IGNORED

Ma and Pa Arndt's 34th anniversary

already hungover

All snark aside, they are SO isolated on a day to day basis. I wonder sometimes about the frequency of incestual relationships or molestation in families like this one.

I do too. You know they have urges, just because they live at home and aren't allowed to date doesn't mean they aren't there.

I think it is so strange they are still all at home. You'd think the parents would want grandkids at some point

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old are the oldest Arndts? I mean, maybe some of them have had relationships and they just don't want to publicize it? But it still seems really strange to me that ALL of them are still single and living at home. How many of them are actually in their 30s now?

They remind me of those updated Brady Bunch movies where the world's moved on but the family is frozen in time - the kid style rooms, the video games and the parents creepy affection. Who would have them shoot their wedding, are they really cheap?

Odd, odd, odd.

How old are the oldest Arndts? I mean, maybe some of them have had relationships and they just don't want to publicize it? But it still seems really strange to me that ALL of them are still single and living at home. How many of them are actually in their 30s now?

I think three are in their 30's as of this year.

And of the 14 "kids", I believe all but four are adults. And not a hint of discontent among them. It's sunshine, rainbows, Mom's apple pie and softball, day in and day out.

They are middle America's equivalent to a lost rain forest tribe. Some brave anthropologist needs to gain their trust and begin a study of them.

I think three are in their 30's as of this year.

And of the 14 "kids", I believe all but four are adults. And not a hint of discontent among them. It's sunshine, rainbows, Mom's apple pie and softball, day in and day out.

They are middle America's equivalent to a lost rain forest tribe. Some brave anthropologist needs to gain their trust and begin a study of them.

A definite dissertation topic!!!

I dreamt about the Arndts last night. The mom went missing so the dad was a mess and went after her. He dropped off all the "kids" at social services. CPS was trying to convince all of these adult boys that they were in fact adults and could take care of themselves. But they wouldn't buy it...

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My first thought of a romantic movie starring mom and dad wasnt a pleasant one. Wheres the brainbleach.

For this special occasion maybe the children will shoot another romantic movie starring Mom and Dad!

Must.Have.Snow.

Love your new avatar!

Why, thank you, Modest darling. It's the revolutionary avatar for the month. You understand.

This sounds horrible but I could almost imagine one or two of the boys snapping and killing off the others or if their parents die letting their bodies mummify on the bed. I feel horrible or thinking like that but their lives with their families seem so suffocating beneath the happy rainbows

There must be something that extreme right wing thinking does to the minds of young adults that keep them from maturing in a normal manner.

Their wedding photography page also shows they do modern weddings. Strapless dresses, dancing, and everything that the Maxwell photographer won't.

A few of the boys went to Six Flags this weekend with friends.

They are sheltered but they aren't. There is no figuring them out; its impossible.

And then posted a picture of a ride they were all too afraid to try.

I'd be willing to bet that they cherry pick the types of depositions they transcribe in their court reporting business.

And at least they've probably seen a Disney movie, unlike the Duggars who I'm sure believe that Sleeping Beauty being awakened by a kiss is defrauding and Maleficent using magic is unacceptable.

I'd be willing to bet that they cherry pick the types of depositions they transcribe in their court reporting business.

And at least they've probably seen a Disney movie, unlike the Duggars who I'm sure believe that Sleeping Beauty being awakened by a kiss is defrauding and Maleficent using magic is unacceptable.

They could be cherry picking, but they'd still have no control over what comes out during depositions. Sometimes when you are expecting innocuous testimony, you end up with lurid details about someone's life. It's very unpredictable.

They do see Disney and Pixar films and they are allowed to watch romantic movies, provided they are old. Wizzie watched "Since You Went Away" several months ago which has some hayloft scenes with Jennifer Jones and Robert Walker playing a young, attractive, unmarried couple (who were actually in the process of a divorce in the real world).

They also all go to a co-ed gym. In general, the Arndts seem relatively concerned about the external world inflaming desires in their kids. Which makes them all the more fascinating because most of those kids are adult males and yet, as near as anyone can tell, none have come close to breaking away.

JenniferJuniper -- The parental units don't need to be concerned about the outside world inflaming desires. They've got Mama Arndt in her short shorts for that!

That would require them to hit puberty and get past the "girls are yucky! let's go play a game" phase, which none of those boys seem to have done.

