IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Now with Rats!

Well yesterday they were with Alice at Hosanna Farmstay.

Presuming they're still there with the van.....

eta

I notice the pic is at the International Airport, so she must really be going to Paris? Well, overseas anyway.

Bloody hell, I wish I'd just had a brood of kids and gone on the single parent benefit. I'd be a damn sight better off than working by the looks of it.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This trip seems to be rather sudden and not much thought has gone into what the girls will be doing. Heck, she was still searching out child monitoring (?) options what, last week? I'd have thought that you'd plan for months and really prepare your kids if you were going overseas without them and especially so after what they've been through.

I can see why she might want to escape, especially as she doesn't seem to have allowed herself to grieve but she has three daughters...

I just can't understand :(

I wonder too about the legalities - I wouldn't accept responsibility for someone elses children without some sort of legal authority, you know to authorise medical treatment and the like. I hope she has covered all her bases with this arrangement!

Hopefully Alice brought her Thermomix because at least the girls might get a decent feed then.

There is that. Having an adult they barely know "present" may just get those poor girls a few decent meals they didn't have to forage themselves. :(

I want to know who she's suddenly going to France with. It's not just a sudden whim to travel solo, she must be going with or meeting someone.

Also curious about what DOCS will do if David's case goes to trial while Lauren is away and concerns are raised about the safety of the surviving children. If concerns are raised and one parent is incarcerated and one has left the country, leaving the children in the care of virtual strangers (they don't even know Alice very well, they have only spent a few weeks with her), I'm not sure how DOCS and the courts would react. I just hope that Lauren's parents are aware of the location of the girls and any developments in David's case, so they can jump in and rescue the girls if necessary.

I cannot imagine a situation where I would run off on a vacation leaving my small children basically alone to fend for themselves. And I don't think most adults who were placed in charge of children, even children that weren't theirs would do something like this. I hope she loses custody of these children and they can go live with people who actually love and want them because she sure as hell doesn't.

Hmmmmm, I reckon it's a man.

Reading back through a few of her fb posts, she talks of love, desire and having mixed feeling about this month.

The way she throws herself wholeheartedly into every other new concept she tries, it makes me wonder what will happen next, if it really is a romantic holiday she's on. What if she falls hopelessly in love/lust with someone who's not prepared to live the lifestyle she currently enjoys?

If its not a man, it IS very strange that she's taken off alone overseas. Where did she pull that amount of money in such a short time? They only just got back from Bali, for goodness sake!

The mind boggles.

Re David. I have been searching the news sites daily for word of any court appearance, but so far, nothing. I wonder what he thinks of this latest jaunt, or whether he is even aware of it?

I'm glad to have found this forum where I can express my concern because I've been reading Lauren's blog for over 2 years now in increasing disbelief and concern for her children. I take a slightly different approach to her situation. I have always thought David was mentally ill and unfit to father the children. Years ago his daughter wasn't allowed to celebrate her birthday until she allowed him to read to her or some such nonsense and in a lot of photos I get a real sense that he makes them uncomfortable at different times (and in ways they can't express). I think he's creepy, I always have. When he killed Elijah via his own 'Baptism' I wasn't surprised that he took away their son as some kind of punishment against Lauren.

Doesn't anyone else think its weird how two people with messiah complexes ended up dating and marrying each other? They then out do each other in piousness until David finally wins by ending their game. Lauren was 'cold and frigid' forcing him to want to have sex with other women whilst she met his rage with coldness and hyper kindness shown to others. And she's carrying on this sick game by acting like Elijah's death was a universal lesson for her to learn so that she could be kind and good. :wtf: They are both mentally ill and have hidden their illness under the cloak of alternative living.

I think some man has sent Lauren money to fly out and meet him under the guise of a 'retreat' or spiritual workshop. He will probably have a messiah complex too and she will be custom made for whatever bullshit he is cooking up.

I wonder if she is going to just leave forever?

She's going on a holiday for herself but she will make it look like she is going for some kind of spiritual awakening / healing. I do think there's a man behind it and he's probably crazier than she is!

Sorry to go back in time so far but I had to do a bit of a catch up. I agree, there are times David seems pretty cool. He likes to meet people, have fun. He had a vision for their family and he was quite

entrepreneurial plus he did kid wrangle during Lauren's PPD which went on for some time. I can forgive the church outburst as he had a doctrinal disagreement and the pastors and head honchos just wanted to hush him up. He devoted his life to god and in fact that's all he's known, he had a passionate outburst bourne of frustration. Those large pentecostal churches often have a security guard around, mainly for censure if you ask me. Yes at times I thought I really liked david and I wondered if she was gaslighting him.

