IGNORED

Merry Christmas... from the Arndt Penguins

truthteller

Seth Arndt, avatar_Seth.jpga soon to be 22 year old grown ass man wants you to know his only friends, the Arndt penguins, wants to wish us all a Merry Christmas.

"Merry Christmas from the penguins!", he proudly says. :roll:

***weird***

ps. I bet it took him at least an hour to lovingly arrange each penguin around that tree to produce the perfect picture for all of the Arndt fans (both of them) to enjoy.

IMG_20131209_234657.jpg

jiFfM.jpg

What the hell did their parents do to them to make them all 8 year olds in adult bodies. I hope Michelle Duggar doesn't learn their secret or poor Josie will never ever be allowed to grow up.

Look up, "Mary-Elizabeth Drops Benji the Penguin". (It's an absolutely thrilling moment in Arndt family history...)

Penguins are a family thing?

That's a ton of penguins. Are they all the little girl's, or do the boys keep their toys from childhood (*cough* adulthood for them I guess)? I know that they still play with legos and things.

Also reminds me of the picture of the little Arndt girl with the penguin in her hoodie where she look like she's about 8 years old.

What was the process that the Arndt's went through to infantalize their children in this way?

It's like a Hitchcock movie. In any other context, there would be nothing wrong with a picture of a family's stuffed animals around a Christmas tree, but the Arndts somehow manage to make it sad and horrifying.

It's like a Hitchcock movie. In any other context, there would be nothing wrong with a picture of a family's stuffed animals around a Christmas tree, but the Arndts somehow manage to make it sad and horrifying.

This could be their next project after the never-ending Vine Valley--a snow-bound version of The Birds. The ducks could have a cameo.

Being childlike and playing with stuffed penguins is easier for them to deal with than a girlfriend, a real job, real friends and a real life.

In a couple of weeks Seth will be doing his birthday dance and song in mom and dad's bedroom prior to getting his cake. They'll post it up on their site so we can all share his big day. :lol:

Are there any geneticists or endocrinologists or pediatricians on this list?

I'm beginning to wonder whether the Arndt kids, er, offspring have some kind of hereditary disorder that has kept them from developing normally. Obv. not Klinefelter's or Turner's syndrome, but something that would affect both males and females. And something so rare that even google doesn't know about it. :)

Maybe it's just easier for me to look at them and say that nature, not nurture, is responsible for their arrested development.

Still, with so many kids, if that were the case you would think at least some of them would be normal.

Yeah, I had to laugh at the picture, because I have a huge penguin collection and my mom uses them to decorate for Christmas :lol: But my parents aren't trying to keep us childlike or anything. I've moved out, my brother is applying for college away from home, etc.

Maybe when I visit for Christmas I will get a picture and upload it here, because I think I have more penguins than the Arndt boys!

I'm beginning to wonder whether the Arndt kids, er, offspring have some kind of hereditary disorder that has kept them from developing normally. Obv. not Klinefelter's or Turner's syndrome, but something that would affect both males and females. And something so rare that even google doesn't know about it. :)

Maybe it's just easier for me to look at them and say that nature, not nurture, is responsible for their arrested development.

Still, with so many kids, if that were the case you would think at least some of them would be normal.

Stockholm syndrome.

There's no way every one of those adults was born with some syndrome that is preventing them from growing up and leaving. With the exception of Wizzie, they all look hale, hearty and well-nourished. But somehow they have been brainwashed into believing that staying with the FAM is far safer and therefore far superior to moving on with their own lives. The older ones are so well trained that that Mommy and Daddy can trust them to return after their worldly jaunts. Like the kidnap victim who's allowed to play with kids in the neighborhood but never tells anyone who he really is.

The actual techniques used in this process remain a mystery because, despite their apparent openness with the blogging and the TV show, we really know very little about their home life. Best guess is that everything we see is carefully filtered by Daddy. And that the brainwashing itself started when the kids were very young.

We have penguins...

:penguin-no:

:wink-penguin:

There were penguins in The Man Who Came to Dinner where Admiral Byrd sent Sheridan Whiteside some penguins from Antarctica for Christmas. The birds just added to the chaos of the Stanley household that occurs when Sherry gets injured and has to stay over during Christmas.

PennySycamore, that scene was lamentably absent from the original stage version.

Someone who follows the Arndts more than I do will have to tell me: I know all these guys still live at home and seem totally uninterested in moving out or having a romantic relationship, but do they have jobs? Have any of them gone to university or college or done an apprenticeship or anything? I mean, what do they DO besides play with toys?

I just find it so incredibly bizarre that out of ALL of these men, not a single one has broken away and done his own thing. Not. One. I only have one sister, and we're vastly different people who have chosen different paths in life. How can so many adults live exactly the same life, especially when it's such a strange and seemingly unnatural one? It's weird, but the Arndts are the fundies who disturb me the most because of this.

Someone who follows the Arndts more than I do will have to tell me: I know all these guys still live at home and seem totally uninterested in moving out or having a romantic relationship, but do they have jobs? Have any of them gone to university or college or done an apprenticeship or anything? I mean, what do they DO besides play with toys?

I just find it so incredibly bizarre that out of ALL of these men, not a single one has broken away and done his own thing. Not. One. I only have one sister, and we're vastly different people who have chosen different paths in life. How can so many adults live exactly the same life, especially when it's such a strange and seemingly unnatural one? It's weird, but the Arndts are the fundies who disturb me the most because of this.

Me too. Even the Staddon family has had one get married and move away.

I watched many of their videos when I was out on disability for several weeks last year.

