IGNORED

For the Fashion-Forward Christian

Phillymama

I'm very confused by some of the pictures...the outfits superimposed over random scenery is a bit odd. I'm not going to lie, though...some of the pieces appeal very much to the earthy, green & crunchy boho-gal in me... 8-)

The link isn't working for me.

Try this one: christianmodesty.polyvore.com

For newbies or low frequency posters, please just remove the http part and don't put in dot or spaces. It makes it easier to copy and paste.

This is a joke, right? Surely no one actually thinks summer wear = being covered head-to-toe in denim. Oh, and how am I supposed to wear a science-botching anti-abortion image macro? Do I print it off and stick it on my forehead?

I was looking for a perfect avatar for this site, now I've found some! The dress 'shopped to be longer is my favourite, since it was clearly below the knee to begin with. Hide those scandalous shins!

Damn. Some of the long denim skirts and plaid tops combos I would actually wear, minus the headcovering and the long-sleeved shirt underneath.

What's funny is that I see ladies at our UU wearing very similar long skirts and tops. They aren't headcovering or wearing turtlenecks with them, but the clothing is similar. However, our UU ladies will breastfeed their babies during service and won't bother with a giant cape covering baby. :)

I like many of those outfits, since I tend to be a pretty conservative dresser anyway (not because of conviction-- I'm a fashion idiot and conservative is easier than daring :lol: ), and I'm positively in lust with many of those boots. But the kapp has to go. What denom is this girl? Between the cape dresses, prairie moderns, kapps and the tichels, I'm getting confuzzled.

So I hovered over some of the pics of hairstyles further down the page....one of the pics is Piper from Charmed (gasp! a witch!) and another is from a tumbler called fuckyeahredhair (or something like that). Such language for a fundie girl! :lol:

Who really has special stormy day clothes?! It didn't even have a raincoat or umbrella.

Who really has special stormy day clothes?! It didn't even have a raincoat or umbrella.

You mean you don't wake up and think, "Oh, it's a stormy day! I better get out my Super Special Stormy Day Outfit!" :lol:

I guess if you're a SAHD you don't actually need a raincoat or umbrella. You just don't leave the house that day.

I'm very confused by some of the pictures...the outfits superimposed over random scenery is a bit odd. I'm not going to lie, though...some of the pieces appeal very much to the earthy, green & crunchy boho-gal in me... 8-)

i think they are trying to be pinterest-y, similar to this:

tumblr_m5a6vgHCGq1rtfoz0o1_500.jpg

It's in the bible:

A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day. – Proverbs 27:15

She needs to wear a special dress to quarrel on rainy days (or something like that)

Well apparently you just wear the same outfit as all the previous except you put an apron on? Maybe they use rainmates. I love me a good rainmate. Makes for amazing birthday presents for the newly elderly. A staple gift with an inflatable zimmer.

See the Easter outfit? Do you get a free huge cross?

Sorry would not be seen dead in any of those floral feckin Nellie Olsen jobs. The winter one and christmas one would just about be ok, after I cut 20 inches of the skirt :D

This is a joke, right? Surely no one actually thinks summer wear = being covered head-to-toe in denim. Oh, and how am I supposed to wear a science-botching anti-abortion image macro? Do I print it off and stick it on my forehead?

Surely it's a joke!

I'm quite sure Lady Lydia has frocks in dark blue and charcoal grey fleece that she save to wear at her stormy day tea parties.

Seems a bit obsessed with kapps as of late. I thought some of the shirts were surprisingly low cut.

The skirts all seem to be for tall skinny gals, someone should do a similar blog for "Short, Fat and Frumpy".

i think they are trying to be pinterest-y, similar to this:

tumblr_m5a6vgHCGq1rtfoz0o1_500.jpg

see, how awesome would the j'slaves look in outfits like these?!

man, i wish there'd be a tv show called Breaking Duggar, instead of Faking Armish.

Lady Lydia. She would also hold a tea in honor of the special stormy day and get some crap at the dollar store to commemorate the monsoon.

Lady Lydia. She would also hold a tea in honor of the special stormy day and get some crap at the dollar store to commemorate the monsoon.

Never forget the fog-fest of 2013. Never!

I actually think many of these are really pretty, at least compared to the "lovely modest outfit"(bright turqouise shirt and skirt, about as flatteringly cut as a potato bag, combined with pink ballet flats) I recently saw. I would actually wear most of these(minus the headcoverings).

I would not do long sleeves or heavy-weight denim for hot weather. And my standard rainy day outfit involves a raincoat, a skirt short enough to be covered by the raincoat, and tights that will dry quickly when they inevitably get wet. But I do wear a lot of what might be termed "Quaker colors"; many of the less costume-y (non-prairie dress) items she has selected wouldn't look out of place in my closet.

A number of the dresses and coats look much closer cut through the arms and ribs than things I've seen marketed as "modest clothing." Less ease in the bust, certainly.

Archived