IGNORED

"Preacher's Daughters" - A new reality show on Lifetime

Closed Womb

So, this is happening. "Godly" men and women are selling out and airing what they presumably consider to be "dirty laundry" on TV. One family, in all christian love and charity, kicked their 20 year old pregnant daughter out of the house and they are trying to keep the other daughter, 18, from going down the same path.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/preachers-daughters

http://www.christianpost.com/news/preac ... how-89795/

Heard about this show! Interesting that one of the girls is a teenage mother. I wonder if these preacher daughters were taught anything about safe sex.

So, this is happening. "Godly" men and women are selling out and airing what they presumably consider to be "dirty laundry" on TV. One family, in all christian love and charity, kicked their 20 year old pregnant daughter out of the house and they are trying to keep the other daughter, 18, from going down the same path.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/preachers-daughters

http://www.christianpost.com/news/preac ... how-89795/

Hey, dontcha know Jesus kicked sinners to the curb all the time?!

I haven't decided if I want to watch this one yet. It seems totally staged and edited for dramatics.

Hey, dontcha know Jesus kicked sinners to the curb all the time?!

I haven't decided if I want to watch this one yet. It seems totally staged and edited for dramatics.

He totally did alright! He also hated gays and outcasts, he despised them. He build a HUGE fence around his 2000000000 acre headquarter and hired guards to keep them away.

Why do they always use Jesus as a reason to practice their horrid and scary ideas that Jesus was totally against?! Their Biblical God was the psychopathic, money grubbing, blood thirsty, misogynistic deity they should pin their misery on, not Jesus. If Jesus was alive today, I'd totally take him in as a roommate. He was an awesome person, real or not. His father though, who knocked up a virgin who was someone else's woman, though, is the kind of asshole these cult leaders tend to take after.

I have no plans to watch it (unless my daughter decides to watch it and it happens to be on when I'm in the room). Based on the ads talking it up, it seems staged, as someone noted earlier, to play into all the stereotypes of preachers' kids. I know a LOT of clergy families (mainline) and they do everything they can to insure a normal, healthy, stable home for their children despite living in a fish bowl. I wonder how many of those types families will be shown on this so-called reality show? Oh, yeah; they won't feature them because their parents wouldn't allow the children's lives to be disrupted like that just for an easy buck.

This is a train wreck. One daughter had a baby at 18 and when she admitted to her sister there are 2 guys who could be the father, the sisters talking head was basically her asking if her sister was a slut :(

Just tuned in about 20 minutes in. One kid lies and goes to the water part in short shorts and her boobs half hanging out. She gets in the car and laughs that she didnt tell him. Wow... looks like the "preachers" need to pay more attention to their kids than their "flock." Probably not going to watch anymore.

The lady preacher going on about "finger sex", "penetration sex", "oral sex", "backdoor sex" etc. I wish we could have heard the whole sex talk. I want to know if she ever got to "handjob sex".

I want to know what she said about kissing.

The lady preacher going on about "finger sex", "penetration sex", "oral sex", "backdoor sex" etc. I wish we could have heard the whole sex talk. I want to know if she ever got to "handjob sex".

I want to know what she said about kissing.

I caught the sex sermon, but I don't think they showed her getting to "handjob sex" while she mentioned every other form of sex. As for kissing, she was upset that the boy who was also a preacher's child admitted he kissed her daughter.

Edited for riffle.

To me the show looked fake and somewhat scripted.It just didnt have that lure to watch for the full time slot..Very boring

6906U_aKkr4

Wow, I'm an atheist and somehow even I'm offended by that promo....

I caught the sex sermon, but I don't think they showed her getting to "handjob sex" while she mentioned every other form of sex. As for kissing, she was upset that the boy who was also a preacher's child admitted he kissed her daughter.

Edited for riffle.

The whole contract to date her daughter thing was ridiculous. Obviously not a courting family, but kind of doing the same thing by putting all of this pressure on two kids who just want to try hanging out together. They are 16 years old, but weren't even allowed to decide if they want a relationship before someone was acting like they were in one. How do these people not see how absurd that is?

That said, I won't watch it again as it was boring and clearly overly manipulated by producers and writers.

The whole contract to date her daughter thing was ridiculous. Obviously not a courting family, but kind of doing the same thing by putting all of this pressure on two kids who just want to try hanging out together. They are 16 years old, but weren't even allowed to decide if they want a relationship before someone was acting like they were in one. How do these people not see how absurd that is?

That said, I won't watch it again as it was boring and clearly overly manipulated by producers and writers.

I teach at a high school in the town in which the Koloff's live. There are two high schools in the town, and Kolby goes to the other high school. Our town was all abuzz over the show today.

• 1 month later...

I'm friends with a pastor's daughter and she was honestly a shit show for being college age. In high school she would sneak out of her house all the time to party thinking her parents were stupid and after so many times they kept their word and sent her to a military academy. It worked out for her though and she's involved in ROTC is sober and wants to do something in the armed forces when she graduates.

Are the people on this show Fundie-Lite or even less fundie?

I don't think any of them are really fundie per se, but they all have aspects of crazoid-ness that I think is just played up for the cameras. Family 1 w/ teen mom definitely seems the most "whacko" religious (much more pentacostal, laying-on-of-hands, casting out demons types), but have a daughter who is a full-time model in LA and one who had a kid out of wedlock. Family 2 where dad was a pro-wrestler, also pretty un-fundie in terms of clothes, but crazy about abstinence (like, beyond - mom whipping out std playing cards or something at the daughters' party, making potential dating partners sign actual contracts). Family 3 (the only interesting factoid about them is that the dad was in the hospital for a few episodes and the daughter "partied" [no drinking, drugs or sex to be seen] with boys) seems pretty run-of-the-mill evangelical protestant.

I guess they are interesting b/c they are so run-of-the-mill, and so many of their beliefs are pretty "mainstream," but when they are exaggerated (and I do mean exaggerated - this show is SOOOOOOOOOO staged) it really shows the crazy.

I will tend to watch bits of this show (it's after dance moms which is my guilty pleasure) and while it is very scripted, it is also kind of interesting. It's weird to see what kinds of priorities different families have.

Archived