IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Norway Funerals

keen23

Are you kidding me?! I mean, I probably shouldn't be surprised considering how vile they are, but I would hope their circus of batshit crazy will be confined to America. The world doesn't need to them to spread.

I hope they get turned away at immigration and have to take their white trash asses back to KS>

Phah. They have said several times that they are coming to Finland and never had. Last time they threatened to come was after school shootings in Kauhajoki. They also wanted to burn our flag after election of woman president who they thought to be a lesbian. They have big mouths but they never come so I don't see their coming to Norway, either.

They published this after the first school shootings: http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-con ... inland.gif

I wonder what would happen if they actually did it. I know that some European countries free speech rights are much more limited than ours and have criminal statutes that deal with certain things that would be protected over here. Not to mention the population's response. I think they are too chicken-shit. I vote it never happens.

Sickos.

Doesn't Norway have some sort of law that limits the whole freedom of speech? If London has banned them from entering the country, it wouldn't surprise me if Norway does too.

These people are going to be the first ones in Hell with what they preach about. I watched the second part of "America's Most Hated Family" that aired a few months back. I'm so glad that a few left, especially that girl, Lauren Drain. More power to them for realizing what this "church" preaches is wrong.

Phah. They have said several times that they are coming to Finland and never had. Last time they threatened to come was after school shootings in Kauhajoki. They also wanted to burn our flag after election of woman president who they thought to be a lesbian. They have big mouths but they never come so I don't see their coming to Norway, either.

They published this after the first school shootings: http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-con ... inland.gif

ahaha and they did not go to iceland where the head of the state IS lesbian :P

they're just attention whore, and thankfully hate speech is just not tolerated everywhere :D

I too doubt that they'd be admitted to Norway. If by chance they were allowed in, I doubt that their usual behavior would be allowed or protected.

Wouldn't mind seeing them locked up in a foreign prison for a time, although Turkey or Saudi Arabia would be better than Norway.

Speaking of Saudi Arabia, I wonder why the WBC people don't go there or to Singapore, where the governments are nearly as intolerant as they are.

Those douchie fuckers. They make my blood boil. If they do make it I hope they get beat to a pulp.

It would be hilarious to see them locked up in a foreign prison, if they were even admitted in the first place. Are they officially banned anywhere? I thought I'd heard that they were, but I'm not sure.

How exactly would they afford this? Scandinavia is expensive. I was wondering the same thing when they threatened to protest Heath Ledger's funeral in Australia.

It would be hilarious to see them locked up in a foreign prison, if they were even admitted in the first place. Are they officially banned anywhere? I thought I'd heard that they were, but I'm not sure.

They're not allowed into the UK, and they had considerable difficulty even getting into Canada. I never thought Canada would turn away Americans who had the proper documentation, but Canadian authorities actually said that if they found WBC members at the border with their signs, they'd make them turn around. IIRC this was when they went to protest the funeral of the man who was brutally decapitated on a Greyhound bus. WBC got in anyway, but never did protest.

Yes...I'd like them to go to Pakistan, or Iran and protest at the funeral of someone, with their whole anti Islam thing. Not so brave now are you, you evil fuckers?!

They're not allowed into the UK, and they had considerable difficulty even getting into Canada. I never thought Canada would turn away Americans who had the proper documentation, but Canadian authorities actually said that if they found WBC members at the border with their signs, they'd make them turn around. IIRC this was when they went to protest the funeral of the man who was brutally decapitated on a Greyhound bus. WBC got in anyway, but never did protest.

I wasn't surprised they had trouble getting into Canada. We have hate speech laws that make a lot of what they do illegal (not everything, it depends how you interpret it I guess). But our free speech is limited in ways it's not in the U.S. (as far as I know). I'm perfectly content with that, and it doesn't surprise me they didn't protest, because then they'd have to be careful to not get arrested.

Wow, I just take a peek in the follow up documentary.

