IGNORED

Left Behind remake? Why?

kpmom

I don't know if this is old news, but I just learned the movie Left Behind is being remade.

Nicholas Cage is in the Kirk Cameron role. Famous Olympian and virgin, Lo Lo Jones has a small role.

Is Hollywood out of ideas? Why would they remake this piece of crap?

Is Nicholas Cage a Christian, or just desperate for a job?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Jerry Jenkins and Tim Lahaye who have been calling for a remake for years...

They didn't like the way the old movies were done, so they sued. It just took them this long to get the rights back. Or something like that../

I must watch this. The orginal movie was terrible, and Nic Cage can elevate anything terrible into a new strata of terrible. For me, watching "The Wicker Man" with a pint of Ben and Jerry's is the height of decadence.

Bring more bad actors in! Eddie Murphy? Steven Segal?

I really like this article about the movie, in which the blogger shows how Bad Theology leads to Bad Acting.

patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2008/12/01/lbtm-growing-pains/

The reason behind the remake is simple. Money. Fundies and fundie lites are fascinated with anything that has to do with END TIMES and will go to the movie in droves, thereby making piles of money for the producers.

The most hilarious moment for me in the original movie was at the beginning, when they show a shot of tanks rolling over barren desert with the title card "Israel-Syria Border." I've been at that border. It's full of lush, green hills.

I nominate Chuck Norris and Kristen Stewart, if there's room for people who have no facial expressions at all. Even more obscure, but Mckenzie Rosman (Ruthie on 7th Heaven) might be available, if Ghost Shark is done filming. If she's doing SyFy Originals, she probably isn't too picky.

It could hit a whole new level of B-Movie-ness, even more than the SyFy Originals. I really wish MST3K would come back, there are so many crap movies to make fun of now.

Poor Kirk Cameron.

That's one claim to fame gone!

Maybe Nicolas Cage can remake all his movies. I think he'd be great in Fireproof :lol:

Poor Kirk Cameron.

That's one claim to fame gone!

Maybe Nicolas Cage can remake all his movies. I think he'd be great in Fireproof :lol:

I thought about that too. Don't worry about Kirk. He's still got his "FB banned" movie coming out. He's sort of a nut, but a media whore nut who thinks he's important and still relevant. Fear not Kirk fans: as long as there is a Chic-fil-a in operation, he has a good chance of finding employment if finances get tough :lol:

Oh my god, has the Left Behind craze not died yet! Those books were so horrible, the movie even worse, it needs to just go away and be forgotten about.

Oh my god, has the Left Behind craze not died yet! Those books were so horrible, the movie even worse, it needs to just go away and be forgotten about.

I think at last count, there were at least 25 copies of the book at the Goodwill near my house.

Hoo, Boy do I ever hate Nicholas Cage. That phony, dramatic voice. Ack! This will be AWESOME. I think I might actually pay money to see it, just for the snark possibilities.

Hoo, Boy do I ever hate Nicholas Cage. That phony, dramatic voice. Ack! This will be AWESOME. I think I might actually pay money to see it, just for the snark possibilities.

Would y'all snark on me if I admitted I liked him in Moonstruck? :embarrassed:

Would y'all snark on me if I admitted I liked him in Moonstruck? :embarrassed:

It's okay. That was a long, long time ago. I wouldn't date my high school boyfriend now, either.

I think at last count, there were at least 25 copies of the book at the Goodwill near my house.

That's also true about a local Goodwill, and there was even one of the Duggar books next to them.

They do seem to make up half the Goodwill book section. :lol: I was still a pretty devout Christian when the first book came out and I liked it, but the series went downhill so fast that I stopped reading after the third book. I wonder how much money they made from that series. I need to write some god awful shit and see if I can get rich on the Christian fiction market.

I have never seen the original, but Nicholas Cage must be more desperate than I thought.

This. And I'm never getting back the time I spent reading the first 4 (yeah...I'm an idiot, but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff). I finally gave up because the writing is something a marginally talented 12 year old could muster up, and the religious preachiness is just vomitudinous.

I need to write some god awful shit and see if I can get rich on the Christian fiction market.

Hey, it worked for Eric Cartman in the gospel music market. take secular song, sub Jesus for baby in the lyrics, make millions. There must be an equivalent formula for literature.

Archived