But on the other hand, he had an affair in NZ which made me feel for lauren immensely. And he was open about her fridgidity which pissed me off. And even his dragging his brother and I think a friend into

the ward moments after lauren gave birth gufflawing and chowing down on takeaway made me think he was a selfish turd. There are also some posts with him standing by rushing water expressing a desire to go with the current in a creepy prophetic way. It's all very confusing to me. Was he mentally ill at the time of the apocalypse planning or was that just a thing he was trying out?

The David part is the most complex element to this for sure. It is interesting isn't it? And of course devastating but I don't like to think about it too much.

Actually I think David is the least complex part to this whole story. For one thing, it is he who gave the game away. Don't you think it's interesting that he 'reported' on their relationship via Youtube videos and comments on her blog? Why would anyone do that? To keep score. A sane man would have chased after Lauren and had a relationship show down after she went walkabout with their infant and left her husband and daughters behind, but not David. He instead decided to 'report' on Lauren in a kind of keeping score system which is why she invented the whole 'went to buy a car for the family' on a whim story after his report on her - so that she would end up looking frazzled but relatively normal and doing something for the family.

David and Lauren are unique in that, before Elijah's death, they held each other hostage in a game where the goal was to out pious each other by any means possible. Of course Lauren had a serious head start. Her own father was a missionary in Africa. From all accounts he was an insincere missionary in Africa with a wife and children whilst desiring a gay lifestyle. If anyone knows about duality, if anyone knows about manipulative living, if anyone has learnt the skills of persuasion, gaining the trust of others and living off an idea, it's Lauren, thanks to her Missionary upbringing. That was the perfect hotbed for her to see how an idea can get you carriage through life...as long as everyone else believes you believe it. She doesn't even know what authentic means, her experience of authentic is based on self serving adults engaging in an insincere pursuit at the very high cost of other humans. Having grown up in a Missionary household myself, I can attest that there are no gay missionaries and that most mission families live off goodwill and many live very well off that goodwill, so like I said, Lauren is just continuing her own experience but of course she calls it the NE.

Whichever way you look at it, she grew up in a lie. Whether the lie was the mission or her father is irrelevant, she's smart and she knows how to use people to get what she wants.

David is no match for her. Whenever he has gone more extreme, or questioned doctrine, it's actually Lauren who takes the game to the next level. He basically pleads with her to show HIM some love, but to punish him she shows extra love to everyone but him. I have no doubt that Elijah's death was the end of the game for David who had no other way to have the final word on Lauren. But of course, she outwitted him there too, because now she's a kind of pious griever who is above grief and suffering and is now somehow a superior human being...and even says that she wants him back home with them. Well of course she does, so she can shower him with that famous love of hers and bask in the glory of how forgiving and advanced and pious she is.

I sincerely hope that never happens because I believe all of them would be at risk of death if he ever rejoined the family unit. David and Lauren both appear to have highly sophisticated mental illnesses and they should be kept apart from each other at all lengths.

The children are just footnotes to both David and Lauren, it's their illness that charts everything, not care and concern for their offspring. I think Lauren is a very dangerous woman, I can't believe no one else can see this. It baffles me.

This trip seems to be rather sudden and not much thought has gone into what the girls will be doing. Heck, she was still searching out child monitoring (?) options what, last week? I'd have thought that you'd plan for months and really prepare your kids if you were going overseas without them and especially so after what they've been through.

I can see why she might want to escape, especially as she doesn't seem to have allowed herself to grieve but she has three daughters...

I just can't understand :(

Actually she has four daughters, but I agree with the rest of your comment.

I really hope the girls are taken away now, and it would probably be better if they weren't placed with family. I think Lauren is too good at having her way with family.

I had a dream last night that I adopted her girls, and to be completely honest, I was really sad when I woke up. I've said before that I'm not the most maternal being in the world, but damned if I wouldn't make sure they were fed, bathed, and clothed, and given the attention they need and want.

I had a dream last night that I adopted her girls, and to be completely honest, I was really sad when I woke up. I've said before that I'm not the most maternal being in the world, but damned if I wouldn't make sure they were fed, bathed, and clothed, and given the attention they need and want.

Same here (not maternal, but would make sure they're taken care of). I feel really bad for the girls because first their Dad kills their baby brother, than their Dad goes away, and now their Mom is going away too (supposedly briefly, but who knows!). Those poor kids don't know safety and stability and it breaks my heart.

I think Lauren is a very dangerous woman, I can't believe no one else can see this. It baffles me.

