IGNORED

Gay Kiss + Women Wearing Pants = Colorado Forest Fire: Merge

doggie

So funny and stupid. Why does god speak through such idiots?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... rest-fires

Last week on Generations Radio, Colorado pastors Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner addressed the forest fires hitting their state. They wondered why God was punishing Colorado with the fires, and specifically targeting the heavily conservative city of Colorado Springs.

The two ultimately determined that the forest fires were linked to the state’s liberal abortion laws and the recent success of civil union legislation. Swanson added that a Denver Post photograph of State House Majority Leader Mark Ferrandino kissing his partner also played a role in inviting God’s wrath.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... IvmaO.dpuf

If they're going to use the rationale that God's wrath brings down destruction, why do they ever not hypothesize that maybe, just maybe, God's wrath is being directed at the ultra conservative nut jobs taking his message in vain. Maybe God is mad at THEM. Hmmmm?

It couldn't just have been caused by, say, lightning or careless campers, could it? Remind me again where God said he wants his followers to waste their time interpreting random acts of nature.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... rest-fires

In which two fundie pastors blame the recent Colorado wildfires on a range of usual suspects: liberal abortion laws, their State House Majority Leader kissing his partner in public (ZOMG!!111), metrosexual fashions, and women wearing pantsuits. It's the judgment of God, y'all!!

Here are some particularly snarkworthy highlights:

He [one of the wacko pastors] described a particularly disturbing plane ride he took back from Australia, in which he was forced to look at other people’s airplane TV sets. “I’ve never seen so many breasts in all of my life,†he reported. “Every form of aberrant sexuality and women’s breasts are shown in front of me almost nonstop for fourteen hours.†- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... i5OvX.dpuf

Because women's breasts are just totes the worst kind of "aberrant sexuality."

After saying that he was a victim of “oppressive†breast exposure, he criticized young men for “doing the metrosexual thing with the skinny pants and the little fairy shoes†and not growing out their facial hair as God commands. But feminism is also to blame, he said, as too many Christian women have embraced feminist fashions like hats and pantsuits. - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... i5OvX.dpuf

This guy gives us a three 'fer. First, he disses metrosexual fashions. Um....-really-?!? "Little Fairy shoes?" Can these people be even more insulting and idiotic?

Oh, and don't forget to grow out your manly man beards! If God commands men to have beards of Biblical Prophet Proportions, why are a shitton of fundies (like the Duggars) always clean-shaven? :naughty: Better get to work on that beard, Smuggar! God commands it.

And all you pantsuit-wearing modern women better get back into skirts immediately. I'm looking at you, Hillary! (Man, that lady can rock a good pantsuit!)

The immodesty going on in our society is far worse than it was back when Cheers, Family Ties and The Cosby Show was playing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers, Family Ties and The Cosby Show must have been pretty bad, what with all those bad sweater vests (that provided full coverage) and the Mom Jeans. :dance: Next, these guys will be talking about how scandalous Elvis' hip-swiveling dances are.

I brought up androgyny and how many young boys are running out and doing the metrosexual thing with the skinny pants and the little fairy shoes. They’re working on the gender blender for themselves and they don’t want to look like a man and God is just so upset, He hates it when man are not manly in their approach.

The Gender Blender sounds like a fun ride at an amusement park. Also..."manly in their approach?" Approach to what? The "landing strip?"

I mean every form of aberrant sexuality and women’s breasts are shown in front of me almost nonstop for fourteen hours. It’s just such an oppressive, horrible, horrible world and so many of our young girls in our Christian churches are running down to Wal-Mart and buying the same clothes.

This poor, poor pastor, mightily assailed by tons of breastessesses on the telly on that flight from Hell (er...Australia). Christians are truly oppressed. Someone should start a fund or something.

[ETA]

This guy gives us a three 'fer. First, he disses metrosexual fashions. Um....-really-?!? "Little Fairy shoes?" Can these people be even more insulting and idiotic?

Oh, and don't forget to grow out your manly man beards! If God commands men to have beards of Biblical Prophet Proportions, why are a shitton of fundies (like the Duggars) always clean-shaven? :naughty: Better get to work on that beard, Smuggar! God commands it.

The Gender Blender sounds like a fun ride at an amusement park. Also..."manly in their approach?" Approach to what? The "landing strip?" ...

First of all, thanks for this takedown. You had me giggling aloud.

Secondly, I particularly enjoyed the quoted excerpts. I can only say, this dude has obviously never visited Montreal, where, at the moment, skinny pants, "little fairy shoes," (I assume this refers to anything more trendy than giant orthopedic or running shoes), accompanied by full beards and flowing locks, are de rigeur for the typical stylish male ;). Oh, in summer, the pants may be swapped out for shorts and a drapey tank...all the better for the ladies to ogle one's muscles and offset the thermal discomfort of maintaining that full beard in the heat!

They’re working on the gender blender for themselves

Where can I buy a gender blender? Is it in the same aisle as the toaster-husbands?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/swanson-links-gay-kiss-and-women-wearing-hats-and-pants-colorado-forest-fires

In which two fundie pastors blame the recent Colorado wildfires on a range of usual suspects: liberal abortion laws, their State House Majority Leader kissing his partner in public (ZOMG!!111), metrosexual fashions, and women wearing pantsuits. It's the judgment of God, y'all!!

Here are some particularly snarkworthy highlights:

Because women's breasts are just totes the worst kind of "aberrant sexuality."

