IGNORED

Another Munck daughter is engaged

browngrl

Did you catch what Laura said in her previous post, regarding the house on the farm? That Liz was actively involved in the planning and the work? It immediately made me think of Joe's house and all the beige stuff on their registry, maybe she didn't get to have any real input and it was one of the things that made her realize she won't be happy with him.

Anyway it's great that she escaped the beige fate.

I would not be surprised if the beige house and items was one of the reasons. In fact, I see the beige color as symbolic of the very unfun, boring life she would have led.

The Mordor association is quite appropriate.

One could think of Liz as starting on the steps leading to Cirith Ungol (the watchtower on the border of Mordor) and said um, no.

The Mordor association is quite appropriate.

One could think of Liz as starting on the steps leading to Cirith Ungol (the watchtower on the border of Mordor) and said um, no.

:lol:

"The ring? Oh, you can have it back, Lord Steve-uron! I'm going back to the Shire!"

"The ring? Oh, you can have it back, Lord Steve-uron! I'm going back to the Shire!"

And hightail it back to the Shire she did. The land of peace and beauty and people can actually have FUN!

And one more thing: you know Steve would have died if someone would have said that one of his sons would be part of their family! People come into his family, no one leaves!

Agree!!

So who is he? What do we know?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know

Yes, c'mon peeps -- who is our best internet sleuth (not me!). We need to dig around and figure out who this guy is!

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Munck Sisters website, Amanda's wedding will be on May 13, 2013. Less than 5 months after she got engaged. And a couple months before her 20th birthday.

themuncksisters.blogspot.com

According to the Munck Sisters website, Amanda's wedding will be on May 13, 2013. Less than 5 months after she got engaged. And a couple months before her 20th birthday.

themuncksisters.blogspot.com

Five months is actually a long engagement in the fundie world (at least from what I have observed). I've seen usually between 3 and 4 months.

What *I* want to know is ... what will her wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses look like? The Muncks are somewhat more normal-ish, so you never know.

What *I* want to know is ... what will her wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses look like? The Muncks are somewhat more normal-ish, so you never know.

Hopefully she'll save the family some money and time and just wear Elizabeth's. Certainly that one was all ready to go the week before her canceled wedding. Maybe they can use it and alter to personalize it. I sew, and making even the most basic fundie wedding dress involves a lot of craftsmanship. Hopefully Liz's dress can be put to good use.

I'm intrigued who the lucky young man is. 20 is so young to be married though! I wonder what the groom will do to support the family? And I'm sure the Munck girl will start popping kids out as soon possible. That said, it's just nice to see the family steering away from the fundie madness that is the Maxwells. There's fundie and then there's batshit crazy fundie.

I think there is some sort of fancy algorithm among the fundies that calculates the best wedding date. It's something like (how many months it will take to get the dresses, etc. together) X (the bride's closest ovulation date).

They all hope to get pregnant on their honeymoons. Which I think is so unfortunate. Blech.

Archived