IGNORED

Man reports prostitute...for not being attractive enough

moodygirl86

I'm ashamed to say that I'm laughing in disbelief at his cheek. He says, "She thinks I owe her a living". That's rich coming from the man who thinks he's entitled to a woman's body!

He ought to be sentenced to the six months' imprisonment just for his bloody stupidity in ringing 999 to admit he's doing something illegal.

What the actual fuck?

And. . . .he actually has a supporter in the comments (who I hope is trolling/joking, but you never know!):

I can totally understand this guy as I have experienced the exact same thing at least three times. It is so irritating to take the time to go and meet a "working lady" at a distance location and then find out she is a two bagger.

Hey, Stinking Lousewife, Lori and Sunshine Mary, I found a new friend for you!

And. . . .he actually has a supporter in the comments (who I hope is trolling/joking, but you never know!):

Hey, Stinking Lousewife, Lori and Sunshine Mary, I found a new friend for you!

I would have said trolling, but the story which has prompted his comment in the first place proves that any level of insane is possible...

Bwah!

I bet he thought he'd get this:

pic-main-prettywoman.jpg

And instead he got this:

Patty.jpg

For some reason I find this post deeply troubling. i'm going to try to explain why.

I understand that you are saying that the man who called to complain about the prostitute thought he would be buying a young, nubile female, and instead may have met someone he didn't find attractive because she was older. So far, so plain comment.

But as an older woman myself, and a happily sexually active one, I am sad that you have made the man's presumed issue explicit as one of age vs youth in the pictures you've posted.

Because by doing so, you have explicitly shown to what extent you yourself have internalised the male idea that 'young = attractive and sexy' and 'older = not capable of being sexually attractive/not worthy to be sexually active or thought attractive', and what that shows is, to be honest, a rather sad attitude to female sexuality. You see, you have stated visually that you think that the woman in the second photo would be sexually unworthy because she is older, which does rather argue that your understanding of female sexuality, including your own sexuality, is conditioned by male expectation, not by your own sense of self worth and understanding about your body, what it can do, and how it can pleasure and be pleasured.

Your rendition of 'man finds woman sexually unworthy THEREFORE she must be older' does not augur well for your own ability to see yourself as sexually attractive when you age. Being a sexy woman is more about being confident in your own ability to give and receive pleasure than about being young.

Quite possibly, if you were a man taking both of those two women to bed, you might have a more exciting sexual experience wth the second than the first. It's actually not about what you have. It's about what you do with it.

I find your post sad because it appears to show disrespect to the woman in your second photograph. When you are her age, and, hopefully, sexually mature, experienced and bloody sexy at fifty because of your confidence, chutzpah and sexual skill, how would you feel if you saw your photograph displayed, by another woman, as an example of what no man could want because of the lines experience has written on your face, the stretch marks pregnancy has silvered on your belly, and the softness breastfeeding a child has given to your breasts?

We are sisters. Let's not buy into allowing males to define us, limit us, and tell us when we are, or are not sexy.

For some reason I find this post deeply troubling. i'm going to try to explain why.

I understand that you are saying that the man who called to complain about the prostitute thought he would be buying a young, nubile female, and instead may have met someone he didn't find attractive because she was older. So far, so plain comment.

But as an older woman myself, and a happily sexually active one, I am sad that you have made the man's presumed issue explicit as one of age vs youth in the pictures you've posted.

Because by doing so, you have explicitly shown to what extent you yourself have internalised the male idea that 'young = attractive and sexy' and 'older = not capable of being sexually attractive/not worthy to be sexually active or thought attractive', and what that shows is, to be honest, a rather sad attitude to female sexuality. You see, you have stated visually that you think that the woman in the second photo would be sexually unworthy because she is older, which does rather argue that your understanding of female sexuality, including your own sexuality, is conditioned by male expectation, not by your own sense of self worth and understanding about your body, what it can do, and how it can pleasure and be pleasured.

Your rendition of 'man finds woman sexually unworthy THEREFORE she must be older' does not augur well for your own ability to see yourself as sexually attractive when you age. Being a sexy woman is more about being confident in your own ability to give and receive pleasure than about being young.

