IGNORED

Man sues and divorces wife because kids are ugly

Chowder Head

Kinda revealed his inner beauty, too.

Adam Sandler married a model. One of his daughters looks like him, and the other like her mother. I can't imagine they are not both equally adored.

Tori Spelling also had lots of plastic surgery, and all of her kids look like their dad, but none are unattractive. I do believe in this case, the mother was quite unattractive before the plastic surgery and was very attractive afterwards, and the kids did all look like her pre-plastic surgery. What enrages me is that the father can't see past this and love the children. Even if she did lie about it, children are more than their appearance. I hope these kids grow up to be successful, loving adults who leave their father in the dust.

snopes thinks this may be false so who knows. but Why would he worry girl children are not important in china.

doggie, this is such crap.

The girls aren't important in china narrative is up there with muslium women are hopelessly oppressed, asian women are submissive and western women are sluts that don't care for their families.

Quelle surpris! cultural norms in different cultures are different!

yes, there is a son preference amongst many families in china (and india, and korea and the mid east and ....)

yes, more girls than boys are/were left in orphanages.

but that girls aren't important? crap.

you don't need a large % of families selecting for males for birth rates to be skewed

And the idea that [most] families with daughters don't love and cherish and do everything for their daughters, because they're "not important", is just.not.true.

like everywhere, there are assholes in china.

like everywhere, there tends to be some behaviours that give rise to stereotypes.

like everywhere, stereotypes tend to pick the 'most extreme' and extrapolate to 'standard behaviour' in x place or culture.

this whole "bad to be a woman in china" - sure, it's bad to be a woman most places in the world. it doesn't mean that most women (by any means) are having a bad time. ditto on the daughters not being important. that some families in china don't value daughters doesn't mean that most families don't.

doggie, this is such crap.

The girls aren't important in china narrative is up there with muslium women are hopelessly oppressed, asian women are submissive and western women are sluts that don't care for their families.

Quelle surpris! cultural norms in different cultures are different!

yes, there is a son preference amongst many families in china (and india, and korea and the mid east and ....)

yes, more girls than boys are/were left in orphanages.

but that girls aren't important? crap.

you don't need a large % of families selecting for males for birth rates to be skewed

And the idea that [most] families with daughters don't love and cherish and do everything for their daughters, because they're "not important", is just.not.true.

like everywhere, there are assholes in china.

like everywhere, there tends to be some behaviours that give rise to stereotypes.

like everywhere, stereotypes tend to pick the 'most extreme' and extrapolate to 'standard behaviour' in x place or culture.

this whole "bad to be a woman in china" - sure, it's bad to be a woman most places in the world. it doesn't mean that most women (by any means) are having a bad time. ditto on the daughters not being important. that some families in china don't value daughters doesn't mean that most families don't.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am not agreeing with it but there has been a lot of aborting of female fetus's and a real lack of brides for all of the men. Quite a bit if this is due to the one child policy. This picture may be proof this is not real since they have three children.

My husband told me about this story a couple days ago. I'm glad to see that it's likely not true!

I'm inclined to think it is not true because I read a similar story months, if not years back somewhere online, I suppose it's simply a new urban myth in the making.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just want to add my :clap: . I have doggie on ignore so I don't have to see a lot of his crap but you did an excellent rebuttal of his idiotic comment, jaelh. :clap:

Archived