IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

Because I'm home sick from work I've been reading through RR old posts throughout the day and things just keep pinging my "bullshit" meter. In this post from Jan 2012 she mentions that her sister has left the family, with a boy. Apparently this sister tried to leave a year ago? How many sisters did she have and just how many of them tried to leave? Is this "Rachel'? Is this boy the father of her baby?

"I haven't heard from my father or mother in weeks. I spoke to my brother, though, and apparently I'm enemy number one. The sister that tried leaving about a year ago has left again. She left with a boy and it's all my fault or something. I hope she's okay and if she reads this- I hope she contacts me."

razingruth.blogspot.com/2012/01/science-labs-boogeyman.html

Add this to the list of incidences mentioned once and never again: sister leaving with boy, brother with stage iV cancer, the sister that was supposedly pregnant while her mother was pregnant with Blessing....

I'm starting to get upset that I never noticed these things before. I supposed her sporadic posting actually helped in a way because you forgot half of what was said in posts 3 months ago and waiting in between for posts meant that people only signed on to read her blog when they found out she had posted, rather than every day readers who would pick up on more of the bull.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would anyone be offended if I sent this to Warrior Eli blog?

warriorelihoax.com/

It didn't do any good with DD and Still Gay Gregg, but the circumstances are a bit different with this one. The eli people give me a wanting media exposure vibe, and I don't mean in an altruistic get the scammers exposure way.

Somebody needs to explain to me the Vyckie Garrison RR story.

Laura oz. I like GOMI. They probs just feel a bit left out. Also I thing we have some disgruntled ex-members there :think:

Laura oz. I like GOMI. They probs just feel a bit left out. Also I thing we have some disgruntled ex-members there :think:

I like reading there too, but it's reeking of sour grapes on this subject right now at least with the ones that are still lurking. I'm hooked on the Pioneer Woman snark. I need a 12 step program for my Ree love/hate thing.

Keep in mind that "Razing Ruth" told her readers from the get-go that "Ruth" was not her real name. When she "came out" to us on FJ, she "admitted" that her name was "really" Mary.

I am pretty naive, but my antennae went up when "Rachel" allowed her baby to be adopted by a same-sex couple.

From what so many of you have pointed out about the parallels between Ruth's family of origin and the [redacted], I think she isn't a member of that family--she just got lazy and scrounged details about them to use in her fictitious family profile. I'd be willing to bet, at this point, that Ruth isn't even a fundie or Gothardite--that she invented her online self from whole cloth, knowing that kind and sympathetic people would be low-hanging fruit for unsolicited donations.

Just to ask a question about this Borden family who supposedly helped her? (Sorry to backtrack: been very busy and only just caught up)

Where was she at the time they did, and where did Lizzie Borden, the axe murderess live?

You know :

Lizzie Borden with an axe

gave her father forty whacks.

When she saw what she had done

she gave her mother forty-one.

As someone commented it's an unusual name.

I don't really remember the Vyckie Garrison RR story either. I thought Vyckie was a member here?

Just to ask a question about this Borden family who supposedly helped her? (Sorry to backtrack: been very busy and only just caught up)

Where was she at the time they did, and where did Lizzie Borden, the axe murderess live?

You know :

Lizzie Borden with an axe

gave her father forty whacks.

When she saw what she had done

she gave her mother forty-one.

As someone commented it's an unusual name.

Fall River, MA. And Lizzie Borden was acquitted. She lived out her life unmarried and apparently with no children.

Which one?

I am leaning toward the family being involved in some way - either as an actual participant or as a base for a elaborate 'story.' There are just too many similarities here. #of kids, names, locations, ATI, Duggar connections, brothers working for Gothard, etc. Yeah, I know there can be coincidences, but to have this many seems a bit suspect. I'd put money on either RR being one of the Corduan's, or at the very least knowing them well enough to "lift" aspects of their life to use for their own elaborate hoax.

Is there anything online we can use to verify that the older [redacted] daughter's birthday is April 1st? Also, if she has a blog, do we have a link to it or anything? At this point, I can't just take people's word for it that someone has a certain birthday, or that someone likes writing and has a blog - I would like to see a link if possible.

