IGNORED

Anti-Abortion Leader, Compares Rape And Incest Car Accident

doggie

This woman is just a real ass nozzle. so you need to buy insurance for a accidental rape??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 26649.html

The head of a pro-life group in Michigan made a controversial comparison on Wednesday, arguing that women in the state should be forced to pay extra for health insurance that covers abortions, even in cases of rape or incest.

"It's simply, like, nobody plans to have an accident in a car accident, nobody plans to have their homes flooded. You have to buy extra insurance for those," Barbara Listing, president of Right to Life of Michigan, told reporters on Wednesday when asked about the exceptions.

I just had a conversation with a friend (not terribly close...we just hang out every once in a while) who went on a rant about how women should dress like "ladies" if they want to be treated like "ladies." He said that if they attempt to objectify themselves they shouldn't get mad at men for objectifying them and potentially taking action. Grrrrrrr. I told him, "If I were to bake a delicious pie and put it out on the table while you are over visiting, does that give you a right to take the pie without my permission?" He then insisted that my analogy was not quite "balanced."

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

You know, one of Jesus' more compelling traits (and the reason I think he endures for so long) was his ability to put himself in other people's shoes. Maybe if the fundies tried to actually follow this guy and not Paul or the OT stuff, they'd stop making asses of themselves.

I just had a conversation with a friend (not terribly close...we just hang out every once in a while) who went on a rant about how women should dress like "ladies" if they want to be treated like "ladies." He said that if they attempt to objectify themselves they shouldn't get mad at men for objectifying them and potentially taking action. Grrrrrrr. I told him, "If I were to bake a delicious pie and put it out on the table while you are over visiting, does that give you a right to take the pie without my permission?" He then insisted that my analogy was not quite "balanced."

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Well, I kind of agree with him. If you have a guest over and bring out a pie, the polite thing to do would be to offer him some, especially if the pie were very tasty looking. if you don't offer, you are a bad hostess and Martha Stewart will give you the stink eye.

He would be a bad guest if he just took the pie, but you would be a bad hostess if you didn't offer. It's a double-edged sword, which I guess you could use to serve the pie.

Following her logic, men should pay extra 'insurance' for the abortions women would have if they were to become rapists.

This woman is just a real ass nozzle. so you need to buy insurance for a accidental rape??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 26649.html

The head of a pro-life group in Michigan made a controversial comparison on Wednesday, arguing that women in the state should be forced to pay extra for health insurance that covers abortions, even in cases of rape or incest.

"It's simply, like, nobody plans to have an accident in a car accident, nobody plans to have their homes flooded. You have to buy extra insurance for those," Barbara Listing, president of Right to Life of Michigan, told reporters on Wednesday when asked about the exceptions.

They never learn. A guy in la said more or less the same thong (have a flat tire) as why the insurance should be a rider. He caught a lit of shot for it nut it sounds like the fumdies think it sounds brilliant when they talk among themselves so they keep usingthe concept.

Following her logic, men should pay extra 'insurance' for the abortions women would have if they were to become rapists.

This!

Jesus Fucking Christ.

THESE are the people that were on the Capitol lawn this week? If only I'd known, I'd have stopped by to vomit on their shoes.

"Rape is not anywhere near ... a flood or a car accident, because rape is not an accident. Nobody can anticipate being the victim of a crime."

A flood is uncontrolled. You can't stop nature. Same with a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, etc. Natural disasters happen. Even house fires are rarely done with intention and often are not the fault of the owners (unaware of faulty wiring). Property insurance is for those events.

Car accidents are called accidents for a reason. Few people ever intend to get into an accident. It was a mistake, an error in judgment, whatever, but I can't name one person who ever meant to get in an accident.

Rape, incest, those are not mistakes, errors, uncontrolled events. It was intentional. Telling women to pay higher premiums for an abortion in case they are raped is like telling people that they must pay higher premiums for a TV and another for their computer and another for their jewelry just in case someone breaks into their house and steals any of those things. Each additional item in the house that could maybe get stolen by a thief also will cost the property owner more money if they want it covered in the event of a robbery. Oh, and you need higher premiums in case someone breaks your car window and another if someone tears up your door trying to pry it open and another gas tax added in case someone decides to siphon your gas ever in the event of a car jacking of thievery.

A car claim is a car claim. Property damage is property damage. A needed medical procedure is a needed medical procedure. The end.

Except, I don't pay extra for car insurance in case of an accident. I pay my premium each month. Just as I pay my medical insurance premium each month.

Archived