IGNORED

Alexander Family Update

MissBitters

Meredith's family posted an update.

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-alexanders-2013.html

Highlights:

- Meredith's younger siblings stayed with her for a week and the boys learned some wrestling moves from Stephen

- Elliot bought a farm (but is still living at home). Maybe he is getting ready for marriage or at least a new courtship?

- Meredith gave birth to a little boy named John Bradford. Some googling shows it's possible he was named after an English reformer & martyr. So I guess the Hammers are going that route with baby names...

- Joy & Timmy went on another cruise. Joy & the younger kids spent some time at Disney World. The family also bought season passes to Busch Gardens. It looks like their finances are doing a little better even without Meredith doing all the work.

- Stephen was deployed to Afghanistan not long after the birth of the new baby.

Bonus: Elliot has a new blog. One of his first entries is about dealing with temptation and his struggle with lust.

esalexander.blogspot.com/

Bonus: Elliot has a new blog. One of his first entries is about dealing with temptation and his struggle with lust.

Justvthe sort of thing that's appropriate to plaster all over the internet...:/

But you know, he could be doing some girl who otherwise might be interested in him as husband material a service. She or her daddy might see that and take a pass. It might not stop everyone but it could stop a few. I have no doubts that some of the fundies we follow here have lost out even amongst their own when they post their nonsense over the internet.

And one of the commenters quotes TTUAC -- great!

After reading your post today, then reading "To Train Up a Child" a paragraph on children's guilt (which applies to adults) seemed to relate:

"Guilt is never in itself restorative. That is, it does not tend towards less blameworthy actions, for, though it directs the soul away from causing guilt, there is no strength or moral courage in guilt itself. On the contrary, the guilt-ridden soul is a slave to every temptation. Compounded guilt puts one out of touch with normal psychological restraints."

Contrary to modern psychological teachings which view guilt as the culprit, guilt is like the smoke alarm. It's when we don't feel guilt that we should be worried- a sensitive conscience is the sign of God's prompting in our life. I'm personally encouraged in knowing that God never gives us more than we can handle, and the temptations we overcome now will help us overcome temptations/trials in the future.

At least she didn't suggest that he get someone to whip him, to end his guilt, which is what Pearl recommends for children after the quoted passage. :roll:

I find Elliot's mention of Satan interesting. This is the second post he names Satan meddling in his affairs. He comes off as being much more extreme in his faith than Meredith. I know the devil is a part of Christianity but most Christians I know don't really drop his name unless they are uber religious. Or the Church Lady(

). As far as I can remember, Meredith's approach was more along the lines of "God is testing me" or how much she is loved by God/Jesus. Elliot's writing is reminding me more of the Steve Maxwell way of life. Also, I feel a lot sympathy for the kid because he is beating himself up for feeling lust. What he is experiencing is perfectly normal for 22-year-old guy and it's a shame his upbringing has lead him to believe he is defective and should try to correct the issue.

Meredith's family posted an update.

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-alexanders-2013.html

Highlights:

- Meredith's younger siblings stayed with her for a week and the boys learned some wrestling moves from Stephen

- Elliot bought a farm (but is still living at home). Maybe he is getting ready for marriage or at least a new courtship?

- Meredith gave birth to a little boy named John Bradford. Some googling shows it's possible he was named after an English reformer & martyr. So I guess the Hammers are going that route with baby names...

- Joy & Timmy went on another cruise. Joy & the younger kids spent some time at Disney World. The family also bought season passes to Busch Gardens. It looks like their finances are doing a little better even without Meredith doing all the work.

- Stephen was deployed to Afghanistan not long after the birth of the new baby.

I have a feeling they're doing pretty well. I've noticed that their farm has contracts to supply dairy products to a number of businesses in northern Virginia. I actually know folks who buy from the Alexanders - most are people who have no idea what their beliefs are. I find myself wondering how some of their customers would react if they knew what the money they give these folks goes to support.

"This anniversary trip was so special as it marked an important year of our marriage that was characterized by openness and brokenness."

I wonder what that's about...?

Archived