IGNORED

Barilla Pasta bans gays from its ads.

NotALoserLikeYou

news.yahoo.com/italian-pasta-barons-anti-gay-prompts-boycott-call-152312451--finance.html

Quote:

I would never do (a commercial) with a homosexual family, not for lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role," Barilla, 55, said in an interview with Radio 24 on Wednesday.

Damn. I hate hate. Oh well, there are tons of other options for pasta, it's not hard to not buy Barilla.

Barilla, dude. I will never buy your products again. Not for lack of respect (no condescension there...) but because I don't agree with you.

"Where the woman plays a fundamental role?" Well, in my "homosexual family" we both play a fundamental role, so arguably... :D

Damn. Barilla is the only brand I can find locally that has the pipette shape I use for mac and cheese. Eh, I can live without it. Buh bye, Barilla.

Homophobic and sexist. Good thing I just buy GV brand. Thanks for reminding me to never buy their product until they stop demeaning other people.

Welp, they just lost a loyal customer. I love(d) their pasta and they just lost a lifetime's worth of profits from me.

Anyway, does anyone know any good other pasta brands?

You'd think at this point in time they'd be learning to keep their mouths shut.

The apology he issued was even worse. He doesn't believe in gays adopting of course, but they should be able to get married. However they cant be in commercials because its the WOMAN who must cook. That's all he was trying to say @@

I don't think I've ever bought Barilla (and the only pasta I can eat these days is Dreamfields, alas), but I'm sure I'll never buy it now.

The Barilla US facebook page posted this:

At Barilla, we consider it our mission to treat our consumers and partners as our neighbors – with love and respect – and to deliver the very best products possible. We take this responsibility seriously and consider it a core part of who we are as a family-owned company. While we can’t undo recent remarks, we can apologize. To all of our friends, family, employees, and partners that we have hurt or offended, we are deeply sorry.

That alone won't get me buying their products, but it's an interesting departure from the chairman's comments and non-apologies.

The apology he issued was even worse. He doesn't believe in gays adopting of course, but they should be able to get married. However they cant be in commercials because its the WOMAN who must cook. That's all he was trying to say @@

I'll have to tell my husband that. He thinks that the sauce I make is shit. Apparently, all those great chef's are doing it wrong also. (or do they have a woman chained to the stove in back).

I love Barilla plus but can go without it.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. I have the right to purchase the cheapest pasta on sale.

I might or might not use up that Barilla pasta I bought, but that's it. I'll buy another brand or make my own. I do need to start using that pasta machine I've got.

The Barilla US facebook page posted this:

That alone won't get me buying their products, but it's an interesting departure from the chairman's comments and non-apologies.

That sounds far more genuine than the chairperson's "Oh, shit, people are mad at me so I should say something that sounds PC in order to keep them buying Barilla" faux-pology. Still, bye bye Barilla.

Just saw this retweeted on the Twitter: @ronzonipasta Just like pasta, we believe families come in all different shapes, sizes, colors & orientations. Our pasta is for all.

Signor Barilla, you shot your fine company in the foot today. Not cool.

What a sexist bigot!

This will be an easy boycott for me -- I'm trying not to eat much starch anyway, and the generic whole wheat pasta at the supermarket is very good.

Archived