IGNORED

kendal, blessed mother

contrary

oy, this chick!

despite her attempts to seem tongue-in-cheek and "frazzled", she really comes across as a smug twat whose children shall call her blessed.

Thank you, dear friend, for the much needed reminder! A friend came to visit today and we both were discussing our "new" lives with the addition of our 4th child. She, as well, just had her 4th baby and only a few days before me.

As I was venting...I mean "sharing", she reminded me of the big picture. The big picture with my children. Do I want my children to look back and see a tired, frustrated and angry mom? One that cared more about the dirty dishes, dirty laundry and messy rooms?? Or would I rather them, "rise up and call her (me!) blessed." I want them to remember a mother that invested her entire being into the souls and hearts of her children. A clean kitchen will not be remembered, but time invested in loving and nurturing my children will be.

My babes are only little once. I can't waste this precious time worrying about things that have no eternal value. Their little hearts are far more important.

{and I'm not saying that a completely messy disorganized house will serve my family more, it wont! That's not the point!}

Praying that tomorrow, as I face the challenges of raising my 4 little ones and keeping a house, I will remember the big picture.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:"

Proverbs 31:28

no doubt about that!

and her feigned humility and "i'm frustrated, just like you!" somehow makes her sound even more smug, doesn't it?

Kendal doesn't strike me as a person who likes children at all. I think she's a lot more interested in that they can do for her (her image, keep her house), than what she, as a parent can do for them.

I want them to remember a mother that invested her entire being into the souls and hearts of her children

This line just disturbs me. You are a no longer an individual, you are a MOTHER whose sole reason for existence now is your children! You shall have NO life outside of them, for you will invest your ENTIRE being into their hearts and souls!

Oh, what pressure on those poor kids if they ever disappoint her! :angry-tappingfoot:

Guest Anonymous

This line just disturbs me. You are a no longer an individual, you are a MOTHER whose sole reason for existence now is your children! You shall have NO life outside of them, for you will invest your ENTIRE being into their hearts and souls!

Oh, what pressure on those poor kids if they ever disappoint her! :angry-tappingfoot:

Wose yet, the kids will have no life outside of her.

Her entire blog is full of the sanctity of motherhood richly supplied by supporting biblical quotes and other 'profound' one liners and poems.

Somehow motherhood is sooo important, demanding, sacrificial, no adjectives enought to describe the enormity of the task mothers do and have done since the beginning of mankind.

Her newest addition is absolutely adorable, I wonder when she and her husband will start training and beat the living daylight out of him for a full day.

I suggest she cleans her kitchen instead.

This was the only part that really stood out to me. I think it's better for kids to see their parents as people with diverse interests, and not all of them having to do with the kids themselves. Of course the children are *most* important - they should be - but they should not be the be-all, end-all of a parent's life. I agree that it causes way too much pressure.

Archived