What would they do, if one of them gets breast cancer? :shock:

And yes, I highly doubt, that they would be allowed to behave like that in Europe- and I don't think it has anything to do with the freedom of speech. It has to do with protecting people from something that distubing and dangerous.

I could've sworn I posted this, or someting like it. Dang! Try again;

There is nothing Christian about these people.

Christianity claims two truths: God hates sin, but God love us and sent Her Son to be our atonement for our sin.

I've never heard Fred nor Shirley tell the second truth, and I doubt anyone has done.

There is everything attention-seeking about these people.

Find any TV interview with Shirley. She grins without smiling (just watch, you'll see what I mean) and shouts her attention-grabbing statements, and she shouts down anybody who's been naive enough to agree to "debate" her.

There are times when I lament the freedom of speech in USA. The fact that these people get away with calling themselves a church, and Baptist, is one of those times.

With truth in labeling, they would be the Westboro Attention Cravers, and nothing else.

I understand we have Freedom of Speech but there should be a limit to that. I don't think it's right for these psychos to go around picketing soldiers' funerals, Mosques, Hindu Temples, etc, claiming how they're all "enablers and fags" (i despise that word too).

My ex-roommate's best friend was murdered near Auburn's campus about 3 years ago and they picketed her funeral because she comes from a Jewish background. How is that appropriate and why can't the courts do something to limit these hate speeches?

These people are not good Christians whatsoever. All they do is go around and protest every damn religion, military service, and tragic accidents because "it's a warning from God".

They have things against Hinduism so I would LOVE for them to go to India and picket all Temples.

Christianity claims two truths: God hates sin, but God love us and sent Her Son to be our atonement for our sin.

I've never heard Fred nor Shirley tell the second truth, and I doubt anyone has done.

I would have to dig for a reference, but I am fairly sure somewhere in the videos and docus I've seen on these people that they flat out *deny* the second truth.

I'm not sure exactly who they believe can be forgiven, but it boils down to pretty much nobody.

I would have to dig for a reference, but I am fairly sure somewhere in the videos and docus I've seen on these people that they flat out *deny* the second truth.

I'm not sure exactly who they believe can be forgiven, but it boils down to pretty much nobody.

If ever you come across it, please PM me and I'll do the same for you. :) Thanks for the response!

Wow, I just take a peek in the follow up documentary.

What would they do, if one of them gets breast cancer? :shock:

And yes, I highly doubt, that they would be allowed to behave like that in Europe- and I don't think it has anything to do with the freedom of speech. It has to do with protecting people from something that distubing and dangerous.

Yeah, my first thought to these restricted freedom of speech comments were that no, we just have more common sense ;) (sorrysorrysorry) We have absolutely every right to demonstrate free speech but there is place and time for everything and funerals aren't the place. You can express yourself freely enough elsewhere and they do. In Finland we have laws against hate speech meaning 'as publicly making statements that threaten or insult a national, racial, ethnic or religious group or a similar group'. Similar groups such as sexual minorities and WBC would fall straight to threaten and insul category.

But they are cowards. I'll bet they never ever come to Europe because they couldn't bully their way out in courts (we don't have similar court and suing culture). They know law in the US and know how to bend it but it is different here.

With truth in labeling, they would be the Westboro Attention Cravers, and nothing else.

westboro.jpg

political-pictures-westboro-baptist-church-god-cigarettes.jpg

6011529721_d5df6feff8.jpg

6011548545_a95093d9ed.jpg = 6012095670_729fb92bec.jpg

MamaJunebug, I can't find the documentary right now, but was looking at WBC's sister sites, and they have one called godhatestheworld DOT com (want to make sure that link is really, really broken, lol). Lines out their beliefs about why God hates pretty much everybody, nation by nation.

I looked up my husband's country and it is pretty hilarious. Wild and crazy made up "facts". Dh will be most surprised to learn that he's from a "nation of perverts". Me oh my.

Archived