IGNORED

A Betrothal on Shofar Mountain

GeoBQn

Naomi at Everyday Set-Apart (discussed here:http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14440&hilit=sew+hebrew) had a betrothal ceremony this month at a place called Shofar Mountain.

everydayset-apart.weebly.com/1/post/2013/05/what-is-betrothal.html

everydayset-apart.weebly.com/1/post/2013/05/adventures-of-shofar-mountain.html

During the ceremony, Naomi got legally married to her husband, Joe, but they will not see each other until September, when Joe's daddy says they can finally have a wedding. In the meantime, she is still living with her parents and the only contact she and her husband have is through letters.

According to their website, Shofar Mountain is a "[four-letter name of G-d]-centered off-grid community."

shofarmountain.com

I had not seen this blog before. Interesting betrothal custom. So they are Jewish, but there's a whole list of being a better Christian resource page? That seems odd (to me, but I certainly could be missing something). Also, the resources on femininity, yuck, Debbie Perl and Sarah Mally.

They are not Jewish. They are Christians who appropriate Jewish rituals so that they can be "special snowflakes."

They also (from a much earlier entry) think C.S. Lewis's writings are no good, for Christian kiddos. SRSLY.

I have no objection to Christians following Old Testament law. I don't think they have to, but they are free to do so. But why all the deception around the fact that they are Christians? It's so ridiculous.

I have no objection to Christians following Old Testament law. I don't think they have to, but they are free to do so. But why all the deception around the fact that they are Christians? It's so ridiculous.

And some faux-jews do jewish customs that aren't even related to the bible, it's rules passed down by rabbis. Which is fine if you are Jewish, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of what these "messianic jews" are trying to get at? At being more biblical? smh

Never mind the fact that the majority of their practises aren't found anywhere in the books of (the thing they say they're following) but are just lifted wholesale from Jewish tradition. Cultural appropriation much?

She looks pretty young, does anyone know how old she is?

I was thinking the same thing. She looks like she's my daughters age (15).

I believe she's the eldest of the four and, according to the 'About Us' section, the youngest two are 17 and 15.

I'm guessing 20ish.

Archived