

The sheriff office shouldn't have been involved in this at all. Isn't this a waste of tax payer money?

bet he or they are member of the church.

In addition to Ernest Angley, Akron also had Rex Humbard and Maude Aimee Humbard. Ernest took over Rex's facilities after Humbard died.

Is Ernest Angley even still alive?(Wiki says he's 92 if he is).

It's Akron. Akron is a cesspool full of morons. Keep in mind, they're doing this crap in neighborhoods where it's a good place to get shot on a sunny, Sunday afternoon. My husband is from there, and we have made very conscious efforts to raise our kids as far away as we could. I would be willing to bet Ernest Angeley (or however the hell you spell his name) was involved. He's a megachurch televangelist from the area. I lol'd a couple of years ago when his private jet skidded off the runway. (no one was hurt.) Next to the megachurch, he has a restaurant named The Cathedral Buffet. Complete with dioramas of biblical scenes. I've never been, but DH says it's as snarkworthy as one would imagine. His Granny used to take them there. A good friend and I have thought about fundie crashing. lol He's also got an unfinished TV broadcast tower/station. His sheeple must have gotten stingy. There are a couple of other megachurch places around there I can think of that may have done it.

I live near Akron and am really tempted to go. Pity I'm pregnant and don't eat at buffets :(

These people see persecution everywhere and hope for it. If it doesn't happen for real (and it never does), they will fabricate it ..... Or dramatize it, as in this case.

Archived