IGNORED

Maxwell Conference Simi Valley: No message for ppl like me?

Closed Womb

I was considering going to a Maxwell event. I noticed that a few of them have the itineraries available, click on Simi Valley, and realize that I have no place at a Maxwell conference. The groups are segregated as: Moms, Dads, Young Ladies, Young Men.

titus2.com/inspire-conference/simi-valley-ca.html

Inasmuch as I am a cis female, I don't fit into the two male categories. I have no children, nor do I plan to have children (and I'm well into the age of high risk pregnancy), so the Mom category is out. I'd like to fancy myself a "young lady", but I can tell from the topic titles that I am fooling myself with that moniker.

So, I guess the Maxwells just don't have a place in their message for someone like me. Or, incidentally, someone like Sarah. :whistle:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-I love how all the topic for Moms are self improvement, but the ones for Dad's are all improving those around you. That is so so so Steve. (Hi Steve!)

-The matching outfits hurt my eyes.

-I want to go and bring huge bags of animal crackers for the "girls" and Costco packs of Pepsi for Terry.

I think leaving boxes of animal crackers and cans of Pepsi in random locations at their events would be almost as good as the "Free Jinger" calling cards in the love offering jar.

I kind of want to go, but alas, I own no non-defrauding clothes, and there isn't a chance in hell I could get mister destiny31 to go with me. I also lack a quiver. :(

I had a (Mormon) friend explain to me that one was a "young woman" until you were married, no matter how old you were when that happened. (His ward had a section for married women, rather than mothers, but I imagine a similar concept applies) Whereas the men changed their group depending on age, if I recall correctly.

It's kind of sad and sickening, really.

I had a (Mormon) friend explain to me that one was a "young woman" until you were married, no matter how old you were when that happened. (His ward had a section for married women, rather than mothers, but I imagine a similar concept applies) Whereas the men changed their group depending on age, if I recall correctly.

It's kind of sad and sickening, really.

That is sad. In my case, I'm married so I still wouldn't fit the Maxwell-approved categories.

I once attended a concert at a church where I noticed similar age groupings. Before the concert began, I picked up some of the church's free newsletters and brochures, as is my habit whenever I visit any house of worship. This church (IIRC, it was Lutheran) had various programs for kids, teens, young adults, moms and dads. I don't fit into any of those categories.

It's a common problem in pro-natal organizations: they overlook the "older" singles in their narrow focus on "traditional family". I remember hearing Mormons (and ex-Mormons) complaining that older singles just don't have a position in church. I think the Maxwells do the same thing. They see life's markers in marital and fecundity terms. Older singles and (it appears) childless couples just don't have a place in that society. Of course, perhaps fundies view anyone unmarried as "young" (in the emotional sense). Poor Sarah, in a few years, it would be increasingly awkward for her to put herself in the "young ladies" category.

So what happens to unmarried women in their 50s and older in these religious movements? Banished from attending conferences? Silly me, they're at home looking after their nephews and nieces and not being seen in public.

Guest Anonymous

To be fair, the Maxwells are offering a 'family' conference, not a 'church' conference. They can't give what they haven't got. My guess is that, even as things stand, the conferences are organised by random church members and are not widely understood by the church leadership as a whole, because the Maxwell teachings are not just anti-childless people, they are anti-church itself when it comes to their beliefs about youth groups, sheltering, courtship, etc. I don't know how they get a foot through the door in many of the churches they use, but I guess they offer advice to their sheeple on that front, as part of the pre-conference planning service.

I don't think they want unmarried adults at their conferences. You might "temp" one of their "children". :whistle:

To be fair, the Maxwells are offering a 'family' conference, not a 'church' conference. They can't give what they haven't got. My guess is that, even as things stand, the conferences are organised by random church members and are not widely understood by the church leadership as a whole, because the Maxwell teachings are not just anti-childless people, they are anti-church itself when it comes to their beliefs about youth groups, sheltering, courtship, etc. I don't know how they get a foot through the door in many of the churches they use, but I guess they offer advice to their sheeple on that front, as part of the pre-conference planning service.

