IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Now with Rats!

Do you really think they sit in them? Just because CPS made her buy the seats doesn't mean the girls sit in them. Remember those pics early on, when they were all unbuckled?

Wouldn't it be a pretty big risk to get pulled over for a traffic violation and have a cop see a bunch of unsecured little girls? I would imagine "huge fine" or "jail" would be able to light a fire under the Sparkling One's ass the way the safety of her children cannot. God, that woman is completely unfit to parent right now.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her new post is all about the magic of the thermomix and SOMEONE COOKED FOR THE GIRLS! I have to confess I haven't a clue what a thermomix actually is and it seems quite unhealthy to me to make bathbombs in the same thing you're cooking your food in, but hey ho. I love her "If I was in a house, I'd love to have a Thermomix." Will an appliance be what gets them back? :O (one can always dream)

Also: Macadamias for breakfast? Nutritious -.-

And "one day it would be nice to travel off-road with confidence" to me implies she does it now, but without confidence. :shock:

Her new post is all about the magic of the thermomix and SOMEONE COOKED FOR THE GIRLS! I have to confess I haven't a clue what a thermomix actually is and it seems quite unhealthy to me to make bathbombs in the same thing you're cooking your food in, but hey ho. I love her "If I was in a house, I'd love to have a Thermomix." Will an appliance be what gets them back? :O (one can always dream)

Also: Macadamias for breakfast? Nutritious -.-

And "one day it would be nice to travel off-road with confidence" to me implies she does it now, but without confidence. :shock:

Bath bombs are just baking soda, citric acid & oil It would be harmless to eat food out of the same thing you made bath bombs in.

Thermomix:$2000 blender.

so how does it help with cooking? I am confused.

Bath bombs are just baking soda, citric acid & oil It would be harmless to eat food out of the same thing you made bath bombs in.

oh, fair enough :) Candles and hand-cream though?

It’s been interesting for me to live alongside a Thermomix for these past weeks. In this household, it’s used for every meal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not very authentic, Lauren, living alongside an appliance for sale via pyramid scheme.

Her bus does look very nice and it seems well organized. I am not against living a "gypsy" life if that is the life that you like. However, I am against doing it when you are dragging your children around and not schooling them in the process. If it was just Lauren and this was her home I would think, "oh how cool! what an interesting place to live, not the life for me but still interesting." However, this changes completely when you factor in the four little girls being dragged around. Lauren needs to realize her life is no longer about her and that she has children to consider.

so how does it help with cooking? I am confused.

oh, fair enough :) Candles and hand-cream though?

Me too. She posted a pic a few weeks ago. According to its advertising it magically transforms raw stuff into meals in five minutes flat, drives the kids to school and gives oral sex.

What puzzles me is their ads say it's the only kitchen gadget you'll ever need, but if it's baking bread, how can I cook dinner? How can I cook four things at once with only one device? Say I'm making naan rice and curry with my breadmaker, rice cooker and slow cooker, if I made them all in the thermomix at once it would be sludge.

Say I'm making naan rice and curry with my breadmaker, rice cooker and slow cooker, if I made them all in the thermomix at once it would be sludge.

But authentic sludge!

I have a thermomix, and it is awesome. Naan, rice + curry -- you'd make the naan dough first, then you would steam your rice and veggies for the curry, then you'd make sauce for the curry. Or something like that. It's not making them all at once but it does drastically cut back on the amount of time you spend making stuff. I have a breadmaker too, it takes at least 10 minutes to knead bread dough whereas thermomix kneads dough better in 3 minutes. Because we have a thermomix, I'm able to easily make all our bread, butter, mayonnaise, etc. and can whip up a really delicious and healthy meal in less time than it takes to get drive through. And I'm not selling them or anything, they really are just that amazing.

The whole foods thing is true, too. When I make bread I often grind my own flour in the thermomix first, then proceed with the recipe. We don't need to buy much processed anything anymore.

I've only begun to wade into this nightmare, but can someone tell me why Brioni is not called Stephanie anymore? I suppose Brioni is more counterculture?

So the AU$ RRP for a Thermomix is around $2k, but a Kitchenaid is around $800 at DJs (So cheaper everywhere else, mine was $500 shipped from the USA about 3 yrs ago :lol: )

What can a Thermomix do that a Kitchenaid, microwave & oven can't? I love my Kitchenaid because it does so much & will hopefully outlast me, even if it does break, its just gears & a motor. Not circuitry.

I've only begun to wade into this nightmare, but can someone tell me why Brioni is not called Stephanie anymore? I suppose Brioni is more counterculture?

Lauren read Atonement and decided to rename her baby after one of the characters. As you do.

Lauren read Atonement and decided to rename her baby after one of the characters. As you do.

That makes total sense. :? Thank you.

...because if I were going to pick any fictional character to name my child after, I'd pick Briony from Atonement. :roll:

She also decided to name them alphabetically because, you know, that's more authentic daaaahling :roll:

She also decided to name them alphabetically because, you know, that's more authentic daaaahling :roll:

But now Delaney has renamed herself Lana, and Lauren has run with it, as you do with the whims of a toddler. My daughter would be called Dora if I let her rename herself at 3.

But now Delaney has renamed herself Lana, and Lauren has run with it, as you do with the whims of a toddler. My daughter would be called Dora if I let her rename herself at 3.

My sister would be a puppy if my parents had gone along with her wishes as a toddler. :lol:

What can a Thermomix do that a Kitchenaid, microwave & oven can't?

Well, for example, I can cook an awesome risotto in my thermomix without having to stand there and stir for ages. I can cook soup from scratch and blend it until it's smooth as a baby's butt without having to get out another machine to do so. I can make a perfect white sauce, hollandaise, gravy, whatever, effortlessly. I can weigh everything right into the thermomix so I don't have to get a bunch of measuring cups and stuff dirty. It's not like you can't do it in a kitchenaid, microwave and oven, it's more that you no longer *have* to do it in a kitchenaid, microwave and oven because the thermomix has it covered*.

One of my favorite things about the thermomix is the one-pot meals you can make. You put ingredients in, push buttons, and 20 minutes later have a delicious pasta dish, or rice, veggies and protein, or a number of other things. These have been a lifesaver for me and have helped my family to go from eating out frequently to eating out once a month. It's about as close to a food replicator as I have ever seen. lol

*Ok you still need an oven because although you *can* steam cakes and breads in the thermomix, it probably wouldn't always be your first choice. lol

One of my favorite things about the thermomix is the one-pot meals you can make. You put ingredients in, push buttons, and 20 minutes later have a delicious pasta dish, or rice, veggies and protein, or a number of other things.

I do that. in a magical £15 appliance called a pot. Granted, I had to use a knife and chopping board, but rinsing those two while the food cooks isn't really £1150 worth of work.

One of my favorite quotes from Dharma and Greg was Dharma telling about how her parents let her choose her own name.

"And when I was two, my name was 'NO!'"

Archived