IGNORED

Another Munck daughter is engaged

browngrl

Amanda (no idea how old she is) is engaged. It seems that she was courting in 2012 and just got engaged in December. It seems she has known her fiancé for 3 years.

edited to add link: muncksquiver.blogspot.ca

They waited awhile to announce this one... But they do look more comfortable than Elizabeth and Joe (anyone would) and they can touch each other. Still... The girl is only 19!

Hopefully they'll be able to use some of the supplies they bought for Elizabeth's wedding for Amanda's! Including the dress! Wow, they really did keep this one under wraps for a long time. Interesting. So Liz backs out of her MaxHell wedding but her younger sister was courting for a long time and then WHAM Mom is pregnant again. Wow.

Interesting. So Liz backs out of her MaxHell wedding but her younger sister was courting for a long time

Maybe the younger sister and her beau are a good match, and seeing this enabled Liz to realize that she and Joseph weren't.

Genuine smiles it seems.

I really, REALLY hope they aren't going to reuse all the stuff Elizabeth picked out for her wedding. Okay, it'll save money, but...

Then Amanda wouldn't get to pick out any of her own stuff... Elizabeth would be uncomfortable to SOME degree, I think... and it just seems.. icky.

Hopefully shes engaged to a guy that does not come from a completely weird family

Agree! Congrats to their daughter, it seems she will be married before 12 comes.

They are probably grateful to have one less mouth to feed given that #12 is on the way. I wonder if these large fundie families aren't just a bit relieved to start shooing the kids out of the house. Finally, on their own. All the bills start to decrease! Woot!

after what happened to Elizabeth, I think they would want to make 100% sure that all goes to plan. I am happy for them, but I am sure that it must be hard for Elizabeth(good on her though for changing her mind at the 11th hr nearly!!!)

They are probably grateful to have one less mouth to feed given that #12 is on the way. I wonder if these large fundie families aren't just a bit relieved to start shooing the kids out of the house. Finally, on their own. All the bills start to decrease! Woot!

I'm not so sure about that. I've talked briefly to Laura (via email) and she seemed quite happy to have Elizabeth home rather than off in Maxwell land.

The prospective groom also looks quite young. I wonder what he does for a living, and if Amanda will have to move out of the immediate area. I am hoping that his lack of crazy eyes in the picture is a good sign.

Guest Anonymous

It's interesting that they talk of him joining their family. With Elizabeth and Joe, it was all about her leaving for a new life. I wonder if he is a local boy, or if they met him at one of the fundie conferences last year?

Well, the Munck's do seem to truely love and care about their kids. The parents seem to be actually raising them, rather than older "buddies" ;) They said the couple have known each other for 3 years. Hopefully, he lives fairly close to them.

I think Joe's mistake was trying to rush Liz through the whole process. If he would have taken it slow, it might have worked out for them. (I am glad Liz did bale on Joe.)

I'm not so sure about that. I've talked briefly to Laura (via email) and she seemed quite happy to have Elizabeth home rather than off in Maxwell land.

Interesting. Because of the Maxwell's or because they love their daughter & want her close?

Interesting. Because of the Maxwell's or because they love their daughter & want her close?

I do wonder how the Munck's "feel" about the Maxwell's now.... Have those "rose colored glasses" come off??? :think:

I don't think the parents are eager to marry off their kids. First of all, apparently they are able to provide for them, feed an entire quiver salmon on occasions and other goodies. If they were eager to get some alone time, they wouldn't have tried for another baby and would have married off their Liz. I don't think they are tired of them nor do I think that they consider them a financial burden.

Well, the Munck's do seem to truely love and care about their kids. The parents seem to be actually raising them, rather than older "buddies" ;) They said the couple have known each other for 3 years. Hopefully, he lives fairly close to them.

I think Joe's mistake was trying to rush Liz through the whole process. If he would have taken it slow, it might have worked out for them. (I am glad Liz did bale on Joe.)

I, for one, was totally glad Liz bailed. Agreed that the process was rushed but I think Stevie was behind rushing the whole thing. Joe just did what he was told but there was speculation that the marriage was rushed so they would haul Joe and Liz to all their conferences as proof that "courtship works".

Maybe Liz really liked Joe but I couldn't see see her being happy living in Maxhell.

ETA: Agree that the Muncks do seem to really care for their kids and they genuinely have fun. I am still baffled how they got taken up with the Maxwells though. It seems the broken engagement was a wake up moment for them and glad that happened before Liz married Joe.

I like this family. It looks like the children have fun, there are parties, and the parents let the children read books! :shock: You can definitely sense the parents' love more than the Maxwells'. I wish the young couple the best!

Both. I would say they truly love and enjoy their children and want the best for them. From what I was able to glean Laura (and I'm assuming dad) felt the Maxwells are too stifling. Who could disagree?

Both. I would say they truly love and enjoy their children and want the best for them. From what I was able to glean glean Laura (and I'm assuming dad) felt the Maxwells are too stifling. Who could disagree?

Not even another fundie family that has relatively acceptable values and priorities. Flipping off a Steve Maxwell like that, they sure do have a spine. I am not glamorizing them or anything, but I'll always respect them for it. That was a huge kick in the groin for Steve-o. *covers mouth and giggles*

Did you catch what Laura said in her previous post, regarding the house on the farm? That Liz was actively involved in the planning and the work? It immediately made me think of Joe's house and all the beige stuff on their registry, maybe she didn't get to have any real input and it was one of the things that made her realize she won't be happy with him.

Anyway it's great that she escaped the beige fate.

And one more thing: you know Steve would have died if someone would have said that one of his sons would be part of their family! People come into his family, no one leaves!

Archived