IGNORED

kelly bates mothers day...

tabitha2

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/273757/8/Mothers-Day-is-19-times-as-nice-for-Kelly-Jo-Bates

the love those kids exude for their mama is a stark contrast to the duggars when talking about michelle.

Kelly was never "focused on a career." She and Gil got married during Winter break of their senior year of college and she was knocked up with Zach almost immediately. If she had a "career," it didn't last more than 6 months.

Dang, Erin's left hand was hidden; I'm totally expecting an engagement announcement any time now. She graduated from Clown College whenever the spring term ended; what's holding them back now?

There was a rumor going around a month or two ago that Erin had another semester of college to go. She may be finishing in December/January.

I think Kelly said on their website recently that Erin wasn't graduating until December, and she and Chad would marry after that. I will give Erin credit (even though we sneer at "Clown College") for perservering when she could easily drop out & marry Chad.

Oh, and on the Paynes website you can see they visited the Bates last weekend or last week. Nothing like having 30+ chaperones on your dates with your sweetie!

Kelly was never "focused on a career." She and Gil got married during Winter break of their senior year of college and she was knocked up with Zach almost immediately. If she had a "career," it didn't last more than 6 months. Dang, Erin's left hand was hidden; I'm totally expecting an engagement announcement any time now. She graduated from Clown College whenever the spring term ended; what's holding them back now?

Someone else noticed this load of crap as well, I have pointed it out in other threads regarding the Bates. I was annoyed when none of the reporters called them on that whopper of an obvious lie. Kelly grew up with a father who was a pastor so I'm sure he just sent her to college to get a Mrs. degree, and in interviews at least she is smart enough not to admit i.

Chad posted about his birthday on May 2nd:

There are so many others that I could thank…teachers, preachers, friends, elders, peers…the list could go on forever! So many people have invested in my life! It’s almost overwhelming when you step back to think about it! But there is one person that I did want to thank. It’s a person that I have known for only a little over 3 years…but I feel like I have known her all my life… =’)…Yes…it’s Erin, the Girl of my dreams and the one that has challenged me, encouraged me, prayed for me, and loved me in a way that truly overwhelms me! God has blessed me so greatly! This was the best birthday that I have ever had! Erin was able to come and she actually really surprised me with a visit! It was a really sweet time of fellowship and fun with the family!

Sorry, but the Bates are every bit as despicable as the Duggars. They just do a better job of hiding it. I will admit, thought, that it appears Kelly is more hands on parent than Michelle Duggar, but that still doesn't make her likeable. They all share the same despicable beliefs and follow Gothard.

Chad posted about his birthday on May 2nd:

Interesting, since Erin's b-day is May 2nd. Maybe he just planned that post for her birthday to honor her, or they share the same birthday. I kinda think the "I love you day" bit was Valentine's Day and his b-day combined (not knowing when they'd get together again since she actually has a steady school schedule - although apparently not full-time if graduation has been pushed back to fall).

Bateses' birthdays. It's a TLC blog, not worried about the link; I'm actually surprised it's still there.

unitedbates.blogspot.com/p/birthdays.html

glad edit was still here: Michael (or whatever they're calling her these days) is 12 days younger than JD/Jana Duggar; Erin is basically 2 weeks older than Jill.

Amazing how this woman spit out kids no more than 16 months apart for almost 20 years and she might not be done, although the gap will be about 2 years now since our little Confedrut Jeb was born 2/12.

Do we know for sure if the Bates show is canceled? Wikipedia makes it seem like the show will have another season.

Sorry, but the Bates are every bit as despicable as the Duggars. They just do a better job of hiding it. I will admit, thought, that it appears Kelly is more hands on parent than Michelle Duggar, but that still doesn't make her likeable. They all share the same despicable beliefs and follow Gothard.

I still remember when Erin was offered a full musical scholarship but was forced to turn it down. The Bates parents later relented, in part, by letting her attend Clown College instead. Erin caught a lot of flak, here and elsewhere, for acting princessy and having an attitude. If my fondest ambition had been thwarted because I had moron parents (thankfully, I didn't) I'd grow an attitude too. I'd be even more flagrant than Erin. Being a diva has been Erin's only means of expressing herself. And I wouldn't be surprised if she's still privately bitter about the whole debacle.

