IGNORED

Nigella Lawson choked in public by her husband, no one cares

ladyaudley

The mudslinging begins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25216157

Charles Saatchi 'made threat to destroy' Nigella Lawson

TV cook and author Nigella Lawson has told a court her ex-husband Charles Saatchi threatened to "destroy" her with "false" allegations of drug use.

She said he made the threat after she had shown reluctance to give evidence at the trial of her assistants, sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo.

The Italian sisters deny fraud.

Isleworth Crown Court has been told by their defence they were allowed to spend on credit cards by Ms Lawson in return for covering up her cocaine use.

She said that the allegations that have been made about her at the trial had followed "a long summer of bullying and abuse" from her then husband, to whom she referred as "Mr Saatchi" while giving evidence.

"I have been put on trial here where I am called to answer, and glad to answer the allegations, and [in] the world's press," she said.

Ms Lawson said she had been reluctant to give evidence in the trial, which had provoked an angry reaction from Mr Saatchi.

"He had said to me if I didn't get back to him and clear his name, he would destroy me," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25218617

TV cook Nigella Lawson has admitted taking cocaine, but denies having a drug problem or being an addict.

She said she had first taken the drug with her late husband John Diamond when he was terminally ill.

Ms Lawson said she took it again in July 2010 when she said she was being "subjected to intimate terrorism" by her ex-husband, Charles Saatchi.

She made the admission at the trial at Isleworth Crown Court of her former assistants, who deny fraud.

Francesca and Elisabetta Grillos' defence claims Ms Lawson allowed them spend on credit cards in return for covering up her drug use.

Ms Lawson, 53, said she took cocaine with Mr Diamond on six occasions, after he found out his cancer was terminal.

"It gave him some escape," she said.

I'm not interested in her drug habits to be perfectly honest. She seems to have no problem with admitting her past. It just appears to me that Saatchi is one very bitter and twisted man.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Mr. Saatchi needs to start a "Burned by Nigella" blog.

Well, it seems to work for some folks. :shrug:

Oh gosh, that just turned my stomach. :cry:

Why did no one step in and tell that abusive prick to knock it off? I guess because it's a "private" matter, and no one wants to get involved...outside of snapping pics, of course.

Poor woman.

It stopped being a private matter when her husband choked her in public. Where I come from, men who see another man abusing a woman will gang up and beat the shit out of him while others call the police. No condoning that, just stating a fact

I had a friend who was having an affair with another man, and had moved in with him after telling her husband. A group of us were at a Super Bowl party over there, and her husband showed up. Keeping in mind my husband was only there with me because she was a childhood friend of mine, and a few of the other men that were there were the +1's of her friends, when we heard a hard thump in the hall where they were talking EVERY single man there went to investigate. That's just the way we roll I guess :shrug:

ETA My inner redneck came out & the less said about that the better :whistle:

Archived