IGNORED

The Maxwells heading west

WonderingInWA

Well, there are a whole lotta MEN out west!

Rugged, MALE men. With chaps and other rugged accoutrements!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just my view, but if Steve has any consideration for Sarah he'll start a serious husband hunt for Sarah.

I agree! In his worldview that's his job so he needs to get on it. She was raised to be a homemaker; find her a home! She has trusted his ways and very much wants a husband and kids. He is just being cruel and selfish and controlling.

Dammit, if they are anywhere in Idaho, they are WAY too close to me. And yes, Eagle is pure cookie-cutter suburbia. And it's not even in a particularly scenic part of the state. You have to head north for that. About where I am, and north of here, it gets downright spectacular, if you like the mountains. Which I do.

Dammit, if they are anywhere in Idaho, they are WAY too close to me. And yes, Eagle is pure cookie-cutter suburbia. And it's not even in a particularly scenic part of the state. You have to head north for that. About where I am, and north of here, it gets downright spectacular, if you like the mountains. Which I do.

What I'm trying to figure out is what wild-assed church in EAGLE would have invited them to come speak. I have a ton of friends in Eagle and to my knowledge, they aren't the conservative Christian type. They live in gated communities and have swimming pools (which means they wear bathing suits -- so scandalous!).

Even the Mormons don't want to listen to the Maxwells.

Just my view, but if Steve has any consideration for Sarah he'll start a serious husband hunt for Sarah.

Somebody here quoted Steve a while back as saying he didn't believe in actively seeking spouses for his kids. Something about what if he pushed for a marriage that wasn't God's will. Of course they believed Christopher's first courtship, and Joseph's courtship were God's will, and we see how those worked out.

Apparently spouses will just drop down their chimney or something.

Even the Mormons don't want to listen to the Maxwells.

That's okay. The Maxwells think the Mormons are headed straight to hell.

Ain't religion FUN?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_West

The Western United States, commonly referred to as the American West or simply the West," traditionally refers to the region comprising the westernmost states of the United States. Because the U.S. expanded westward after its founding, the meaning of the West has evolved over time. Prior to about 1800, the crest of the Appalachian Mountains was seen as the western frontier. Since then, the frontier moved further west and the Mississippi River was referenced as the easternmost possible boundary of the West.

The West mostly comprises arid to semi-arid plateaus and plains and forested mountains.

In the 21st century, the states which include the Rocky Mountains and the Great Basin to the West Coast are generally considered to comprise the American West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_re ... ated_areas

Regional divisions used by the United States Census Bureau:[1]

Region 1 (Northeast)

Division 1 (New England) Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Division 2 (Mid-Atlantic) New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey

Region 2 (Midwest) (Prior to June 1984, the Midwest Region was designated as the North Central Region.)[1]

Division 3 (East North Central) Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio

Division 4 (West North Central) Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa

Region 3 (South)

Division 5 (South Atlantic) Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Division 6 (East South Central) Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama

Division 7 (West South Central) Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana

Region 4 (West)

Division 8 (Mountain) Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Division 9 (Pacific) Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii

ETA: Not breaking links because it's Wikipedia

2nd post in two days where Sarah mentions the "rugged" West. I think she's having cowboy fantasies.

If Anna ends up in a courtship before Poor Sarah, I think it is going to break her.

Sarah is already broken, spiritually, psychologically, emotionally.

Not to defend the Maxwells (never!!!), but I moved cross country from the east coast to the Seattle area 2 years ago, and drove across a lot of interesting terrain. Of course, we did drive through big cities, and Seattle is a completely normal "big city," but some of the areas we drove through to get here were extremely rugged and very desolate. We would go miles without seeing any signs of civilization. It was pretty awesome, actually. I had never seen anything like it.

And I think the term "Midwest" is one big HUH? Sometimes it seems to encompass every state that doesn't border an ocean. My state borders Canada and is not the West in any way at all, yet we're considered Midwestern. Better than being called flyover country, I guess. :roll:

I predict that Uriah's engine overheats, the Maxwells are marooned in the Rockies and a very special Out West episode of the Donner party ensues.

After the lettuce and bottled water runs out, who will Steve eat first?

:lol: Michigan here. I was once asked if I lived in an igloo and drove a dog sled. I explained that I also had electricity and indoor plumbing. Admittedly, we do like to tease people a bit, such as the time we had a visitor convinced that my dad had cut off his arm with a chainsaw and stuck it back on with tree sap.

