IGNORED

Modesty! You know you want it

JesusFightClub

I used to ask my partner if an outfit was "too hoochie" for teaching. After hearing the same answer several times ("Bzuh? You don't live in Provo"), I quit asking.

I have learned that different people have such different responses to the same things that "Is this modest?" is not a meaningful question. To most of my friends, long gloves worn with a t-shirt in a contrasting color are an interesting if unconventional way to deal with weird weather. But one of my friends finds them fetishy enough to make him blush.

:shrug:

campus is a loaded minefield. There are girls everywhere and it is guaranteed that I will

pass some attractive girls as I walk in between classes.

THE HORROR!

I feel genuinely sorry for the guy. Someone needs to tell him that Jesus won't mind him having a wank.

At least those women in our area who wear them (they're not really burqas, though, because their eyes are still visible) are being honest about it

They're called niqab (face veils). The sort of black shirty thing which goes over your arms and chest is called an abaya, I think.

I don't like the thinking behind the niqab, but I respect women who wear it as I would respect anyone despite their clothing choice.

Now I think you will agree with me that modesty and self control would be foreign to the

overly majority of women who walk through at present Lake Forest, Montgomery or

White Flint Mall.

Wait a damn minute! How is "modesty" and "self control" lumped together in here? I can assure you, I sometimes dress in low cut tops, but I always have self control. Or is this jackwagon insinuating that women need to consider MEN'S (presumed lack of) self control before stepping out?

I would have to wear a life jacket underneath my clothes to hide my breasts. They are there, REALLY there & I get stared(ogled) at all the flipping time!! I hate it!

Nope. Not appropriate. It would make you look fat. And everyone knows that you if you're fat you're a sinning sinner who sins in so many sinning ways that you should just be at home asking for forgiveness for your sins. Nope. Gonna have to bind those puppies to keep the gaze averted.

General :angry-banghead: all around.

The thing that they never seem to get is you are supposed to find other people attractive. It's how you find a mate and reproduce. Really, it's okay for a man to find a woman walking past him a little pretty. It's the nature of the hetero or bi man to notice a woman they think is attractive. The world will not end. In fact, it's the very idea that thinking such a thing is so evil that is likely causing him and others like him such trouble. If you stop seeing a woman as solely a sexual being and as a being all her own, which can be a beautiful being to the human eyes as well, these issues and panic over thinking she's kinda pretty and that may lead to so-called bad thoughts will not be an issue. How many women see attractive men and can only think sex, sex, he's hot, I wanna fuck him and not once think of him as a human being entitled to his body. Seriously, seeing a woman solely as sexual temptations and the cause of you sinning is degrading and when you degrade someone, you put them beneath you and when you put someone beneath you, you can easily justify harm to that person...after all, they are not as important or as good or whatever as you...so, their thoughts/opinions/feelings do not matter.

Seriously? My father is the kind of person who would tell me to mix orange plaid pants with a bright yellow T-shirt with hot pink polka dots.

Also, when helping me shop for a formal, he got excited, saying he'd found the perfect dress for me. It was a 1X.

Depending, I am either a size 0 or a size 1. I think a 1x on me would be downright immodest, as it would keep falling down.

I am blessed with small breasts, and even when I wear baggy clothing (which is often, because I hate wearing a bra and no one seems to notice if I'm wearing a sweatshirt or a hoodie or two baggy t-shirts or something.) you can tell I have breasts. You might not be able to tell much about them, but they're still there, still visible.

Much as I'd love to get a mastectomy (I hate wearing bras that much, plus I don't see much of a need for them) just to please you, it's kind of a not feasible option.

I was somewhat less than amused. That was also the last time I ever took my father clothes shopping.

Well, I for one, think that he's absolutely right! The other day, I walked into the shop to buy a lighter, and the cashier asked me for ID. A quick check of my clothing revealed that I was wearing a long winter coat, a long woollen skirt, and a pair of old hiking boots. AND my bag-strap lay between my enticing A-cup breasts, and I had opened my coat to reveal my sexy bright-green, woolly jumper. Oh, I thought as I handed over my ID, the poor man- I have defrauded him, and now he's looking at my ID to find out my address, so he can slate his lust on my body.

"Sorry, Ma'am," the cashier said, handing me my ID back, "store policy dictates that I can't accept that. Do you have a driver's licence on you?" Goodness, how much information did that godly young man need? He looked about 18, and was surely internet-savvy enough to stalk me, now that his unholy lust was ignited. Oh, what pain it was to my heart! But Jeebus is good, and I had forgotten my driver's licence. No new lighter, but a lighter heart knowing that my ID gives out my old address, and that this poor, poor young man will have been spared the sin I tempted him into.

