IGNORED

Warning! Daycare is making our children mentally ill

snuggles911

As a daycare provider- I am offended!! To say I don't love the children in my care is BS!! Honestly- it's a job with a LOT of responsibility. Not only are you caring for children during the MOST important years of their lives in terms of brain development- you are caring for other people's kids! Some of the kids in my care have been with my family (my mother and I work together) since they were 10 months old....they are now in the 5th and 7th grades!! These children become part of our families- and we love them with a love that is almost as close as the love I have for my own children! I'm sorry - I wouldn't do what I do...changing diapers, being spit up on, puked on, snotted on, wiping butts, wiping noses, kissing booboos, etc etc etc- I wouldn't be doing it all if I didn't love these kids!!

Sunshine Mary can shove it!

I just went on Sunshine's blog to read the comments and daycare is even worse than I thought. Social ills could drop by 70 percent if moms would just raise their own kids, according to one commentator.

Again, interesting. My biological mother is married to my biological father and I am their first child. my mother stayed home until my brother was about 7 and my parents read to me all the time. I apparently loved books and would recite them as a toddler. I still had serious anxiety issues, have suffered from depression and have OCD. And that isn't speculation nor a joke. Though the correct grammar would be more like; It is not just speculation or a joke, but I digress.

Quote: The system that Mrs. Slaughter recommends is ludicrous. It is highly inefficient, places an unfair tax burden on men in particular, and creates a cold, loveless environment for children and the elderly to spend their days in. And because of the reduced salaries and increased taxes to pay for it all, none us would really have the choice to opt out of this endless sisyphean ride to Abilene.

Why is she picking on the elderly? What did they ever do to her?

I worked in a daycare in college, I loved those kids and missed them when I left. If you didnt love kids you wouldnt get a job working with them. Most daycare workers love the kids they work with more than the Pearls and their followers do

I worked in a daycare in college, I loved those kids and missed them when I left. If you didnt love kids you wouldnt get a job working with them. Most daycare workers love the kids they work with more than the Pearls and their followers do

Agree!

I also worked with children for a few years and you can't do the job if you don't love them and want the best for them. I still run into them now and I love hearing what they're up to now. My child is with a child minder who minds one other child fulltime and a few others part time, and she's definitely come on in leaps and bounds since she's started. She learns so many social skills being around other children.

I’m sure the rise in childhood mental illness is just a coincidence.

Sunshine Mary thinks she's being sarcastic, but for once she's said something true - without even realising.

As the saying goes, statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is interesting but what they don't reveal is vital. There could be any number of factors that result in problems that children may have, among them environmental. To say that day care is the culprit is simplistic but a lot of these fundies are living in a black and white world. They are not into critical thinking.

Archived