Peppercorn, I'm in Michigan too and have ALWAYS wondered why we are called the midwest!

John-Marie lives close to the Oregon border, about 30-45 minutes west of Boise/Eagle. He has gone waaaaaay out of his way to visit the Maxwells clear out in Kansas, he'll definitely visit with them if they're only a half hour away. I wonder if the Maxwells will go visit his home/inspect his business, his family, etc. to see if he is courtship-worthy?

2nd post in two days where Sarah mentions the "rugged" West. I think she's having cowboy fantasies.

I thought it was so sad that second blog went out of its way to say, "(Sarah's terms here)" about the use of "rugged."

1. Isn't it Sarah writing the blog entry, not Steve-o signing her name to it? and

2. As if Sarah saying it makes any difference to us. Some of the landscape is mountainous, yes. I'm from a plains state and went to Montana once: it is WEIRD waking up to rocky, snow-capped peaks on the horizon, I get it. So long as there are roads that Uriah can handle, it's not yet rugged. Sarah, you're what some may call a writer, even if you have jack all to write about you should know that words mean things.

Give me two days with her. We could turn the Moody series into a *crafted* Christian sleep-fest.

I think she's thinking in the cliches she was exposed to at SODRT. It just sounds like the sort of crap one might find in the LA textbooks of what some might call a curriculum (Abeka ).

They need to start doing conferences in Alaska. Men outnumber women there, so there must be some older, surplus fundie guys looking for a helpmeet.

They had dinner in a Mexican restaurant. Their "what most people call a waiter, they call 'someone we interacted with'" remembered them from their last visit 3 years ago. *snort* I bet he did *remember* them. :lol: Hopefully the restaurant has the "tip added for tables of 6+ policy."

I thought it was so sad that second blog went out of its way to say, "(Sarah's terms here)" about the use of "rugged."

1. Isn't it Sarah writing the blog entry, not Steve-o signing her name to it? and

Stevie has overall editorial control, and I can picture him basically telling Poor Sara what to write, which she then puts in her own words. The whole 'rugged'/Sarah's terms is further proof that Stevie reads here. Also notice that two friends were used as forced labour to help them pack after recent discussion on here about isolationism Hi Stevie! Why would they need the extra help as in Teri's latest corner entitled "1,2,3 Pepsi Fruit :roll: titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/1-2-3-fruit.html she talks about how the children are such a well oiled machine in their forced work.

They had dinner in a Mexican restaurant. Their "what most people call a waiter, they call 'someone we interacted with'" remembered them from their last visit 3 years ago. *snort* I bet he did *remember* them. :lol: Hopefully the restaurant has the "tip added for tables of 6+ policy."

You can picture the scene, he probably thought - shit, it's those crazy DEATH f***ers again.

Of course Stevie is too tight to ever pay for a meal out and it was a gift from a 'dear friend'. Do their sheep really send them money or gift vouchers for a meal, as it seems to happen quite often. You take friends out for a meal, but this? Or are they using their 'sweat love offerings' that the sheep leave at the dog and pony show dishonestly?

Oh that poor, poor waiter. Can you imagine? "Well, it's been a long day, I'm exhausted but just a few more hours to go, not too crowded tonight so...OH FUCK NOT THOSE ASSHOLES AGAIN WHY GOD WHY"

Oh that poor, poor waiter. Can you imagine? "Well, it's been a long day, I'm exhausted but just a few more hours to go, not too crowded tonight so...OH FUCK NOT THOSE ASSHOLES AGAIN WHY GOD WHY"

Love it!!

They need to start doing conferences in Alaska. Men outnumber women there, so there must be some older, surplus fundie guys looking for a helpmeet.

Perhaps one of the BuckHales is available? They're already family friends.

The bolded struck me as especially awkward, and that's saying something given Poor Sarah's usual prose.

Oh, my. In the picture all the chip bowls are empty. Be careful Steve, your family might get fat if you allow this kind of indulgence to continue!

Oh, my. In the picture all the chip bowls are empty. Be careful Steve, your family might get fat if you allow this kind of indulgence to continue!

Oh I'm sure Steve informed the waiter to only bring out enough for 2 chips each.

"The children" probably had to pray to Steve for permission to have the waiter refill the bowls. Stevehova clearly said no.

Archived