IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Norway Funerals

keen23

Hahahaha, I love what they wrote about South Africa. I'm sure my boyfriend will have a field day with this.

These people are ridiculous. Seriously.

MamaJunebug, I can't find the documentary right now, but was looking at WBC's sister sites, and they have one called godhatestheworld DOT com (want to make sure that link is really, really broken, lol). Lines out their beliefs about why God hates pretty much everybody, nation by nation.

I looked up my husband's country and it is pretty hilarious. Wild and crazy made up "facts". Dh will be most surprised to learn that he's from a "nation of perverts". Me oh my.

Hilariously, the only countries that aren't completed are Iceland, Latvia, and Kyrgyzstan. And Iceland has a married, lesbian Prime Minister. I think they're too busy recovering from their brain aneurysms to finish Iceland, let alone start working on Latvia and Kyrgyzstan.

Edit: Looking at the map more closely, there's also Suriname and a few island nations not completed. I guess they're REALLY busy recovering from the Iceland-induced brain aneurysms :D

They didn't forget my Grandpa's home:

God Hates Kazakhstan. There are no longer any laws prohibiting sodomy in Kazakhstan. They had one - Article 104 in their Penal Code - but alas, they kiss fag ass and enable those dogs.

or my Grandma's:

God Hates Ukraine. More than one hundred thousand Ukrainian women, most of whom are minors, are enslaved in the west as prostitutes. This filthy nation aborts approximately 33% of all births in their country. The nasty women of this country start having sex by the time they are 16 and then continue to break as many as God’s commandments as they can. Then, not wanting to have to take care of their own folly, they go and commit murder!

Or the home of my religion:

God Hates Israel. Israeli fags enjoy making a big show of their Judaism by wearing a kippah (sometimes called yamulke), keeping Kosher, observing Shabbat (the Sabbath) and other loud, flashy displays of keeping all the commandments except Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is abomination. All of this public visibility and tolerance of sodomy is still not enough for the fags; so many non-profits exist to further push their filth in everyones face.

If you Europeans don't want them, I totaly understand.

Why do they spend so much time making people miserable?

I may be a big believer in freedom of speech, but it should be illegal to picket funerals.

I was really glad that Canada denied them entrace a few years back as others mentioned here. I remember in that incident, they wanted to picket the funeral of Tim McLean who was brutally murdered on a Greyhound. They said that Tim's murder by mentally ill man was God's way of punishing Canada for allowing gay marriage. I remember the McLean family was outraged and several anti-WBC groups were put on FB by Canadians.

I hope they don't go or are denied entrance to Norway.

There are times when I lament the freedom of speech in USA. The fact that these people get away with calling themselves a church, and Baptist, is one of those times.

With truth in labeling, they would be the Westboro Attention Cravers, and nothing else.

I think it was on a Christianity group on facebook that someone said they should be called the Westboro Church of Satan.

It is quite sad they masquerade under such an innocuous sounding name. I know virtually all Baptists (from the more liberal to even the fundie-esque) hate to be associated with them.

MamaJunebug, I can't find the documentary right now, but was looking at WBC's sister sites, and they have one called godhatestheworld DOT com (want to make sure that link is really, really broken, lol). Lines out their beliefs about why God hates pretty much everybody, nation by nation.

I looked up my husband's country and it is pretty hilarious. Wild and crazy made up "facts". Dh will be most surprised to learn that he's from a "nation of perverts". Me oh my.

Sadly, I have spent time on that site.

I can't believe they took the time to go through every country in the world and outline why they are "fag enablers" and whatever else the crap they spout. I would say they need a life, but they're just way beyond all help...

The macros were hilarious but it so pains me to see children holding signs like that :cry:

Looks like Norway aren't going to stand for it. I was reading a news article earlier and they have hate speech laws. If WBC turn up then they will get arrested and could end up with 3 years in jail there. That's if Norway let them in. They tried to come to the UK a couple of years ago but they were denied entry. I hope Norway do the same as we did.

They didn't forget my Grandpa's home:

God Hates Kazakhstan. There are no longer any laws prohibiting sodomy in Kazakhstan. They had one - Article 104 in their Penal Code - but alas, they kiss fag ass and enable those dogs.

or my Grandma's:

God Hates Ukraine. More than one hundred thousand Ukrainian women, most of whom are minors, are enslaved in the west as prostitutes. This filthy nation aborts approximately 33% of all births in their country. The nasty women of this country start having sex by the time they are 16 and then continue to break as many as God’s commandments as they can. Then, not wanting to have to take care of their own folly, they go and commit murder!

Or the home of my religion:

God Hates Israel. Israeli fags enjoy making a big show of their Judaism by wearing a kippah (sometimes called yamulke), keeping Kosher, observing Shabbat (the Sabbath) and other loud, flashy displays of keeping all the commandments except Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is abomination. All of this public visibility and tolerance of sodomy is still not enough for the fags; so many non-profits exist to further push their filth in everyones face.

If you Europeans don't want them, I totaly understand.

I looked on the Lithuania page and was excited to discover that the evil evil fag enabler Anthony Kedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers was Lithuanian (like my great-grandpa). They were talking about how depraved and what a terrible example he was for "dating multiple women" and being a recovered addict. Because recovering from an addiction is so ungodly and horrible. What is he teaching with that evil recovery nonsense? God never gives anyone another chance!

I registered just to answer this.

They would almost certainly be allowed into the country, inasmuch as it is very hard to deny anyone access. However Norwegian law requires you to give the police advanced warning of any demonstrations you intend to hold. The police are then free to refuse you permission if your demonstration is likely to cause a public disturbance. They may also place restrictions on where you can have your demonstration. As such they would almost certainly be arrested the moment they tried something. I doubt there'd be jailtime, Norwegian jails are full enough without stuffing Americans wingnuts in there too. However there'd probably be a hefty fine, followed by an expulsion back to the USA.

