IGNORED

New Satanic Panic?

lilwriter85

The Atheist Resource page on FB posted this link to a crazy article about a woman talking about satanism and vampires in Asheville, NC. She talks about goth crimes and other stuff and has anyone heard about this, is this new satanic panic.

beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/07/satanism-in-america-today-asheville-nc-2719802.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard vague grumblings about Satanism and [insert fashion/entertainment from 5-10 years ago] since the first Satanic Panic. Looks like the fundies just figured out Twilight exists.

Whow! Just read the article... the 1980s called, they want their hysteria back ^^

Plus, really excited about the idea of a Satanic Picnic, I´d bring the demonized red liquor!

Btw, the photo of the girl with the turned-around cross shave in her hair, that´s Manuela Ruda from Witten, Germany. The photo is from her trial in 2001.

Her husband and she, 2 complete whackjobs, killed a guy while complete wasted and claimed "Satan told them" - it´was like a outdated aftermath of the satanic/evil goths hysterial from the 80-90s. I was a teen back then and the whole case was a bit of a hot topic in our youth magazines.

Both were convicted and still serve time (obviously).

Yeah, it's been a generation now, so it's time to dredge up Satanic Panic yet again. Don't let your children out of your sight, lest one of Satan's evangelists prey upon them and convert them to the dark side!

Which brings up another point: Suppose you've carefully raised your child to be a God-following, Jesus-loving Christian. What would lead you to believe that a brief encounter with a Satan-worshipper would cause your well-brought-up child to go astray so quickly?

True example: I was brought up to not use illegal drugs. I had lots of opportunities to do so anyway, but the arguments against them made sense, so I never used illegal drugs.

Is the bond to Jesus, church, and family so very fragile that any exposure whatsoever will dissolve it? I don't get it.

Whow! Just read the article... the 1980s called, they want their hysteria back ^^

Plus, really excited about the idea of a Satanic Picnic, I´d bring the demonized red liquor!

Btw, the photo of the girl with the turned-around cross shave in her hair, that´s Manuela Ruda from Witten, Germany. The photo is from her trial in 2001.

Her husband and she, 2 complete whackjobs, killed a guy while complete wasted and claimed "Satan told them" - it´was like a outdated aftermath of the satanic/evil goths hysterial from the 80-90s. I was a teen back then and the whole case was a bit of a hot topic in our youth magazines.

Both were convicted and still serve time (obviously).

I will bring the devil's food cake, my personal favorite.

Plus, really excited about the idea of a Satanic Picnic, I´d bring the demonized red liquor!.

Ooh, can we have devilled eggs, too? And lots of phallic food. I'll bring the cucumber.

I will bring the devil's food cake, my personal favorite.

Drat, you beat me to it! :drool:

I read the title as "New Satanic PICNIC". I was all excited. I was going to bring the devilled eggs.

And here I thought it was about a new Of Montreal album. Alas.

Aw, that sounds so yummy already - I will also bake some Krampusse for brioché .

Just a couple of weeks and the Perchtenläufe will start (yayfavoritetimmeoftheyear!) - that might be a good date for our picnic :-D

(The "journalist" would probably piss her pants though, lol)

So how about themed colours, black and red :clap:

Ooh, if there's a picnic, I've got a great shrimp Fra Diavolo! :twisted:

Seriously, what a stroll down the memory lane of the satanic conspiricies of my youth.

Edited, because I really can spell...

Such articles bring out the devil in me - I'd really like to write a "testimony" or two how I escaped Satanism/Wicca etc. and see if they would accept it and how viral it would go in the Fundie-community. I think it would be great fun and not too difficult if first sex and then Jesus are mixed in in equal quantities.

Yeah, it's been a generation now, so it's time to dredge up Satanic Panic yet again. Don't let your children out of your sight, lest one of Satan's evangelists prey upon them and convert them to the dark side!

Which brings up another point: Suppose you've carefully raised your child to be a God-following, Jesus-loving Christian. What would lead you to believe that a brief encounter with a Satan-worshipper would cause your well-brought-up child to go astray so quickly?

True example: I was brought up to not use illegal drugs. I had lots of opportunities to do so anyway, but the arguments against them made sense, so I never used illegal drugs.

Is the bond to Jesus, church, and family so very fragile that any exposure whatsoever will dissolve it? I don't get it.

Yes, this times a millionty. Why are they so scared of their kids even being exposed to different things? If their faith is so strong, surely it should take more than being exposed to something to make devils of their angels?

I'm only bringing myself to the picnic since cooking isn't my strongest talent. I'll dress my dogs up like little devil. Or I could just bring the cats since I'm fairly sure they can cast an evil eye.

I'm only bringing myself to the picnic since cooking isn't my strongest talent. I'll dress my dogs up like little devil. Or I could just bring the cats since I'm fairly sure they can cast an evil eye.

We could always put you in charge of the kitchen appliance weddings. My microwave is single and looking, for everyone's information.

Such articles bring out the devil in me - I'd really like to write a "testimony" or two how I escaped Satanism/Wicca etc. and see if they would accept it and how viral it would go in the Fundie-community. I think it would be great fun and not too difficult if first sex and then Jesus are mixed in in equal quantities.

Do it!!!

"Satanic Panic" sounds like a new dance craze.

Do the Satanic Panic, everybody!

It sounds like a great band name that would have given the PMRC people the vapors back in the '80s!

Along with AC/DC (Against Christ/Devil's Children!!!!!!!!), we need to invite KISS (Knights in Satan's Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to the party!

I'm only coming if you have the technology to play the songs backwards. How is any self respecting Satanist supposed to party without a spooky sounding voice telling us to worship the devil and smoke marijuana?

I read the title as "New Satanic PICNIC". I was all excited. I was going to bring the devilled eggs.

There will be no Twinkies at this picnic -- I'm bringing Devil Dogs!

I'll supply music for the picnic. Play list so far:

Hell's Bells (Judas Priest)

Highway to Hell (AC/DC)

Devil Went Down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels' Band)

The Devil Is Me (KISS)

The Number of the Beast (Iron Maiden)

The Devil In Her Heart (The Beatles)

Devil's Dance (Metallica)

Christmas With The Devil (Spinal Tap)

Friend Of The Devil (Grateful Dead)

Shout At The Devil (Motley Crue)

Devil's Food' / 'Black Widow' (Alice Cooper)

Runnin' With The Devil (Van Halen)

Sympathy For The Devil (The Rolling Stones)

No Devil's Child (Judas Priest)

A Touch of Evil (Judas Priest)

Sinner (Judas Priest)

Devil in Disguise (Elvis Presley)

Archived