IGNORED

Left Behind remake? Why?

kpmom

I don't know if this is old news, but I just learned the movie Left Behind is being remade.

Nicholas Cage is in the Kirk Cameron role. Famous Olympian and virgin, Lo Lo Jones has a small role.

Is Hollywood out of ideas? Why would they remake this piece of crap?

Is Nicholas Cage a Christian, or just desperate for a job?

THE LORD is punishing the wicked, wicked unbelievers. Left Behind will be re-made over and over and over with an increasingly untalented cast (Tara Reid! Paris Hilton! Mario Lopez! David Hasselhoff!) until sinners repent and evil is wiped fom the face of the Earth.

Or until they run out of money.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got to be better than the original. I couldn't sleep one night and found it on TBN or some Christian channel.

I didn't see the ending, but it did cure my insomnia.

I admit I read all the books several years ago (yeah, I know, but I found them strangely entertaining).

Kirk Cameron is still a terrible actor.

Hey, it worked for Eric Cartman in the gospel music market. take secular song, sub Jesus for baby in the lyrics, make millions. There must be an equivalent formula for literature.

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the best episodes ever other than gay fish.

I think at last count, there were at least 25 copies of the book at the Goodwill near my house.

I volunteer with a local friends-of-the-library group, and we have a steady supply of Left Behind crap, both the regular and the kid version. If it's not in really, really good shape, I tend to recycle it (ditto for Twilight, but also for Harry Potter, because there are so darn many of them, it's not worth keeping the ones that are beat up). We are also inundated with those damn Chicken Soup books, which don't sell for beans, and Max Lucado must have a writing macro or something, the way he churns out books. You could build a house out of Chicken Soup books, I swear.

And, check your local theaters, because "Liberty University presents Unstoppable" is coming to a theater near you, with a live introduction by the one and only Kirk Cameron. The Facebook comments on that site are something else.

I will admit to watching Con Air on cable more than once, but I don't know why, and I did pay to see Sorcerer's Apprentice in the theaters, although not because of Nic Cage. But then I watched Tremors a lot in college, and have considered buying the DVD, so my movie selection criteria isn't exactly mainstream. :)

Have you guys seen this in the review? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

"Not the bees! My eyes! My eeeeeeeeeeyes!!" I don't imagine Nicholas Cage received many Oscar nominations for those parts. It's a wonder he hasn't sustained permanent vocal cord damage from all that emoting.

The only reason why I can't see him in a Left Behind re-make is that the plot doesn't have enough opportunities for screaming and writhing around shirtless. Aside from that, he does seem to share a similar level of acting skill to Kirk Cameron.

And, check your local theaters, because "Liberty University presents Unstoppable" is coming to a theater near you, with a live introduction by the one and only Kirk Cameron. The Facebook comments on that site are something else.

Oh, it's only playing in two theaters in my part of Ohio. Guess we're all a bunch of heathens in the blue county of Cuyahoga. Either that, or there are too many Catholics and Jews here for him :nenner:

Oh, one of those comments was something along the lines of "Oh Kirk, you're such a warrior for God, using your leadership this way!" Please, if he was truly a warrior for God, he'd be under a bridge helping to feed homeless people, not shilling his pathetic movie to feed his own ego.

Oh, it's only playing in two theaters in my part of Ohio. Guess we're all a bunch of heathens in the blue county of Cuyahoga. Either that, or there are too many Catholics and Jews here for him :nenner:

Oh, one of those comments was something along the lines of "Oh Kirk, you're such a warrior for God, using your leadership this way!" Please, if he was truly a warrior for God, he'd be under a bridge helping to feed homeless people, not shilling his pathetic movie to feed his own ego.

It's not playing anywhere around here. It must be a conspiracy by the evil, Christian-hating cinema owners and politicians to censor God's word. Maybe Kirk and his minions should be out picketing in front of the local multiplex.

The Left Behind books still have a following and they are still pushed on teens in some Christian circles. One of my close friends grew up in a conservative Lutheran household. As a teenager she and her siblings were given the Left Behind books. The only one who liked the books was with one of my friend's sisters. The said sister has become more conservative in the past several years. She mostly reads Christian books and she has used the books in church book clubs and youth groups that she leads.

It's not playing anywhere around here. It must be a conspiracy by the evil, Christian-hating cinema owners and politicians to censor God's word. Maybe Kirk and his minions should be out picketing in front of the local multiplex.

It's playing in not one, but two theaters in my town. :puke-front:

It's okay. That was a long, long time ago. I wouldn't date my high school boyfriend now, either.