Lots of people see this. I can only hope someone who encounters them in real life can intervene before the parents bring further tragedy to the family.

Actually she has four daughters, but I agree with the rest of your comment.

I really hope the girls are taken away now, and it would probably be better if they weren't placed with family. I think Lauren is too good at having her way with family.

The post about wanting someone to watch the kids was from July (even though it was only posted to FJ in the last couple of weeks). I'll see if I can go back and find the link. So it's not quite the last-minute whim, alhtough probably still ill-advised.

Okay, here it is, so her request was actually made at the end of July:

So Lauren and the girls are going to an un schooling gathering at a place in Northern NSW called Hosanna Farmstay from 13 - 20 Sept. Sounds nice.

Until I read a post on Hosanna Farmstays fb page by Lauren

Red Gypsy Lauren

"Hello friends! I'm wondering if there is anyone who may be able to join Alice Wenzel in being present with my children from 18 September to 2 October. I'm going away from my four (independent) daughters for that time, and I'd love to leave them (in our housebus) within a family community who can provide conscious support when they need it."

Follow Post · July 23 at 7:09pm

Red Gypsy Lauren

"The bus can be wherever, it will need an adult to drive it, however. (It's a small wheelbase Coaster, so not a big bus, drivable on a car licence.)"

July 23 at 7:50pm

I agree with several previous posters about the game playing and dubious hold on sanity.So far Lauren has "won"-having said that she has to be aware how close to the wind she is sailing ,makes me wonder who she is taunting now -family -friends-?us.........??David

For me a lot of his behaviour was" off" for quite a while as was hers ( so docile)

I always thought he overwhelmed a house/people and took over... not "making smoothies for everyone "...I imagine it would have been akin to a swarm without any boundaries .

Even with their makeover the fundie thought process -man =god and woman =matyr was still intact.

Further back than that, when they smuggled a child out of some african town for treatment is it seemed for their benefit and I felt they both got off on it..............oh look how clever /best Christians ever ....we are ..

Lots of little "off " things I think culminated in tragedy but I really think her giving up work was the catalyst ...mind you I could never decide if ....."thats it-its over"re work ...... was a punishment for David for being an ass about minding the children or a relief filled one as managing 3 and working is HARD WORK and Lauren freely alluded to this pre blog scrubbing.

I whole heartedly worry about these girls and I can add truthfully that i cant understand how she is getting to Paris on a centrelink wage ...I am very envious/green in fact (work fulltime have family ,earn good wage ,cannot afford.)

How can she leave those little girls, who have lost a father and a brother so recently? Has she no compassion for them at least, if she can't manage love?

and as a extra thought:

Lauren still has that fundie /Christian thought process ....................I'm the best __ because ____ ..be it I'm the best Christian because I pray 4 x days/ go to every church service /tithe over 7 % / have more children that you /

or

Im the best rainbow /unschooler/ traveller / sparkle because I'm living the authentic life cause I unschool/ have free children /reject cultural norms /eat raw / on so and so on.......one person looking to top the other.

I think this is what alarms me the most ..I know crazy people ,I know real authentic hippies and dropouts ...but this delusion of Laurens is just that ..a delusion .Technically it a 1st world thought process ..I reject.... schooling /healthcare /clean living standards and a stable home because its not authentic.

Ive just come back from dropping the kids at the bus stop ..........My kids are engaged and close to us ,they seek knowledge and new experiences ..I guide them into adventures and prod them to think out side of the box.

By no means are they stifled but they are at an age where they are vulnerable So I keep them safe without them knowing .

..I don't get the reject of everything .....maybe I do .......Is she having a second teenage hood as the things shes doing are what I did when I was 18/19 /20.Trying out new ideas /disappearing / trying on new persona's and new groups

Oh look ....Good Luck Lauren ..fuck whoever you want /eat -wear what you want- If its an authentic choice you will not need to seek justification...just keep those girls safe.......don't damage them in ways that are unfixable

I'm out .............I'll just watch from the side lines....

I think some man has sent Lauren money to fly out and meet him under the guise of a 'retreat' or spiritual workshop. He will probably have a messiah complex too and she will be custom made for whatever bullshit he is cooking up.

I'm certain there is a man involved and honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Lauren feels "called" to stay in France or wherever she winds up, leaving the kids with whoever. I can totally see her getting involved with some sort of cult. Honestly, the best thing would be for DOCS (I think that is right...) to take the kids away from her. I've no doubt it would be traumatic for them, but in the long run, I think it would be so much better for them. And, honestly, I think Lauren would be happier as well.

Archived