[redacted]

hey, for the record, noone is considering contacting any of the [redacted], right?

obviously the internet is pretty public, and if they've posted things then it's on them, but I really don't think any of them took part in this and contacting them might be crossing a line. I know people love solving a good mystery, and I for one can't wait for the dust to settle on this whole situation, but I am starting to get a little bit creeped out over some of this sleuthing. that might just be me, and sorry if this seemed too handslap-y, I just wanted to mention it.

hey, for the record, noone is considering contacting any of the [redacted], right?

obviously the internet is pretty public, and if they've posted things then it's on them, but I really don't think any of them took part in this and contacting them might be crossing a line. I know people love solving a good mystery, and I for one can't wait for the dust to settle on this whole situation, but I am starting to get a little bit creeped out over some of this sleuthing. that might just be me, and sorry if this seemed too handslap-y, I just wanted to mention it.

No, I don't think anyone is planning on contacting them. I certainly wasn't. I am only interested in looking at publicly available information to see if there are any clues.

I am not even remotely convinced the [redacted] are related, but their name came up through a faint connection through a commenter, so it's worth checking out.

No one should contact them, in my opinion, unless we find out that someone has stolen their information and used to defraud people. Until then, this is just research.

I would imagine that if anybody here did that the majority of other members would be horrified.

I think people are just trying to connect dots and bouncing ideas and theories off one another.

I don't really remember the Vyckie Garrison RR story either. I thought Vyckie was a member here?

I just remember some tenuous link that she 'verified' RR. But I notice earlier in the thread some dubiety about Vyckie. It piqued my interest.

No, I don't think anyone is planning on contacting them. I certainly wasn't. I am only interested in looking at publicly available information to see if there are any clues.

I am not even remotely convinced the [redacted] are related, but their name came up through a faint connection through a commenter, so it's worth checking out.

No one should contact them, in my opinion, unless we find out that someone has stolen their information and used to defraud people. Until then, this is just research.

Yes. This is the point that I get totally squicked. If the [redacted] family have nothing to do with this, I get really squeamish about examining all their stuff. And I just don't need to know, myself.

I do appreciate that others really want to know RR's real identity. Part of me says they are right. But innocent people get tugged into this sort of investigation and I feel bad for them. I also worry that others will overstep boundaries in their quest.

Does that make me a hand-slapping snowflake?

OK, I'm back to :popcorn2: and couch sitting again.

Thinking through it again, it's probably not the [redacted]. I can't see any of them having any kind of vendetta with the whole Gothard culture. Are there ties to PenMamma and Ruth we could find? Could Ruth be Vyckie? (maybe we discussed this and I don't remember. Many pages!) I sure would like to know but I sure also hope nobody contacts innocent (I hope) people.

Fall River, MA. And Lizzie Borden was acquitted. She lived out her life unmarried and apparently with no children.

Yep, Fall River. I went there last month, the house is cool! From what I remember, she was acquitted for a few reasons. There was no tangible proof that she had killed her parents, and since she was a woman, it was thought that there was no way she could have done what she did. She was also charged before a judge informed her of such a thing (I think it was just a policeman who said she was a suspect). She also fainted at the sight of her parent's skulls.

Yes. This is the point that I get totally squicked. If the [redacted] family have nothing to do with this, I get really squeamish about examining all their stuff. And I just don't need to know, myself.

I do appreciate that others really want to know RR's real identity. Part of me says they are right. But innocent people get tugged into this sort of investigation and I feel bad for them. I also worry that others will overstep boundaries in their quest.

Does that make me a hand-slapping snowflake?

OK, I'm back to :popcorn2: and couch sitting again.

I can understand that. I have witnessed online sleuthing things that got out of hand, where people really were behaving badly and did rude things to the people whose names came up. To me, getting in contact with anyone unless and until there is darn good reason to is totally crossing the line.

My first post in the previous Ruth thread was to decry the idea that someone tried to contact her by going to her workplace (which may or may not have ever happened) - just so you know my intentions in this. I am interested in seeing if there are clues online to whether this is real or not, yes. I might even be interested in finding out who the real person involved is, if that is possible, though I would not publish their name unless there was good reason.

