IGNORED

working mothers are horrible!!!

discordia

Are you a working mom? Well you are horrible and DOOOMING your child!! DOOM!

Shit like this is so wide spread and does nothing but pit women against each other. There is absolutely no evidence that children of working mothers are not well adjusted...this is just trying to make other women feel bad

whyiamnotafeminist.com/2013/09/30/does-anyone-care-how-the-children-of-working-mothers-feel/

Also there are apparently Traditional Women's rights activist who want women back in the 1800s

secularpatriarchy.wordpress.com/category/traditional-womens-rights-activist/

Thankfully this one doesn't seem to get that much traction

OMG...I didn't realise....fuck...I'd better quit work.

On a serious not, seriously...being a SAHM doesn't work for everyone. Certainly didn't for me and my children are much better off for me being at work...even if they were being cared for/educated by ebil childcare works who were STRANGERS!

They had fun, played learnt things. I was CRAP SAHM.

Now they are at school, with kids from every walk of life there's no freakin difference. If they'd stayed at home with my they probably would have been WAY behind in their schooling.

Not saying all SAHM's are crap...just me personally. I really admire all women who chose what works for THEM and their families, not was is socially acceptable.

But what do I know...I'm an ebil working mum..lets all revert to the dark ages because everything was SOOOOOO much better back then.

ETA because I need to proof read my posts.

My mother worked outside the home until I was eight. And while there were undoubtedly some tears on my end, as I recall it now, I had some damn fun times being cared for by other people. My babysitter's mother would give me Cracker Jack if I were good all day! The Montessori school had a swimming pool! We got to play Red Rover at the day care center! (A game which as far as I can tell either never made it to Colorado or has been suppressed by the anti-fun forces).

I am also the only one of my siblings who was not raised by a full-time SAHM, since it became not cost-effective after she had my brother. I'm at least as well adjusted as they are. Very small sample size, but there you go.

Apparently quite a few of her commenters feel the same way.

My mom was a SAHM until I was twelve when she returned to school for a nursing degree. I became a latchkey kid but actually didn't mind having some alone time before she came home from class. She started fulltime work when I was 17. But I suspected even as a kid that she wasn't all that happy staying at home but she did it because it was not only typical at the time but there weren't any daycare options in the the day as well.

Archived