He was pretty badass in ConAir. I think that's the only movie of his I like.

It's playing in not one, but two theaters in my town. :puke-front:

Ugh, there are like 7 different theaters within 30 miles of my zip code that will be playing it. Ironically, and amusingly, the theater that has a full food and bar service is one of them. So, at least you'd be able to order a couple of cocktails to dull the pain of sitting through the movie. Kirk is one of those "no alcohol, Jesus only drank grape juice" type of Christians right?

Everybody say it with me: NOT THE BEEEEEES! At any rate, this crap fest will be great fodder for Rifftrax! (Rifftrax is the new incarnation of Mystery Science Theater 3000, same guys.)

Everybody say it with me: NOT THE BEEEEEES! At any rate, this crap fest will be great fodder for Rifftrax! (Rifftrax is the new incarnation of Mystery Science Theater 3000, same guys.)

One of the local theaters that's showing this crap also occasionally does a live Rifftrax event (all organized by this Fathom Events company), so they're at least offering a wide range of stuff. Too bad they couldn't do Unstoppable and Rifftrax on the same night. ;) Fathom also has Bollywood movies and Met Opera events - I wish they'd do a Bollywood in our town.

Con Air was okay, and we did actually see Sorcerer's Apprentice in a theater. Those National Treasure movies, though, are like a low-rent US version of the Da Vinci Code or something.

But the old Carpathia was so gorgeous ! Just the evil in his dreamy eyes ;)

I haven't seen the movie, but he was the only interesting character in any of the Left Behind books I read.

In this case, it's a bug and not a feature. Epic author fail.

I haven't seen the movie, but he was the only interesting character in any of the Left Behind books I read.

In this case, it's a bug and not a feature. Epic author fail.

In the prequel books, it goes into a lot more detail about him :after being tempted by Satan in the desert, he gets back, takes some tests, and is in better physical condition than any Olympic athlete the doctor has ever seen. he's also scary smart (memorised an entire IQ test), has perfect vision and handsome to boot.

I think I'm a bit in love with him ;)

Jenkins and LaHaye, if people are crushing on the villain, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

There is a prequel?! How many books did they write?

Wikipedia says 16 adult books and 40 teen/young adult books in the series. Three prequels. Plus, no kidding, 5 graphic novels, 3 movies, 4 video games, and a CD of songs "inspired by" the series (and which includes at least 3 artists that my husband has listened to/owns CDs by).

Apparently there was a bit of controversy over violence in the video games. Wikipedia's quote: Representatives of the company have responded that the game's message is pacifist because shooting nonbelievers instead of converting them costs the player "spirit points", which can be recovered by pausing to pray.[39] The company also responded to these criticisms in an online newsletter,[40] stating, "There is no violence, only conflict," and, "The most successful way to fight, is through the means of spiritual warfare; PRAYER and WORSHIP. Soldiers and military weaponry are available, but once anyone plays the game, they’ll see how difficult it is to succeed by using these less effective means of warfare."

So shooting people is still pacifist, as long as they're unbelievers and you pray about it afterwards, and violence =/= conflict, and how the hell was the second movie #1 in sales on Amazon for two days?

I tried to read one of these books, but honestly. There are very few books that I haven't finished reading, and as I recall, this was one of them - right up there with Twilight, 50 Shades, and one Star Trek novel that got way to into the physics end of things and lost me.

In the prequel books, it goes into a lot more detail about him :after being tempted by Satan in the desert, he gets back, takes some tests, and is in better physical condition than any Olympic athlete the doctor has ever seen. he's also scary smart (memorised an entire IQ test), has perfect vision and handsome to boot.

I think I'm a bit in love with him ;)

Jenkins and LaHaye, if people are crushing on the villain, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

LOL!!!!! This.

I haven't read the prequels, but Carpathia was the only intriguing character among the sorry bunch of the four I read. I would have totally hit that. :lol: :lol:

Edited for clarity.

It was Jerry Jenkins and Tim Lahaye who have been calling for a remake for years...

They didn't like the way the old movies were done, so they sued. It just took them this long to get the rights back. Or something like that../

Whazza? A remake? Old movies? Didn't those terrible books come out in the '90s? Is fundie-time all sped-up and shit?

Whazza? A remake? Old movies? Didn't those terrible books come out in the '90s? Is fundie-time all sped-up and shit?

The movies were 2000, 2002, and 2005, so really not that long ago. Of course, Spider-man was only 2002 and has already been remade/rebooted, so maybe Hollywood does work on a different time than we do.

Archived