THIS is why we need to take responsibility! I can wait for the ignition on my oven to be fixed, and serve slow-cooker meals till then. In fact, now that I have given up going outside at all, to avoid any chance of defrauding anyone, I have ample time to wait for the ignition to get fixed. The wait might be a long one, since I also refuse to talk to the ladies at the call centre (what are they doing working away from the patriarchal umbrella?) and can't speak to any of the men (my voice might defraud them). It's hard, but we all must sacrifice - and Emily's gloodles will soon become a family favourite, I'm sure. But the danger that I might compromise the purity of yet another innocent young man is too, too great! I could not live with myself! Can you? Or are you just not as holy as I am?

I'm kind of amused. After posting, my dad sent me an email telling me, in these exact words, "I hope you're taking care in how you dress when you go outside..."

The rest of the sentence makes it sound less creepy; he saw the weather report where I live, it's VERY cold, so he hopes I'm dressing warmly.

No, I thought I'd stroll outside in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. In --17C weather with a windchill of very very cold and strong enough to almost knock me off my feet.

Modesty is humility expressed in dress, a desire to serve others, particularly men, and not promote or provoke sensuality or lust.

It was bitter cold today. My son and my father went out for lunch. We all ended up over my parents house for dinner and my father told of an incident that happened when they went out. A homeless man was sitting outside in the cold with his homeless sign that asked for donations. A cop came up to him and said "If you don't leave, I am going to punch you in the face." When my father told the story, my mother pointed to me and said "If this one was there, we would have had to bail her out of jail because she would have gone ballistic." These modesty/ugly dresses/serve men people need to get their asses off the computer preaching their nonsense and into the real world that God put them in and learn what He meant by serving others. The weather is in the negative numbers in many parts of the country. The homeless are suffering. They are the ones who need the help and need to be served.

It was bitter cold today. My son and my father went out for lunch. We all ended up over my parents house for dinner and my father told of an incident that happened when they went out. A homeless man was sitting outside in the cold with his homeless sign that asked for donations. A cop came up to him and said "If you don't leave, I am going to punch you in the face." When my father told the story, my mother pointed to me and said "If this one was there, we would have had to bail her out of jail because she would have gone ballistic." These modesty/ugly dresses/serve men people need to get their asses off the computer preaching their nonsense and into the real world that God put them in and learn what He meant by serving others. The weather is in the negative numbers in many parts of the country. The homeless are suffering. They are the ones who need the help and need to be served.

That is so horrible :(

There's a bloke who begs outside one of my local shops, I normally give him a couple of quid if I have it on me. He's originally from the same part of London my family are from and is a bit of a character, not always in a good way, but basically a decent person. One day he'd asked me if I could spare something and I told him I'd give him some cash when I got out the shop as I didn't have change on me, he said fine and many thanks. When I got out he was being arrested.

The polis were searching him in the middle of the street and were being quite rude and abusive towards him, he made a mild complaint and they told him "shut the fuck up". One had found that he had got a bit of resin on him, and was waving it about shouting. I know this bloke, he's not a dealer, it was a tiny amount and undoubtedly for his personal use. Of course it is fine if middle-class professionals smoke a bit of weed but god forbid you enjoy the same thing if you are homeless.

Anyway I wanted to help the guy but he sort of shook his head at me, I went away sadly and hoped he was OK. I don't know his proper name but I didn't see him for a while after that and when I did see him he was pretty subdued and seemed to be downcast. I suppose he got the jail. I don't suppose it was the first time.

There are loads of people out there living in horrible ways, and these idiots are fixating on whether people wear a bag with a strap between their breasts or not. There aren't even words for such fuckwittery. Go and help the poor! Your leader told you to do that! He didn't tell you to be obsessively monitoring women's breasts, because he probably realised you could do that on your own without any exhortations.

You know, in all of the depictions I've ever seen of Christ, he's never worn pants. If fundies are so concerned with modesty and being more Christ-like, you'd think the men would take to skirts, as well. I'm surprised they're not especially concerned about exposed crotch lines, what with all of the homosexuals that are hijacking traditional families.

Several years ago, when my son was an infant, I decided to take him on a walk around our neighborhood. At the time, I was still overweight, having not lost any weight from my pregnancy yet. It was cold outside, so we were both bundled up. I had on jeans, a sweater, a huge parka that hung to mid thigh, gloves, a knit cap, and the hood of my parka pulled up on my head. I was by no means looking sexy that day. And yet, as a car drove by, a man whistled at me. Seriously, an overweight middle aged mom walking her infant son covered from head to toe and I still got whistled at? I knew from that point on, no matter what I wore or what I did, some man somewhere would be turned on. So, I say wear what you want and do what you want because it won't make any difference. If your clothing choice causes a man to have lustful thoughts, that's his problem not yours.