I guess I feel that at least our searching is taking place on a board that is apparently NOT open to non-members, no one (as far as I know) is contacting the people in question, and we are not leaving messages on their sites, trying to friend them on FB, or whatever. Basically, no one is trying to actually contact these people even in a peripheral way. If that were to happen, it would NOT be okay, but given what we've found...why would that happen? All we have is a list of coincidences based in a really, really tenuous connection (an off-hand comment from last year that led to a blurry photo of several families, of which one is the [redacted].)

What the heck would someone contacting them even say? The story sounds completely stupid when spelled out - "lol, there's a blog online that MIGHT be a lie, and a random comment there from 2012 led to a photo that included your family, and there are some names that overlap." It sounds insane, frankly. No one should contact them, but I can't for the life of me think why someone would.

The types of things we have found so far - facebook profiles, a family website, and the daughter's website, a youtube account, are no different than any of the other things that are commonly discussed here in Snark. In fact, that's exactly what we talk about in Snark - the online public activities of fundie families. This is really no different so far.

I do think, though, that everyone in this thread should be really careful about flinging accusations around regarding who actually is RR. The rumor mill can get out of hand very quickly based on totally unfounded speculation, so while I think it's appropriate to point out coincidences (preferably with proof posted), no one should leap to any conclusions that "so-and-so might be Ruth" or whatever. We just don't have any proof to say such things, and it could lead people to let things get beyond this board.

If it isn't the [redacted], I feel damn sorry for them beng dragged into this even by implication or imitation.

From the previous thread:

I really, really doubt that she has a brother who has stage 4 melanoma melanoma. It's a very deadly disease/terrible diagnosis. It would be really weird that if she brought it up once, she never said anything about it again.

Reminds me of Lisa's mother's breast cancer in The Room. It's brought up once, then never mentioned again for the rest of the movie. That's only one small part of the bizarrity of that movie, though.

I'm super uncomfortable with all this now, and I'm regretting the part I played in it. I like [redacted] and I feel bad that a bunch of people are going through all her stuff now. I'm sure I'd be part of it too if it were someone I didn't know, but this is getting very weird for me.

I'm super uncomfortable with all this now, and I'm regretting the part I played in it. I like [redacted] and I feel bad that a bunch of people are going through all her stuff now. I'm sure I'd be part of it too if it were someone I didn't know, but this is getting very weird for me.

Perhaps you should mention to her what you said, so she has the option of making her stuff private?

Me too! I'm bowing out and I don't believe it is [redacted] anymore. Going to go join the popcorn crowd.

I had also believed all along that the [redacted] were making up the Ruth story, specifically [redacted]. She mentions on her blog that she dreams up characters, situations and things that come from one little real thing in life. She keeps notebooks of her characters and I believe she said her Dad helped her with the story. My bet is on her, but then the ofDuggar having a child comment couldn't ring true. Confusing!

This is the kind of thing I am uncomfortable with. We have no reason to believe any of the [redacted] have made up the Ruth story, let alone [redacted]. You also haven't provided any proof that we can verify about [redacted] writing or her Dad's involvement with it, so it comes off as questionable information that could quickly feed rumors.

The reason I have been researching them is because I thought it was possible whoever "Ruth" is may have used their family for certain details of her story. That's it. No one should speculate that anyone is "Ruth" unless they have very strong proof to back them up.

I also hate to open this can of worms, but it also worries me when new posters show up and start speculating. New members are important, but this might not be a good place to jump into posting if you are new, since so many of the questions and concern are about trust, possible sockpuppets, etc. If you have something to say, please just be careful and if possible post links or proof to what you are saying.

I really do believe s/he just taunts us with details--like her April Fools birthday. I think there's lots of these sorts of things "hidden" in the blogs, posts, and alternate online personalities. Someone on Part 1 of this post found a lesbian couple who had adopted a little girl named Ellie that would have been about the same age as "Ruth's" niece. S/he probably lifted pieces from the [redacted] family too. I don't think they are in any way connected--but I think s/he set up all these little things for two reasons: 1- so that if someone was checking her story, they might run into any of of these details and assume it was true.; 2- s/he gets a kick out of "outsmarting" us and how clever s/he is.

I can't think of "Borden" without thinking of Lizzie or milk. (Wasn't Lizzie Borden a lesbian? Or am I confusing her with someone else?)

Archived