And all you pantsuit-wearing modern women better get back into skirts immediately. I'm looking at you, Hillary! (Man, that lady can rock a good pantsuit!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers, Family Ties and The Cosby Show must have been pretty bad, what with all those bad sweater vests (that provided full coverage) and the Mom Jeans. :dance: Next, these guys will be talking about how scandalous Elvis' hip-swiveling dances are.

The Gender Blender sounds like a fun ride at an amusement park. Also..."manly in their approach?" Approach to what? The "landing strip?"

This poor, poor pastor, mightily assailed by tons of breastessesses on the telly on that flight from Hell (er...Australia). Christians are truly oppressed. Someone should start a fund or something.

[ETA]

This had me laughing out loud. Hubs is looking at me funny.

Geez, dude! It's not it's required for one to snoop at others' screens on the plane. One could easily mind his own business and read a book or something. FFS! Get over your persecuted self.

I'm sitting on my deck only 20 miles north of the fire zone. For days we had air too smoky to go outside or open a window, but now it's cooler and gorgeous and the air is clean from last night's rain. Guess that means God's cool with us now, right?

She sure is a fickle higher power, isn't she?

Meanwhile, San Francisco is having their Pride weekend, complete with same sex marriages, yet the earthquake faults in the area are quiet.

Wildfires occurred before gay marriage. They'll continue long after gay marriage is legalized. They'll continue even if the area comes under strict religious rule that bans homosexual activity outright. Natural disasters are natural. I believe that if a higher being has influences over a natural disaster, it's more likely a test of faith than a raining down of punishment. Mostly because I like the idea of a more loving God than an angry, vengeful God.

Wildfires occurred before gay marriage. They'll continue long after gay marriage is legalized. They'll continue even if the area comes under strict religious rule that bans homosexual activity outright. Natural disasters are natural. I believe that if a higher being has influences over a natural disaster, it's more likely a test of faith than a raining down of punishment. Mostly because I like the idea of a more loving God than an angry, vengeful God.

Plus, if natural disasters were punishment for specific sins, there'd be a correlation between them and those sins. They wouldn't just happen at random like they do.

If they're going to use the rationale that God's wrath brings down destruction, why do they ever not hypothesize that maybe, just maybe, God's wrath is being directed at the ultra conservative nut jobs taking his message in vain. Maybe God is mad at THEM. Hmmmm?

You know the way of this: When ‘God strikes’ a politically liberal area with natural disasters, then liberals are to blame, and when ‘God strikes’ a politically conservative area with natural disasters, then…uh…liberals are still to blame.

Apparently God is an exceptionally poor shot.

How convenient for Swanson that he has developed a worldview where (a) he can get away with making stupid claims like the above because none of his fans expect a ‘Man of God’ to show his work, and (b) everything that goes wrong, ever, is the fault of political rivals.

I mean every form of aberrant sexuality and women’s breasts are shown in front of me almost nonstop for fourteen hours. It’s just such an oppressive, horrible, horrible world and so many of our young girls in our Christian churches are running down to Wal-Mart and buying the same clothes.

…because God can find nothing more deserving of wrath than an excess of naked flesh on television, homosexuality, or women in pant-suits.

Silly heathens may think God would be more concerned with items such as cruelty, famine, and conspicuous waste, but Swanson and his ideological bed-buddies know better: God actually cares more about how people dress or wear their hair than about, say, slowing the spread of HIV in Africa (or helping to fund the distribution of the cocktail that would help people with the condition live long enough, hopefully, to raise their children to adulthood).

Swanson’s entire show is one long example of someone focusing on minor bullshit at the expense of dealing with major social problems. In fact, Swanson’s tunnel vision is so severe I’m sure he actually believes televised nudity is more harmful than the demented xenophobia he and his fellow Dominionists promote.

… and God is just so upset…

…because God’s dislikes align so perfectly with Swanson’s own prejudices.

Let's see. People looking at tits are a bigger problem than EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS WRONG IN THE WORLD. Right.

Silly me, I thought wildfires were started because of climate and types of plant life. There are plants out there that need fire to reproduce at all. Fire can clear the way to give the local plant life, and hence the animals, a boost. As far as I can see the only problem is that we are in the middle of all those flammable plants and trees and whatnot. I include myself in that "we"; a large lightning-caused fire came way too close to my area in 2007. Waaaaaay too close. Truly scary stuff, wildfires.

The part of that which would probably horrify the fundies the most? The head of the entire firefighting effort for that fire? WAS A WOMAN. And that's a job you work your way up the ranks to get. OMG, a female firefighter! God's gonna get us!!!!

I wonder what (in their minds) caused the well in a town in NM to dry up. That city has no municipal water right now. They get 5 gallons of non potable water and 2 liters of drinking water per person per day. That water has to be used to flush toilets, cook, bath exc. These people are suffering with record high temperatures. I am sure there was no group sin in that town.

Hats on women are feminist? Does he realize that women have been wearing hats for centuries? And why are hats suspect, when fundy women are trying to make themselves holier by wearing headcoverings? Aren't hats a type of headcovering?

I am a lot more comfortable with a man who will pass a 14 hour flight looking at tits than one who thinks the woman sitting next to him in the pantsuit is bringing the judgment of God down on the world.

Hats on women are feminist? Does he realize that women have been wearing hats for centuries? And why are hats suspect, when fundy women are trying to make themselves holier by wearing headcoverings? Aren't hats a type of headcovering?

I have to agree because of all the dumb things that were said, that has to be one of the dumbest.

This whole rant gives me an image of God as this prissy little fashion designer. It's hilarious.

Makes me think of Malik So Chic

0394b4b4.jpg

Archived