IGNORED

WV Proposes Making Kids Work For Food

RosyDaisy

Conservatives only use charity as a cudgel to exert their power over others. This is why I will never donate to a religious charity, especially ones that do "missions" or anything in other countries where there is likely to be no oversight. They know they have power over others, and they only want to use that to convert people and control them.

There are plenty of religious charities that do not proselytize, and plenty of secular charities that do - they may not want to convert people to a religion but they do want to convert people to their way of thinking, for example PETA. Also, religion does not equal conservatism.

I think he is responding to the recent proposal to give all children free lunch regardless of income.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/WVa- ... 67021.html

Not breaking cause news site.

I think that's an excellent idea. There are reasons other than income why children don't bring nutritious lunches to school. Besides, having free meals for only a portion of the school means you're separating children into "the poor kids" and "the rich kids" even without the asinine idea of menial labour for the low-income children.

Archived