IGNORED

unmarried sex is the equivalent of drinking spit

Phukktifano

Arghhhh! I teach in the district next to Davidson. If that presentation comes to my school I will pitch a fit!

If swapping spit is the grossest sex act they can think of, I'm glad I didn't marry them.

If swapping spit is the grossest sex act they can think of, I'm glad I didn't marry them.

Thanks. I just laughed my arse off. :lol:

Arghhhh! I teach in the district next to Davidson. If that presentation comes to my school I will pitch a fit!

You must not be terribly far from me. I'm in Sumner County. (Lucky, lucky me.) I will be signing no permission slips for this kind of bs. (And I read this article the other day when it was in The Tennessean. I should've brought it here, didn't think.

I sure as hell didn't have a hard time breaking an emotional bond with an ex-boyfriend who cheated on me. That broke any emotional attachment I had, and I kicked his sorry ass to the curb (figuratively speaking of course). I got over it and moved on. So tell me again how a woman can't break an emotional bond with man she's had sex with? Oh, and the spit thing. What does she think happens when people kiss each other? They swap spit. Bad analogy there. And if she thinks that kids and young adults are going to be too grossed out by her speech to have sex, she's delusional as are the jackasses behind shame based sex-ed.

Just what kind of laws does Tennessee have about this thing? Can you just go in and say whatever you want and if you mention Jesus enough it's cool?

On a serious note, I think abstinence-only sex ed should be a crime. That kind of bullshit could get you dead, or pregnant. Why on earth are grown-ass adults allowed to teach such grossly irresponsible material in the name of morals? We give more balanced views for driving or voting or food choice, sex should be no different. :angry-banghead:

So, I'm in Aus. Anything with any religious connotations taught by an outside entity results in a permission slip to sign. Even the class nativity play neede explicit permission. Is it the same there? Or can they just drag anyone in to preach at kids?

vo7o-Qd_fkE Why sex before marriage is important. Sorry guys. I can't always take these fuckers seriously. This is a little something to ease the tension here : )

Um, I had this friend back in high school, his brother was 24 when he had his first sexual relationship with a woman that he married in like, a month or something... and the marriage was sucky and he regretted never having sex with other women so he kept scolding and shaming us, esp his sisters with a really stupid comparison, which was like, a woman is like a can of yoghurt on the shelf, once it's lid is removed everyone that passes by sticks their tongue inside that open container and no one will want to buy it eventually. (Long sentence, sorry.) These comparisons bleed from so many wounds that I cannot take them seriously. That man I knew was clearly speaking out of jealousy. Who would listen to a person that's clearly miserable and jealous?!

Just what kind of laws does Tennessee have about this thing? Can you just go in and say whatever you want and if you mention Jesus enough it's cool?

On a serious note, I think abstinence-only sex ed should be a crime. That kind of bullshit could get you dead, or pregnant. Why on earth are grown-ass adults allowed to teach such grossly irresponsible material in the name of morals? We give more balanced views for driving or voting or food choice, sex should be no different. :angry-banghead:

Not sure what the TN laws are, but I do know that in many areas in the Bible Belt teach only shame based, abstinence only sex ed. In my state shame based sex ed is the only kind. And you right, that kind of education can kill and cause unwanted pregnancies. But, it's ironic that states that use that kind of sex ed have higher rates of teen pregnancies, STDs, HIV/AIDS, and abortions. How is this even remotely pro-life? :roll: :?

On a further serious note (AVENues can lighten things up again after) I know a fundie woman who was so brainwashed by all the sex-is-bad stuff that after she got married she had panic attacks when her hubby came anywhere near her. She ended up in therapy for months. It was so bad that the psych thought she had been sexually abused and was repressing it. She has two lovely children now but still doesn't understand how sex can be fun and enjoyable. Sad.

It's so sad that these women are taught not to enjoy sex even if they do decide to wait until marriage.

On a further serious note (AVENues can lighten things up again after) I know a fundie woman who was so brainwashed by all the sex-is-bad stuff that after she got married she had panic attacks when her hubby came anywhere near her. She ended up in therapy for months. It was so bad that the psych thought she had been sexually abused and was repressing it. She has two lovely children now but still doesn't understand how sex can be fun and enjoyable. Sad.

Libby at Love Joy Feminism writes a lot about this. It sounds very common.

So, I'm in Aus. Anything with any religious connotations taught by an outside entity results in a permission slip to sign. Even the class nativity play neede explicit permission. Is it the same there? Or can they just drag anyone in to preach at kids?

There's way way less in the US than Australia. No nativity play, no Christmas at school at all, no government funding of private schools because they may mention religion. Certainly none of this http://www.notochaplains.org/ .That's notto say the fundies don't tryreally really really hard, but it's explicitly prohibited in the constitution.

Tim Minchin has a piece on this... http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OuHiIrfL ... uHiIrfLVrQ

I don't understand why if there is to be no mention of religion and no nativity, no Christmas they can get away with this shit. That is seriously dangerous teaching.

So basically if what others are saying is true and it happens regularly in some states under the guise of 'sex ed' then religion is far more prevalent than the UK where Church schools are the norm?

Crazy :cray-cray:

unmarried sex is the equivalent of drinking spit

IF this were true, drinking spit would be so popular that convenience stores would carry bottles of it.

IF this were true, drinking spit would be so popular that convenience stores would carry bottles of it.

Cola now with 50% more backwash!

There's way way less in the US than Australia. No nativity play, no Christmas at school at all, no government funding of private schools because they may mention religion. Certainly none of this http://www.notochaplains.org/ .That's notto say the fundies don't tryreally really really hard, but it's explicitly prohibited in the constitution.

Tim Minchin has a piece on this... http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OuHiIrfL ... uHiIrfLVrQ

I love me some Tim Minchin.

So back on track, they sneak the religion in covertly by offering to do sex ed then making it all about abstinence? No hellfire and brimstone, but STD's instead?

Bingo. "All so-called safe-sex methods have error rates. The only way to be totally safe is to not have sex."

Archived