I don't think asking my husband what I should wear would result in my looking more like a fundy. He has in just the past year bought me a Victoria's Secret bra top mini dress, a pretty sheer light sweater (still looking for something that will look good under that) and two skirts that are definitely above the knee.

I have a feeling he doesn't care if someone else is looking, either.

I don't think asking my husband what I should wear would result in my looking more like a fundy. He has in just the past year bought me a Victoria's Secret bra top mini dress, a pretty sheer light sweater (still looking for something that will look good under that) and two skirts that are definitely above the knee.

I have a feeling he doesn't care if someone else is looking, either.

I'm with you. My husband and I were joking about this last night, because if it was up to him, I'd wear nothing but thigh high boots, Star Trek length shirts, and and a corset for a top. He is always trying to get me to show off my goodies MORE, not less.

(yes, this is an exaggeration, but not all that much of one.)

That is so horrible :(

There's a bloke who begs outside one of my local shops, I normally give him a couple of quid if I have it on me. He's originally from the same part of London my family are from and is a bit of a character, not always in a good way, but basically a decent person. One day he'd asked me if I could spare something and I told him I'd give him some cash when I got out the shop as I didn't have change on me, he said fine and many thanks. When I got out he was being arrested.

The polis were searching him in the middle of the street and were being quite rude and abusive towards him, he made a mild complaint and they told him "shut the fuck up". One had found that he had got a bit of resin on him, and was waving it about shouting. I know this bloke, he's not a dealer, it was a tiny amount and undoubtedly for his personal use. Of course it is fine if middle-class professionals smoke a bit of weed but god forbid you enjoy the same thing if you are homeless.

Anyway I wanted to help the guy but he sort of shook his head at me, I went away sadly and hoped he was OK. I don't know his proper name but I didn't see him for a while after that and when I did see him he was pretty subdued and seemed to be downcast. I suppose he got the jail. I don't suppose it was the first time.

There are loads of people out there living in horrible ways, and these idiots are fixating on whether people wear a bag with a strap between their breasts or not. There aren't even words for such fuckwittery. Go and help the poor! Your leader told you to do that! He didn't tell you to be obsessively monitoring women's breasts, because he probably realised you could do that on your own without any exhortations.

I'm on first name terms with a local beggar too, and funnily enough I just saw him today. He sits in an underpass outside the local Tesco with his dog - she's ever so protective of him. Like you, I'll spare a couple of quid if I've got it. If not, I feel slightly bad but he's a nice guy and will always chat.

I'm with you. My husband and I were joking about this last night, because if it was up to him, I'd wear nothing but thigh high boots, Star Trek length shirts, and and a corset for a top. He is always trying to get me to show off my goodies MORE, not less.

(yes, this is an exaggeration, but not all that much of one.)

I think I misread this the first time as I am now picturing a corset in Star Trek colours. MrMiggy would definitely be into that! I'll have to look for one.

It didn't help that I said shirts instead of skirts. Not that it's really any different. Those skirts were about the length of a shirt anyway. Poor Uhura always had her posterior hanging out. Those skirts were ridiculously short, even by my liberal standards.

I think I misread this the first time as I am now picturing a corset in Star Trek colours. MrMiggy would definitely be into that! I'll have to look for one.

Don't wear a red one -- you'll be the first to die when you beam down.

Don't wear a red one -- you'll be the first to die when you beam down.

Well ... MrMiggy is a chemistry professor in a medical school so I should probably dress as a medical officer. That's blue, right?

Based on the malls he referenced, he lives near me. Troubling.

Now I feel guilty for defrauding and causing lustful thoughts to a male co-worker. We had a meeting and unbeknownst to me, I had a small piece of spinach on my chest (apparently I missed my mouth while eating lunch). Male co-worker was a bit red and stammering during meeting but I assumed it was due to my knee-length skirt and black tights, or the whore-like layer of chapstick on my lips. Little did I know I was being a temptress by drawing his eyes to my ample chest. My initital reaction was embarrassment for being a messy eater and showing up at a meeting wtih a superior looking sloppy, but now I realize he was too busy fantasizing about licking Italian dressing off my chest. What a relief. :roll:

Well ... MrMiggy is a chemistry professor in a medical school so I should probably dress as a medical officer. That's blue, right?

Yes. As Thoughtful said, avoid red, unless you wanna die first.

Archived