Not that I think they'll do it.

I can't find out why God hates San Marino or Vatican City. He apparently doesn't hate Slovenia or Montenegro either. What did they do to get into His good graces? ;)

If I lived anywhere near these nasty people, I would love to organize a demonstration at their church. I would get a sign saying that God hates hyproctites or another that said Jesus loved sinners.

I don't know about Norway, but in Sweden you need a permit from the authorities for any demonstrations. And if they think that the demonstration will be offensive, they may allow the demonstration only far away from the event/place they protest.

So if the Phelps lunatics came here, they would be allowed to enter the country, but if they tried to demonstrate without a permit, they would be arrested.

And if they would get a permit, it would be very far from the funderal site. Or at a different time.

I suspect the laws in Norway may be similar.

I think the right to picket anywhere without permits (?) is an American thing.

If ever you come across it, please PM me and I'll do the same for you. :) Thanks for the response!

I went to several of their sites looking for any kind of statement of faith. I thought it was pretty pathetic that I couldn't find any. What's the point of spreading their hate message if there is no hope in it.

Also, they are really making an idol out of teh gay. It's like the only sin they seem to care about.

They came here a few years ago to protest some random girl's funeral. No freaking idea why in the world they did. I know people who showed up to counter protest them by blocking them. Groups of bikers showed up, too.

Looks like Norway aren't going to stand for it. I was reading a news article earlier and they have hate speech laws. If WBC turn up then they will get arrested and could end up with 3 years in jail there. That's if Norway let them in. They tried to come to the UK a couple of years ago but they were denied entry. I hope Norway do the same as we did.

Please, Norway, let them in so that they can be arrested. Even if they are sent back, the hefty fine will probably quiet them for a short time.

I fully support my country's freedom of speech but Westboro Baptist does stretch my tolerance.

Okay, it's probably wrong to wish them on another country. :oops:

They do have some statements of faith on their main page, but they are just links to some of the historic statements of faith.

Which their words and actions contradict in a big way.

I doubt there'd be jailtime, Norwegian jails are full enough without stuffing Americans wingnuts in there too. However there'd probably be a hefty fine, followed by an expulsion back to the USA.

That's pretty much what I figured. You think Norwegian jails are full? :lol: Come check us out in America! One out of every 100 adults is in jail at any given time in the U.S. Counting all people, including children and babies, we have a rate of 751 prisoners to every 100,000 people. We have are #1 on the list of countries by incarceration rate of the population. Norway is, um... 168. 71 prisoners to every 100,000 people. Oh, to live in Norway... or Denmark... or the UK... or Switzerland...

Yeah, sorry. Drifted off there a moment. The US really, really, really likes to put people in jail, I guess would be my point.

They're probably not even going to attempt to get into Norway- they know the laws. They're all lawyers, they know they'd be arrested and deported if they tried, and I'm pretty sure they're just doing this for attention and money anyway. The whole thing just seems so...contrived.

There's an article I read theorizing that the WBC is just a giant lawsuit-filing, money-making scheme.

http://kanewj.com/wbc/

I used to live right near Arlington Cemetary, and I walked my dogs there. I saw these clowns around the area alllllll the time. I think, honestly, the best thing to do is just ignore them. I don't see why anyone is inviting them onto their talk show or giving them any attention whatsoever. Just have some people stand in front of them to block them from view and try just to carry on. Like you'd do with an ugly couch or something. Giving them attention just fans the flames.

You know the best way to get rid of the Westbro's.

Do nothing.

Ignore them, never right about them, never mention them in newspapers, T.V, or on interent. The live for attention and the minute the media stops giving it to them they'll starve.

There is no way Norway is going to let them in.

You know the best way to get rid of the Westbro's.

Do nothing.

Ignore them, never right about them, never mention them in newspapers, T.V, or on interent. The live for attention and the minute the media stops giving it to them they'll starve.

There is no way Norway is going to let them in.

The media/press in some areas stopped giving the WBC attention when they picketed military funerals. The WBC realized that and after that is when they started to picketing/protesting at mainstream type events like certain concerts, schools or colleges that put on productions of Rent or Laramie Project/

I think last year when they went to ComicCon. They did it because they knew somehow they would end up in the news. The mainstream media has been giving ComicCon more attention in recent years because it has expanded to horror movie fans and fans of certain non-Sci-Fi TV shows. WBC knew announcing their plans for ComicCon would end up in the media and I liked that some people planned and acted out a counter protest against them CC.

They are the worst people on God's green earth, but at least some of the younger ones have left the church, even one of Shirley's sons. And its funny because in the bible it said that every third generation will break away from their family's sins/curses, something like that.

a lot of them are lawyers? i don't know why, but this really surprises me. i suppose i stereotype such idiocy as being a result of insularity and ignorance/lack of education.

Yeah, you would think, right? Shirley is a lawyer and I think several others are too. They pretty much represent themselves when they sue everyone, including in front of the Supreme Court.

Frightening, isn't it? Shirley is awesome because of her hypocrisy. According to her, women are sluts and whores and whatever for having sex outside of marriage, but of course, her eldest son was born outside of marriage. So, yeah. Shut up, Shirley.

Many of Fred Phelps kids are lawyers but in the first Louis Theroux documentary Shirley's daughter said she was the only one of her generation who wanted to be a lawyer. I wonder why so few of the grandchildren are interested in that path. They seem pretty enthusiastic about the doctrine, but I wonder if that could mean they're less gung-ho than than Fred's children..

Archived