I've never understood why they do conferences in ebil churches! How do they present it "Hi church members! You all need to quit attending church, it's ebil!"

Guest Anonymous

Also, advance registration is now requested for all attendees at all conferences.

Alecto, Emmiedahl, and Treemom's little jaunt is why we can't have nice things, people. :lol:

So what happens to unmarried women in their 50s and older in these religious movements? Banished from attending conferences? Silly me, they're at home looking after their nephews and nieces and not being seen in public.

Laundry slaves.

:chores-laundry:

They become Marthas and Aunts and unwomen.

But only a few years from now, half of the Maxwells won't fit in. Sarah isn't a young lady anymore and whitin two years Mary is turning 18 and Stevie and Terified won't be doing a lot of parenting anymore. I get they will stil be mum and dad, but not in the way they sell it, with homescholing and managing numerous children.

Maybe then we can sign in on the stay-at-home-forever-daughter class or the elderly-women and elderly-man classes. New market to explore. Something to think about Stevie :think:

Unmarried women? Whats that? :P

EVERY WOMAN WANTS CHILDREN DIDN"T YOU KNOW THAT???

I think you should go and pretend to be a SAHD. You can attend the young women's meeting and talk about how you're waiting on your daddy to find you the right husband. Maybe throw in a few horror stories.

I think you should go and pretend to be a SAHD. You can attend the young women's meeting and talk about how you're waiting on your daddy to find you the right husband. Maybe throw in a few horror stories.

Kind of a brilliant suggestion. I'm in my 40's, own a frumper or two (or at least long dresses that can be made to look like frumpers if I wear long sleeve shits under them, a la Sister Wives), and I know the language -- maybe even add in a line or two about the LORD's willingness to miraculously open my womb once I am blessed with a headship. Sarah would be scared shitless to think that I might be her future.

Of course, then I'd have to sit through crap like, "Brothers and Sisters, best friends forever."

And, FWIW, I'd kind of enjoy them analyzing why I'm not blessed with marriage -- not thin enough?, my whorish contrasting buttons?, mysterious hidden sin?, a boy accidentally touched my boob while reaching for the same bunch of bananas in Costco?, went to Aldi unaccompanied? -- as I am well and happily hitched.

If I ever went to one of these I'd wear some kind of coverup and be all, 'WHY ARE YOU LETTING SARAH BLOG SHE"S A WOMAN SHE MUST BE SILENT' just to troll...

You could go to any of the women's or young ladies groups. I don't think they take a census to make sure people are in the "right" group. Obviously misplaced people might be suggested to go to a different group. I'm still disappointed that I sent inquiries to half a dozen local churches suggesting the Maxwells for a visit this tour and so far none have booked them. I may have to rethink the the fundiness of these churches as they may be more sane than I thought. It's possible that some of the churches have picked up on Steve's anti-church message and won't invite them.

OMG, some JFer over 40 NEEDS to go and pretend to be a SAHD waiting for her daddy to find her a husband! Please, please, please!

You can say your parents wanted to come, but they can't be taken off their life support machines, so the senior living facility you all live in is taking care of them for you that day.

So, I guess the Maxwells just don't have a place in their message for someone like me. Or, incidentally, someone like Sarah. :whistle:

Good point. Someone needs to suggest a "Content to be a SAHD" conference offering. Or would that hit too close to home?

Also, advance registration is now requested for all attendees at all conferences.

Alecto, Emmiedahl, and Treemom's little jaunt is why we can't have nice things, people. :lol:

There is nothing stopping FJs registering? Unless they do background checks?

If they ever came to the UK I would love to attend - after a few drinks of course :dance: but knowing me I'd probably start to laugh if they started using Maxwell speak; "idol, the BEAST, etc". Though with those defrauding airport scanners it not going to happen.

The only appropriate seasons of life are single and married, dotcha know. You have to start popping out babies for Jesus....no time for this getting to know each other nonsense!

Archived