IGNORED

Judgybitch

Angharad Crewe

Yeah, I think someone isn't as happy and fulfilled as they claim they claim to be. You seem to be looking for a fight from me, an online stranger who already apologized and explained that there was NO attack on you whatsoever. Maybe you want to see an attack for some reason or feel the need to justify your decisions? You don't. At least, not to me!

You can try to twist my words in any manner you choose - I never put down anyone for being a working, work at home, or stay at home mom. Again:

"I think that whatever works best for ones particular situation is the route one should take. We aren't all supposed to take the same path."

I'm sorry if my quotation marks frightened you and you found them scary. I used them when I said "wanted more" because while you (and lots and lots of others!!) DO want more, I didn't want to insinuate that motherhood leaves something to be desired in everyone. So "wanting more" was in quotes so as to make it ambiguous. Some people don't need MORE or some people are chock full of MORE and simply don't want anything else.

Don't let punctuation get you upset. I definitely didn't use quotes as some sort of passive-aggressive pit-down. I really think you're reading waaaaaaaay too far between the lines.

And again, the general tone of your message tells me you think very little of SAHM and feel that those of is that are fulfilled by our role must be cheapening ourselves or that we don't have goals or dreams. How terrible!! That is certainly not the case.

I am no longer participating in this "conversation" (that's in quotes since this is typed text on a bbs and not you and I speaking face to face -- don't be scared) - you are twisting what I said into something totally different and continuing to put down SAHMs, insisting that since you weren't fulfilled, surely no one else can be.

I hope your day improves! :)

Oh dear. I posted that link to talk more about judgybitch's judgy and bitchy attitude and what looks like straw men arguments, not to get into a fight about moms! lol

Yowza. Maybe sometimes a quotation mark is just a quotation mark and not code for "I am judging you you horrible monster you"?

I can only speak from where I can see, but as a woman whose career goals were wife-and-motherhood, I felt intense pressure as a child and a young woman that those dreams were not good enough. It is a type of oppression against women and their choices. And sometimes, women who feel that pressure feel that we need to speak out about how happy and fulfilled we are in our lives in order to show that we ARE living out our dreams and our choices. And it seems like every damn time I've seen a woman speak out that way, another woman who has made different, equally valid choices comes along screaming about how Woman 1 is judging her choices to be a working mother, not have children, etc.

I know there are plenty of men and women out there (especially fundies) who DO judge working moms or childless/free women, but can we please save the wrath and condemnation for the ones who are actively judging? You can't judge someone just by living and enjoying a life that's different than theirs.

Yowza. Maybe sometimes a quotation mark is just a quotation mark and not code for "I am judging you you horrible monster you"?

I can only speak from where I can see, but as a woman whose career goals were wife-and-motherhood, I felt intense pressure as a child and a young woman that those dreams were not good enough. It is a type of oppression against women and their choices. And sometimes, women who feel that pressure feel that we need to speak out about how happy and fulfilled we are in our lives in order to show that we ARE living out our dreams and our choices. And it seems like every damn time I've seen a woman speak out that way, another woman who has made different, equally valid choices comes along screaming about how Woman 1 is judging her choices to be a working mother, not have children, etc.

I know there are plenty of men and women out there (especially fundies) who DO judge working moms or childless/free women, but can we please save the wrath and condemnation for the ones who are actively judging? You can't judge someone just by living and enjoying a life that's different than theirs.

And :clap: :clap: :clap: thank you.

Everyone wants to talk about how demeaning and degrading the fundies are to working moms, but it's very obvious that the same can be said about working moms towards we SAHMs. I never berated or belittled anyone's personal choice and am a firm believer that not all of us fit the same mould. What's the saying - different strokes for different folks?

Oh dear. I posted that link to talk more about judgybitch's judgy and bitchy attitude and what looks like straw men arguments, not to get into a fight about moms! lol

Welcome, antares. Things like this happen in a lot of threads. This argument isn't you're fault, and it happens. Please stay and participate. :)

Yeah, at first I thought this was about the post but it is really supposed to be about the blog, huh? :shock:

Haha maybe we should get on topic :p

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

I hope you're not looking for a board that is a bastion of on-topic-ness because, uh, we're really bad at that here. :D

Welcome!

Haha, yes... on-topic is a bit of a fluid definition at FJ. That RR thread this summer that turned into an IBS symptom discussion? :) Welcome antares, sorry for contributing to your thread derail. :)

Most boards have rules that encourage members to stay on topic, and when those venture too far off base they are locked. For some reason, this is not the case here. Feel free to discuss health issues, nail polish, fashion, animals, or basically any topic of your choosing in any thread you wish. Welcome to FJ!

Woo is a paleo blogger, and she thinks judgybitch is an idiot. It's not because she would think like a lot of you guys though. Like the manosphere, Woo takes evolution theory seriously, she just has a different take on it.

Check out Liam's comments on Vox Day at the bottom the the comment box. Vox Day is appearently a genius and right, and can school various renowned scholar. I am very intimidated by Vox since he is smarter than me and is actually right, instead of being a raving lunatic. At least Woo dosen't like him.

From Liam:

Your going the name calling/shaming route......meh

Your jumping to conclusions to quickly without reading what he's getting at. A bit to much s/f lately but you'd be hard pressed to disagree with anything he says, he's had many a debate with various renowned atheist/biologists/geneticist/economists and he's wiped the floor with them all. The dude knows his shit in a big way.

Check out his vibrancy tab, on the left. I completely agree with what he says and he's 1 of the few people with the balls to point this shit out, and not scared of the big bad racist stick ignorant people love chucking around.

Errrr give

itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-non-existant-god-judgybitch-is.html

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for another one guys, but have we discussed darling doll? She's another antifeminist lady, whose motto is "fighting for my femininity in a feminist world." :p anyway her writing style is less bitchy thst judgybitch, and she even tells of 'having feminist friends and living them no death.'

I'm pretty fascinated by antifeminist women. I'm pretty young so I think a part of me is afraid of mras and anti feminists to be honest. The fear of losing my rights, of becoming cynical, of being unable to determine my own choices. I'm too self conscious about bring judged for my choices and reading the manosphere has made it worse.

Plus reading 'manosphere' just makes you sooo cynical. It's like these people want to drag others down with them or something. One of my fears is that this will become more common.

Darlingdoll82.wordpress.com

What do you think?

• 1 month later...

Judgy Bitch takes a brief reprieve from her from her studies to show her support for Michelle Obama.

judgybitch.com/2013/12/04/michelle-obama-is-a-feminist-nightmare-youre-goddamn-right-she-is/#comments

Of course, JB's post isn't so much support for our first lady and the President (for instance, she refers to President Obama as Barry :roll: ). It's just another hate rant on feminism.

Aww, Judgy, never change. You're just so snark-worthy.

Archived