Quite possibly, if you were a man taking both of those two women to bed, you might have a more exciting sexual experience wth the second than the first. It's actually not about what you have. It's about what you do with it.

I find your post sad because it appears to show disrespect to the woman in your second photograph. When you are her age, and, hopefully, sexually mature, experienced and bloody sexy at fifty because of your confidence, chutzpah and sexual skill, how would you feel if you saw your photograph displayed, by another woman, as an example of what no man could want because of the lines experience has written on your face, the stretch marks pregnancy has silvered on your belly, and the softness breastfeeding a child has given to your breasts?

We are sisters. Let's not buy into allowing males to define us, limit us, and tell us when we are, or are not sexy.

Well, excuse the fuck out of me.

Well, excuse the fuck out of me.

Artemis, I'm not stupid. I know damn well that we often let men define what is sexy, but sexy is so much more than youth, a pair of perky tits and a non-sagging behind. It's our essence, our minds, our souls. My post was trying to show how some men think-not how I think. I was actually making fun of men with this type of thinking, not the lady in the photo (BTW this photo is a still of Patty the daytime hooker from the sitcom "My Name is Earl") I am very well aware that an older woman can know a thing or two about some serious fun between the sheets. I know young men who are nuts over older women like Susan Sarandon and Dame Helen Mirren and don't see the appeal of young starlets. Sure, both ladies are attractive, but it is their wisdom, talent, humor, etc that truly make them sexy.

And let's not forget that "Pretty Woman" is a bullshit movie that did not show what prostitution is truly like. But maybe I don't like this movie because Julia Roberts works my last nerve.

GolightlyGrrl, I think your hatred of Pretty Woman may be because it's outlandishly sexist and filled with stupidity. According to the film, prostitution reduces your intellectual capacity to that of an eight year old, and you should be grateful when an adult man simultaneously insults and takes charge of you. HMM OH YEAH

I read your comment as being "This man wanted a plastic figure and instead he got a real woman, which he wasn't prepared for." It doesn't say your second image is unattractive at all, but laughs at the stupidity of the man who thought he was getting a compliant Julia Roberts and actually got someone radically different yet human and female (which is what he was paying for). It's laughing at his expectations, not laughing at the sex worker.

A couple of years ago a sex worker was murdered by a client in Melbourne. She was 65 at the time & apparently very popular with footballers. I'd say there are probably lots of women over the age of 50 who work in that industry.

It seems that this creep wanted a pretty 18yr old.

When I read GolighgtlyGrrl's post I saw the characters each woman portrayed-Pretty Woman and Daytime Hooker...and that was funny.

And for all we know this douche could have gotten a pretty 18 yr old-mabey he wanted a red-head and she was a brunette.

I recently ordered some books from Amazon - one of which arrived and was the wrong one, the other seller hasn't shipped it yet. Shall I call the cops...? Nooo, on second thoughts, I think I'll take it up directly with Amazon themselves, and just ask for a refund if I have to! And by the way, Mister Entitled, I'm talking about inanimate objects here, not a human being.

GolightlyGrrl, I think your hatred of Pretty Woman may be because it's outlandishly sexist and filled with stupidity. According to the film, prostitution reduces your intellectual capacity to that of an eight year old, and you should be grateful when an adult man simultaneously insults and takes charge of you. HMM OH YEAH

I read your comment as being "This man wanted a plastic figure and instead he got a real woman, which he wasn't prepared for." It doesn't say your second image is unattractive at all, but laughs at the stupidity of the man who thought he was getting a compliant Julia Roberts and actually got someone radically different yet human and female (which is what he was paying for). It's laughing at his expectations, not laughing at the sex worker.

This exactly. You totally get what I was trying to say in my picture post.

As for "Pretty Woman"-oy, I hate that movie so much and not because I'm not a Julia Roberts fan. My faves like Julianne Moore or Kate Winslet could have starred in it and I'd being thinking, "Why are you slumming?"

I'm going to put this right above the woman who called 911 because McDonald's was out of McNuggets

• 1 year later...

Bumping because I've just read about a similar but worse case in China...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/09/woman-bea ... s-5055474/

What a scumbag he is! And why was the woman he assaulted, arrested along with him??? I'm glad our UK cops have the power to press charges even if the victim doesn't ask - though this doesn't always happen.

