IGNORED

Girl Rising on CNN

FakePigtails

I probably will try to catch it at midnight. It sounds interesting. It's too bad that there is such a wealth of worthy things on TV tonight. To Kill a Mockingbird is on TCM at the moment with Life With Father afterwards at 10:15 and The Kid at 12:15 or so for Silent Sunday Nights. Mad Men comes on at 10. I'll probably watch that and catch the rest of Life With Father at 11:05.

Yes, they are. The lengths they were willing to go to and the systems they had to circumvent? Those are the things that fundies are trying to volunteer us for.

Trust the men, the system, and God, because it obviously works so well for all those places that have those types of conditions on women. :evil-eye:

if you can find it,I strongly recommend the Time For School series shown on PBS. Children in Afghanistan, Benin, Brazil, Japan, Kenya, Romania are revisited over a several year period as they attend -or try to attend school- in their respective countries.

I can't help but think about the Duggar girls. If it weren't the fact that child brides are illegal in the US and that you have to go to school until 16, I can see JimBob marrying off his girls earlier. He would definitely be the one to do an arranged marriage.

The Duggar girls are pretty much living like the Afghan girl...being encouraged to be a wife and mother and nothing else. Education isn't as important as learning how to be a good mother and wife. The women are taught to be servants to their men. They aren't encouraged to have a career. They may living in better conditions, but they have very little to look forward to. I wish the girls from the documentary would talk to the Duggar girls and tell them to not let their gender define their roles in life.

I skipped the premiere of Breaking Amish to watch the last hour of the documentary ( I watched the rerun of the episode later on ). The girls from the documentary deserve more attention than the a**holes from Breaking Amish. The cast from BA complain how hard it is for them; they wouldn't last a day in the countries these girls come from.

P.S. Did anyone else like how Liam Neeson was the main narrator of the film. I just love his accent. :D :)

honestly, I prefer the Half the Sky series or the to Educate a Girl episodes. this is a bit purple and verbose to me.

can not possibly compare jessa blessa duggar and her 300 dollar cameras to a child bride in Afghanistan. just no.

honestly, I prefer the Half the Sky series or the to Educate a Girl episodes. this is a bit purple and verbose to me.

can not possibly compare jessa blessa duggar and her 300 dollar cameras to a child bride in Afghanistan. just no.

Alright, I admit it might be a bit much to compare the JSlaves to a child bride in Afghanistan. I only said it because I thought how the JSlaves are basically taught to be nothing but good wives and mothers and that's it, just like the girl in Afghanistan. But yea, sorry if I made you angry by comparing the JSlaves to the child bride.

Archived