IGNORED

Teach The Little Girls Young

debrand

.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/03/28/daughters-of-eve?utm_source=aigsocial03282013daughters&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebooktwittergooglelinkedin

I did not break the link into two lines, it did that on its own. The article, Daughters of Eve can be found on this site

answersingenesis.org/

My daughter is a jabbering, vivacious toddler, but she’s not too young to be introduced to her great, great, great . . . grandma Eve. In the evenings, she gets excited about “Bible time†with Daddy and Mommy, and she looks at Bible pictures as we read her Scripture. During brief moments of reflection between diaper changes or cleaning out her highchair, I’m gripped by my responsibility to show her what it means to be a “woman who fears the Lord†(Proverbs 31:30)—something she certainly won’t pick up from the culture that surrounds her. As she grows, I have so much to teach her to affirm and articulate about Genesis as it relates to biblical womanhood.

This is depressing. One of the many, many reasons that I gave up fundamentalism was for my daughters. It was one thing for me to choose submission but I couldn't lie to myself when it came to my very strong willed daughters.

The writer assures us that men and women are equal. I've heard fundies say the same thing while telling women to be submissive. That is not equal

By God’s grace, may I model to my daughter God’s design for a wife by how I love, esteem, help, and defer to my husband (Ephesians 5:33; Colossians 3:18; Titus 2:4). I want to teach her that true and lasting beauty, as defined by the Bible and “very precious in the sight of God,†is a “gentle and quiet spirit†like women in the Bible who “trusted in God†and modeled submission (1 Peter 3:1–6). Of course, as Pastor John MacArthur writes, this submission “precludes any coercion to sin, disobedience to God’s Word, or imposition of physical harm.â€2

Basically, a woman is supposed to be submissive until she is asked to do something that goes against god's will but how is she supposed to know the difference between her feelings on a subject and what is going against god's will? How does someone who has always been told to subjugate their will to another person know when to stand up? The irony is that if the husband does something that the community decides is wrong, the woman will be held responsible for not knowing she shouldn't follow him.

So when telling of Eve’s tragic bite, I want to turn to my daughter and say, “What about you? Are you like Eve?†I can ask, “Have you ever doubted or disobeyed God?†Even breaking one of God’s commands, such as through lying or disobeying parents, condemns us, just as it did Adam and Eve (James 2:10; Romans 6:23).

I did not break the link into two lines, it did that on its own.

As a general rule, you can delete the part of the URL that starts ?utm and everything after it. That part isn't necessary for the link to work. To your computer, it's kinda like the www part. I always do this when posting links so as to make them shorter. Otherwise they stretch the screen or break into two lines, as noted.

Try the following:

answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/03/28/daughters-of-eve

See what I mean? And that works pretty much all the time, on links from all sites and sources.

As far as the link goes, what a lot of joyless droning it is! And hardly anything of substance. She could've summed it up in about half the space, not that it's worth the paper it isn't printed on anyway.

My daughter is a jabbering, vivacious toddler

"But, given time, I'm sure her father and I, along with our church, will be able to kill that vivacious streak....."

As a general rule, you can delete the part of the URL that starts ?utm and everything after it. That part isn't necessary for the link to work. To your computer, it's kinda like the www part. I always do this when posting links so as to make them shorter. Otherwise they stretch the screen or break into two lines, as noted.

Try the following:

answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/03/28/daughters-of-eve

See what I mean? And that works pretty much all the time, on links from all sites and sources.

As far as the link goes, what a lot of joyless droning it is! And hardly anything of substance. She could've summed it up in about half the space, not that it's worth the paper it isn't printed on anyway.

Thank you for telling me about utm. I did not know that. You're right it is joyless droning. Her ultimate goal is to crush her daughter's spirit.

"a “woman who fears the Lord†(Proverbs 31:30)"

Err, do these people even read the passages they talk about? The woman in Proverbs 31 may be a God-fearing woman (whatever that means), but she's also strong, capable, has a mind of her own, trades goods, buys land... somehow I doubt they want that for their daughter.

Hywelis

Archived