The older sons work in a few family run businesses. Court reporting (which was apparently Daddy's actual job before he wandered off into Vine Valley leaving all the heavy lifting to his sons), wedding photography and computer repairs. The middle sons who have graduated from the dining room table seem to do most of the work around the house.

Aside from a brief time a few spent in Catholic schools, none of them have attended courses outside the home. They express no interest in college or trade schools. In the past a couple of them, Luke and Mark in particular, have waxed about their ideal women, but it's all fantasy stuff and we've never been privy to any actual attempts to court (and their parents believe in courting, not dating).

Never has a son talked on video or on the blog about moving out. Daddy said once that he bought the large piece of land they live on because he envisioned his sons building houses for their brides on the property so they could remain together as family. The Lord, however, has not yet opted to send any in their general direction.

As they watch TV, go to Christian rock concerts and pro sporting events, attend a co-ed gym and sometimes travel far from home in small groups (and even sometimes on their own), there has to be some longing on the part of at least a few of them to join the rest of the world. But somehow they are able to suppress it and remain smiley, happy, cheerful virgin men who play with fake penguins and real ducks and immensely enjoy having and filming endless ping pong tournaments in their parents' basement.

It's extraordinary. No other word for it.

Yes, they have jobs. Some of the older ones are certified court reporters (and Seth is learning the trade, I believe), several are wedding/engagement/special occasion photographers/videographers and appear to have plenty of business, and I think a couple have a computer repair business. One of them (James?) does lots of handyman jobs around the house/garden.

Giving credit where credit's due, the older Arndts do actually seem to work pretty hard (though they post more about what they do in their leisure time), and presumably must be at least decent at their jobs otherwise they wouldn't attract the business they get.

Yes, they have jobs. Some of the older ones are certified court reporters (and Seth is learning the trade, I believe), several are wedding/engagement/special occasion photographers/videographers and appear to have plenty of business, and I think a couple have a computer repair business. One of them (James?) does lots of handyman jobs around the house/garden.

Giving credit where credit's due, the older Arndts do actually seem to work pretty hard (though they post more about what they do in their leisure time), and presumably must be at least decent at their jobs otherwise they wouldn't attract the business they get.

I am dying to hear from one of their coworkers about what it's like working with them. Do they chit chat at the water cooler? Show up with cookies (made by Mama Arndt) at the holiday office party? Go out with the other young workers to happy hour after a particularly grueling day? I would just love to see how they interact with others, if they do at all.

Unlike the Maxwells, they are not anti-social, but actually quite gregarious and friendly. They live in the Midwest, so there must be other fairly conservative Christians at their work places. I just don't understand how the Arndts' widely disparate home and work lives come together.

I am dying to hear from one of their coworkers about what it's like working with them. Do they chit chat at the water cooler? Show up with cookies (made by Mama Arndt) at the holiday office party? Go out with the other young workers to happy hour after a particularly grueling day? I would just love to see how they interact with others, if they do at all.

Unlike the Maxwells, they are not anti-social, but actually quite gregarious and friendly. They live in the Midwest, so there must be other fairly conservative Christians at their work places. I just don't understand how the Arndts' widely disparate home and work lives come together.

They don't have co-workers. They work as independent contractors. They do associate with other people, of course, but it's probably mostly one-off situations. And even if they are used by the some of the same attorneys for depositions or trials, court reporters don't do much chit-chatting with anyone at legal proceedings.

No doubt all part of Daddy's plan.

Were you around for the discussions about Hephzibah House a couple of years ago? That place was (and still is, since it's still operating but under a different name) a complete hell hole where good Christians ritually abused vulnerable teenage girls in as many ways as they could think of. One of the stranger things about the place was that nearly every girl ceased menstruation as soon as she became a boarder. One of the theories that has been floated, and has a fair bit of support from survivours (for a number of reasons), is that there was something 'funny' about the powdered milk.

I am semi-seriously suggesting the Arndt family gets their powdered milk from the same factory.

uber frau, "something in the milk (ain't clean)" has certainly come to mind.

We've heard that Kathy comes from money, and my guess is that she and Rick are both very Strong-willed individuals who have structured their lives so that she can stay home and he can work the hours he wants -- leaving them plenty of time to mold the boys to their ideas of right living.

Thing is, while the family are creepy to me, they worry me the least of any of those we follow here. Their lifestyle is so extreme, and Rick and Kathy so unrelatable, and the boys (men) so strange that I can't imagine anyoe waning to emulate them.

I always go back to the Servens, my gateway dominionists. They had a talented PR person and blogger in Rebecca and they showed appealing facets of moving to the Midwest, making a community, and eventually marrying off the older girls and a couple of boys. People admire them -- and their nasty Dominionist agenda by association.

The Arndts are not at all appealing nor attractive - it's just unnatural to have that many 20- & 30-somethings placidly single & living at home with minimal reported informal social events - but even if they were, at least they don't appear to be doms nor to run with the dogs of dominion (Brown, Baucham, Swanson). Yeah, the 13 kids have weird futures ahead of them, but they don't seem at all inclined to drag the US government into some equivalent of fundamentalist religious law.

Okay, about stuffed animals and adults....

My husband loves stuffed animals. We've had several we've collected over the years, and while they are now theoretically our son's, my husband still loves the animals and takes the animals to bed.

He's got a master's degree, works IRL with co-workers and everything, he's obviously married to me and we have a kid.

It's possible to like stuff-animals (DH prefers whales, for some reason, so they are sort of his penguins) and still be a normal adult.

It's pretty telling that they named their ministry SAFE AT HOME. They obviously think the world is a big, bad, scary place, and infantilizing their children was one way to keep them safe at home.

Archived