Do we know for sure if the Bates show is canceled? Wikipedia makes it seem like the show will have another season.

Kelly has said in comments on their blog that the show has been cancelled.

I hate reading quotes by adults referring to their children as their 'best friend'. Children should have best friends their own age, not be an adult's best friend. You see this kind of stuff all the time in the land of child pageants.

I would agree with this. Parents are supposed to parent their kids, not be their best friend. Of course, Michelle Duggar just lets her other kids do the parenting...

I still remember when Erin was offered a full musical scholarship but was forced to turn it down. The Bates parents later relented, in part, by letting her attend Clown College instead. Erin caught a lot of flak, here and elsewhere, for acting princessy and having an attitude. If my fondest ambition had been thwarted because I had moron parents (thankfully, I didn't) I'd grow an attitude too. I'd be even more flagrant than Erin. Being a diva has been Erin's only means of expressing herself. And I wouldn't be surprised if she's still privately bitter about the whole debacle.

I suspect she has always been kind of a diva what with her looks and talent, however, I wouldn't doubt for a second that she would be bitter about being forced to turn down a full scholarship to a decent and fully accredited university by idiotic parents. I know it was portrayed as being her decision, but I highly doubt it was. Even if she was truly fearful of going to public university and sitting next to green-haired students, well, who were responsible for instilling that kind of fear in her? Yep, same idiotic parents. It may not have been overt, but keeping kids sheltered and fearful of the outside world is one way for parents like Gil and Kelly to control their kids plus limit their options in life to what the parents envision, and at the same time have the kids convinced it's what they (the kids) want.

Being that she was allowed to go to Crown indicates to me that it was some sort of compromise. However, I don't see getting a degree from a place like Crown meaning much, especially in view of the fact she could have gotten a degree from a fully accredited university. I don't usually care for Erin and her princessy attitude, but in this situation I do feel for her. Her parents preventing this opportunity for her, whether openly or manipulating any instilled fears, was just flat out wrong.

ETA: If my parents had done this to me, they would have gotten a lot more than just "attitude".

If I were Erin, I'd be bitter too, but I've always taken this " Erin was offered a full musical scholarship" statement with a grain of salt.

I have a difficult time truly believing that Erin:

1. Took the SAT or ACT (for our non-American FJers, those are the nationwide tests that most accredited colleges require for admission).

2. Applied to a college (which almost always requires an application fee) with the intention of attending.

3. Was accepted.

4. Was formally offered a "full" scholarship to attend said college.

In short, I think the Bates are LYING. It isn't that I am questioning Erin's musical talent--I question the whole college application/admission/scholarship offer sequence of events.

Having some random person (even a University administrator) verbally say "Oh Erin, you are so talented I bet you could get a full scholarship" is not equivalent to being offered a scholarship.

If I were Erin, I'd be bitter too, but I've always taken this " Erin was offered a full musical scholarship" statement with a grain of salt.

I have a difficult time truly believing that Erin:

1. Took the SAT or ACT (for our non-American FJers, those are the nationwide tests that most accredited colleges require for admission).

2. Applied to a college (which almost always requires an application fee) with the intention of attending.

3. Was accepted.

4. Was formally offered a "full" scholarship to attend said college.

In short, I think the Bates are LYING. It isn't that I am questioning Erin's musical talent--I question the whole college application/admission/scholarship offer sequence of events.

Having some random person (even a University administrator) verbally say "Oh Erin, you are so talented I bet you could get a full scholarship" is not equivalent to being offered a scholarship.

You make a good point. Erin probably didn't get near the application / admission / scholarship stage and it may have just been a verbal thing from some person (administrator, professor, who knows) but Gil and Kelly are playing it up as the real deal. As college grads themselves, they should know better, so they are clueless in spite of it or are lying. But for homeschooled, sheltered Erin who would have no clue about what it all really takes to get into university it may have been very real to her.

I've always doubted the "full scholarship" also. I believe some offer was made, but as you say a full scholarship offer is a formal thing documented in a letter and after the complete application is evaluated by the school and the respective department. I've never heard of Erin applying anywhere except Crown. Like so many internet rumors about the reality families, someone makes a statement and then it takes on a life of it's own never to be slayed.

Archived