IGNORED

Fundies Lost at Sea - Sent Home by God - Merge

Carla Bruni

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People like this make my stomach turn. Seriously. How much did the various governments - thus, taxpayers - pay to rescue and care for their asses? I don't want MY tax dollars going to take care of idiots who make their own messes, but I don't get a choice.

Sanctimonious to the point of stupidity. Selfish assholes should have to pay back every penny it cost to keep their asses from drifting into oblivion.

People like this make my stomach turn. Seriously. How much did the various governments - thus, taxpayers - pay to rescue and care for their asses? I don't want MY tax dollars going to take care of idiots who make their own messes, but I don't get a choice.

Sanctimonious to the point of stupidity. Selfish assholes should have to pay back every penny it cost to keep their asses from drifting into oblivion.

Agree on both accounts!

The owners of the Venezuelan and Japanese cargo ships, along with the Chilean government, our government and the Coast Guard should all bill their stupid asses for the cost of keeping them alive.

I don't think they'll be billed for the 'rescue at sea' part, because that's considered an international courtesy. You rescue ours, we'll rescue yours kind of thing. The flight back and the hotels while on land though, from what I know they will be in dept to the US government for those. I'm sure sympathetic fundies will fork our donations to cover their stupid asses.

Fundies scare me, they live in these little self-created fantasy worlds, completely separated from reality.

Religious nutters attempt to leave US over abortions, get lost at sea and are brought back at taxpayer expense:

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2639835

(USA today don't care. )

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us" when they took their two small children and her father-in-law and set sail from San Diego for the tiny island nation of Kiribati in May.

Back home on my dime, that's where god led them.

Rward, not sure if you saw it, but I sent you a PM about a week or so ago.

They took a 3 year old and a baby out to sea?! What the fuck is wrong with these people?! They are really fucking lucky they were saved....which they will of course think was God looking out for them, not pure luck over powering their stupidity.

They should have just flown to Indonesia & taken a boat into Australian waters without a passport or ID. You end up in a small island nation if you do that.

I hear you can also end up on a small island by trying to leave Australia via Oceanic flight 815. :D

Attention, Gastonguays: Here's what God is telling you--You have been given a second chance to make yourselves fit usefully and satisfyingly into the country where you started. Get jobs, get insurance, put the kids in preschool and worship God like responsible Americans, NOT like people who just get all whiny and run off in a snit when things don't go 100% their way. God is telling you that your government is NOT persecuting you, and he laid it on the consulate and the Coasties (both government entities) to help you get back to safety. Do not waste this second chance. :naughty:

Funny how they didn't object to the government interfering by providing them with flights home. :roll:

Exactly. I'd love to tell them that if I ever meet them. What stupid assholes.

When I read that, my first thought was, "Are these idiots going to pay back the US government for supporting them in Chile and flying them back?". Where's the complaint about the "interfering" and abortion-providing government now? What's more, it seems that an 'act of God' has landed them right back in the US....perhaps it's God's way of telling you guys that they were stoopid to leave in the first place.

When I read that, my first thought was, "Are these idiots going to pay back the US government for supporting them in Chile and flying them back?". Where's the complaint about the "interfering" and abortion-providing government now? What's more, it seems that an 'act of God' has landed them right back in the US....perhaps it's God's way of telling you guys that they were stoopid to leave in the first place.

From what I understand, the government will most definitely seek payment for their trip back to the States. The State Department just isn't in the business of rescuing Americans stranded abroad.

From what I understand, the government will most definitely seek payment for their trip back to the States. The State Department just isn't in the business of rescuing Americans stranded abroad.

Yup, and it costs a pretty penny, too. When US citizens were evacuated from Beirut in 06 on luxury cruise liners (only thing they had available) and dropped off on swanky islands with plane tickets home, the government certainly collected payment for these services, and this was a war zone, not a Dipshit Cruise to Kiribati situation.

They believed god told them to do this so they are just thinking they did not follow god well enough or pray enough. They well never believe god is telling them to stay home. Fundies never get the hints god leaves.

When US citizens were evacuated from Beirut in 06 on luxury cruise liners (only thing they had available) and dropped off on swanky islands with plane tickets home, the government certainly collected payment for these services, and this was a war zone, not a Dipshit Cruise to Kiribati situation.

...I think we've found the title for the blog! :lol:

Let's look at the facts- they live in Ash Fork AZ, it is out in the middle of no where, population 450+ depending who died in the last couple of weeks. Basically it is a ghost town, there is not much there since the fire and I-40 bypassing the town. There are a lot of old timers there who own run down motels and dinners plus mined flagstone in the hay day of it. Now it is a combination of old timers and burned out hippies. This is the first time I have heard the fundies have moved in. They proably lived in a run down trailer in the middle of the desert, on government assistances. So the boat might have been a step up. Thank you for sending another wackadoddle back to AZ.

OT: Countessrascal, your post reminded me of how when Tennessee Ernie Ford was on "I Love Lucy" he was supposed to be from Bent Fork, Tennessee. It was in the middle of nowhere too.

Archived