IGNORED

Teen Exorcists: Programme on BBC iPlayer

ladyaudley

Just discovered this gem on the iPlayer: a one-hour documentary about Bob Larson's daughter and two of her friends, photogenic all-American teenage exorcists on a trip to "a city they consider one of the most satanic in the world: London!"

I shall report; has anyone seen it yet?

It *is* weird. Just to see these girls, who look like perfectly normal kids, spout stuff like "The spells and things that you're reading in the Harry Potter books, those aren't made up. Those are real and magic is bad because you're getting your power from Satan."

on a more shallow note, Brynne Larson is mindbogglingly beautiful

EDIT:

and then they love a 1000 year old church until they see the signs of the zodiac on the ceiling. The reverend for it puts it quite well when he calls it "the kind of Christianity that is all mixed up with the occult".

The girls are shocked at a shop offering psychic workshops for teenagers, call Isis Jezebel and are saying "these people are targeting teenagers, so our work is even more important." Battle of the occult!!

I find it hard to tell how much they believe it and how much at least Brynne sees it as a money making opportunity.

this poor woman who thinks she's been cursed by black magic is asked to fork out 200 quid for a private session, they talk at her and Brynne seems really surprised when she doesn't start gurgling and snarling at her. The woman just starts crying and thinks it hasn't worked because she's not reacting like the people on youtube. Bob tries to salvage the situation by saying not everyone reacts the same and when he tells the demons to go, they gom and she should just believe. She doesn't think it worked at all. I feel so sorry for her.

So she goes to their dog and pony show and others are screaming and frothing (although it just seems badly acted to me) and she is so crestfallen :( and clearly has some sort of issue gnawing at her. This thing isn't going to help her. Ugh, such exploitation of the vulnerable. At least she didn't pay the 200 pounds ^^

I just finished watching it. It is very similar to a lot of other documentaries - reminded me a lot of another I'd seen before about a faith healer. Would have been interesting to see more views of people who had been 'exorcised' to see if they really had a lasting effect (I'm not saying they are truly casting out demons but psychology and placebo effect could have a role).

Odd thing to train teenagers to do...

Also am glad that Emma who felt she was not 'cured' did not give a donation!

Archived