IGNORED

Man reports prostitute...for not being attractive enough

moodygirl86

I agree; although I doubt it was meant that way, that was one of the unrecognized messages in the comparison of those two women.

On a related note, a lot of older prostitutes are worn out by the amount of physical pressure to which they're exposed nightly (not to mention the unsanitary people and conditions they endure). Johns seem to forget these are people - people who normally wouldn't sleep with men like this if they weren't being driven by some other need.

(As an aside to Artemis: I'm as ugly as a mule's ass - no; it's actually quite true - and the occasional guy still hits on me - usually after he watches me do something that causes him to adjust his opinion. Far more than once, I've received that backhanded compliment from both men and women: "I underestimated you." Thanks...I think. Anyway, for every woman out there, there is at least one accessible man who would like to go out with her because he likes her - he may even like things about her that turn other people off. It's a whole other discussion - this belief that woman over 40 are more likely to, say, die in a terrorist attack than end up in a long-term relationship.)

I hope the idiot in the story does jail time. Stupid asshole.

I'm generally uncomfortable when an actual person's photo is used as an example of unattractiveness. (I'm remembering the young Sikh woman who learned that her photo was being mocked on Reddit because of her facial hair, who handled public ridicule a lot more gracefully than I would have.)

And I agree with you, too, Burris, that attraction to someone is a curious thing that doesn't require consensus, and that can incorporate elements that a photo doesn't show. I am not generally recognized as attractive, but the people I've dated have found things to like about me!

Archived