I agree; although I doubt it was meant that way, that was one of the unrecognized messages in the comparison of those two women.

On a related note, a lot of older prostitutes are worn out by the amount of physical pressure to which they're exposed nightly (not to mention the unsanitary people and conditions they endure). Johns seem to forget these are people - people who normally wouldn't sleep with men like this if they weren't being driven by some other need.

(As an aside to Artemis: I'm as ugly as a mule's ass - no; it's actually quite true - and the occasional guy still hits on me - usually after he watches me do something that causes him to adjust his opinion. Far more than once, I've received that backhanded compliment from both men and women: "I underestimated you." Thanks...I think. Anyway, for every woman out there, there is at least one accessible man who would like to go out with her because he likes her - he may even like things about her that turn other people off. It's a whole other discussion - this belief that woman over 40 are more likely to, say, die in a terrorist attack than end up in a long-term relationship.)

I hope the idiot in the story does jail time. Stupid asshole.

I agree; although I doubt it was meant that way, that was one of the unrecognized messages in the comparison of those two women.

On a related note, a lot of older prostitutes are worn out by the amount of physical pressure to which they're exposed nightly (not to mention the unsanitary people and conditions they endure). Johns seem to forget these are people - people who normally wouldn't sleep with men like this if they weren't being driven by some other need.

(As an aside to Artemis: I'm as ugly as a mule's ass - no; it's actually quite true - and the occasional guy still hits on me - usually after he watches me do something that causes him to adjust his opinion. Far more than once, I've received that backhanded compliment from both men and women: "I underestimated you." Thanks...I think. Anyway, for every woman out there, there is at least one accessible man who would like to go out with her because he likes her - he may even like things about her that turn other people off. It's a whole other discussion - this belief that woman over 40 are more likely to, say, die in a terrorist attack than end up in a long-term relationship.)

Burris, I met my childhood best friend on the kindergarten school bus. We were both being rebelious by sitting on the boys side. I never noticed her crossed eyes or terrible acne as a teen or thought anything negative about her looks. We ran amuck through the woods read and discussed faveorite books, I was able to procure trashy romance novels that set her mom in a tizzy when discoverd! We tried smoking stolen stale cigars in the woods(gross) we battled the bully boys of the neighborhood together and wrapped dog poop to look like a present and slyly left it in the mailbox.we both had rough family lives and a miserable time at school and stuck together. In my early twenties I wanted to set her up with a friend of my boyfriend at the time, he gave me this look and said "no way!" It honestly took me a minute to understand why. I think many people would of evaluated her looks the same way. I just never saw her that way. I always saw her as the smart accomplished person she is. That boyfriend did not last long.

At least people in the resteraunt stopped that man. That is a horrible story, what kind of nut invests so much in a stranger, based off of looks? That is so creepy, it makes me shiver. At least she found out right away what a creep he was and did not end up in a relationship with him.

I've never yet seen one person in my 40 years on earth who did not have ANY beauty whatsoever. Eyes that you could get lost in, soft and shiny hair, smooth skin, a pretty laugh, a smile that could light up a room, a heart that explodes with love ... we all have something that makes us uniquely beautiful in our own ways. You don't have to look like (name your favorite starlet) for your beauty to shine. You just have to be you. Those who don't or can't appreciate it are those who are truly missing out.

I've never yet seen one person in my 40 years on earth who did not have ANY beauty whatsoever. Eyes that you could get lost in, soft and shiny hair, smooth skin, a pretty laugh, a smile that could light up a room, a heart that explodes with love ... we all have something that makes us uniquely beautiful in our own ways. You don't have to look like (name your favorite starlet) for your beauty to shine. You just have to be you. Those who don't or can't appreciate it are those who are truly missing out.

Oh, I'm happily married and have been for a long time. My husband compliments me and of course I appreciate it - but I am indeed one of humanity's more unattractive specimens :D.

My point is that for all the dumb comments people such as the "man" in the original article may make about women who lack in conventional beauty (or who are simply older), there are far more men who have long since grown past judging a woman's worth by her looks.

Archived