*delurks*

Paul Arndt actually accepted my friend request on Facebook, and a few days ago he posted a status about reading Sports Illustrated. Or something to that effect. So apparently they do know about... adult relationships (for lack of better word), yet they still live with mom and dad and no girlfriends. Ever.

The weirdness is off the charts! :shifty-kitty:

*lurks back into hiding*

Agree the weirdness is off the charts. I can't believe that in a family with mostly adult children, that there's absolutely no hint of any of them leaving. If this was a family of two or three, I could see it, but in a family this large, there isn't a single one that hasn't left or at least is making moves towards doing so? Even if Mom and Dad don't want it? Odds are there should be at least one saying, "sorry Mom and Dad, it's time for me to go" and do it. Something is seriously wrong. I can only surmise that there is some serious parental indoctrination / control going on to keep this many adults at home.

And I speak as someone with overprotective parents whose control issues went into overdrive when I became an adult and they did all they could to keep me and my siblings at home. I did my thing anyway; I was an adult and it was time. So I really wonder what the hell is going on in the Arndt household.

Something is definitely going on. Daddy Arndt controls the religion, Mama Arndt controls the manchildren. That's the only reason I could think of why they're all so attached to home. Another reason to be creeped out.

I mean, I love Disney and stuffed animals as much as the next person, but I can't imagine being 32 and seriously watching and playing with them. Unless I'm doing them with my niece or hypothetical kids.

edited because I know how to spell 'control'

Since I don't go to school too far from the Arndt's I was thinking of signing up for their softball classic and I'll even try to engage one of the sons and see if they will converse with me (24 year old fairly athletic)

The weirdest part, in my opinion, is how some of the older ones, particularly Mark, have written about wanting to find the right woman and get married eventually. It's as though they just have no idea how this happens in Real Life. I sort of imagine them all sitting around chez Arndt with their penguins and Legos and wiffle ball and getting really excited when the doorbell rings, in case it's a girl who is stopping by because she wants to marry one of them. Like, "Hold on, penguins! Let me climb out of my blanket fort and answer the door for my prospective wife!!!"

Their obsession with NHL 94 is pretty weird too. It's like their lives just stopped circa 1995.

Since I don't go to school too far from the Arndt's I was thinking of signing up for their softball classic and I'll even try to engage one of the sons and see if they will converse with me (24 year old fairly athletic)

I'm eagerly awaiting your report already :lol: Wonder if they would they be intimidated with a younger, athletic woman?

The weirdest part, in my opinion, is how some of the older ones, particularly Mark, have written about wanting to find the right woman and get married eventually. It's as though they just have no idea how this happens in Real Life. I sort of imagine them all sitting around chez Arndt with their penguins and Legos and wiffle ball and getting really excited when the doorbell rings, in case it's a girl who is stopping by because she wants to marry one of them. Like, "Hold on, penguins! Let me climb out of my blanket fort and answer the door for my prospective wife!!!"

Their obsession with NHL 94 is pretty weird too. It's like their lives just stopped circa 1995.

Didn't one of them proudly admits to wanting to chaperone Wizzy on her first date and telling her how beautiful she'll look? Ew :puke-front:

If that's how they view their younger sister I'd hate to imagine how they'd view their wives and daughters (if they ever made it out of the house long enough to live as normal grown men).

Maybe they're aliens stuck in a 90's twilight zone... :shifty-kitty:

The weirdest part, in my opinion, is how some of the older ones, particularly Mark, have written about wanting to find the right woman and get married eventually. It's as though they just have no idea how this happens in Real Life.

I agree. It's like that old joke where the young married couple goes to the doctor because they can't get pregnant, and eventually the doctor realizes they're not getting pregnant because they have no idea what sex is. Only with the Arndts, it's kind of not a joke. :?

That would have been right around the time the oldest was hitting puberty.

That would have been right around the time the oldest was hitting puberty.

Creepier and creepier... :shock: Some sort of traumatic event must have occurred to shock and awe the Arndt offspring into becoming permanent manboys, so what was it? I would bet dollars to donuts that Mama Arndt was, and still is, the driving force of whatever happened, but what? As much as I badly want to know, there's a part of me that insists I'm better off not knowing because the truth is too disturbing.

They have duckies! Real, not stuffed or rubber ones. 28 year old Luke is so excited!

Yep! Today, we received a package containing 10 baby ducks! The guys have been going crazy over how cute they are. This is going to be fun!

I just hope the penguins don't get jealous.

Archived