IGNORED

The Seven Sisters stand outside and freeze.

BlondeAgent007

The Seven Sisters are up to having a jolly good time doing absolutely nothing again. This time, they stood outside in 10 degree weather in short sleeves to take a picture. It was so cold, they just could NOT keep it TOGETHER!! Hilarity ensues!

I would really like to see these girls meet the Maxwells.

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/no-were-not-cold/

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to match them up with the Arndt sons. I think they would be some really quirky funny couples.

Some of my kids are that kind of weird / silly ( although the rest of their lives are completely opposite of either of those families ) I have a soft spot for adults who play like kids :-)

I found 7 sisters while visiting Lina's blog a few years ago. Are they Mennonite? They are an odd & cheerful bunch. At least they have more fun than the Maxwells.

My antivirus blocked their website, just to warn everyone. I'm not sure if it's being hyperactive or if there's actually a problem (i believe it said a Trojan).

I think that's why they would totally boggle the minds of the Maxwells. The Maxwells try to avoid pleasure in everything. The Seven Sisters find immense pleasure doing the most mundane or even unpleasant things.

I do like their spirits, but I find them a little insufferable sometimes.

Why, WHY do they have an Oscar Wilde quote in the sidebar?!? Do they know who he was? And in their book link they have a Frank Zappa quote. They're weirdly inconsistent which is interesting to me.

Why was it imperative that they take a picture outside? Wasn't there some suitable indoor location? It's not like they're standing in front of some magnificent vista. Or, you know, just wear coats.

Why was it imperative that they take a picture outside? Wasn't there some suitable indoor location? It's not like they're standing in front of some magnificent vista. Or, you know, just wear coats.

Well their normal outdoor location of choice is to go and play on the railway track. :twisted:

Oh God. Imagine the offspring.

Who would parent the children? Those Arndt boys are about 12 years old maturity wise, max. The Sisters don't seem too far off. One of the favorite activities of the oldest Sister is "Tea Parties".

I like the 7 sisters; they really seem to enjoy each other and their family and life in general.

I wonder two things:

1) will they grow up?

2) what will become of them if they don't?

Oh, yeah :doh: God will provide

Who would parent the children? Those Arndt boys are about 12 years old maturity wise, max. The Sisters don't seem too far off. One of the favorite activities of the oldest Sister is "Tea Parties".

Wizzie would have to run the Arndt Day/Nightcare. I can see the Sisters playing hide and seek with the Manboys, giggling and glancing nervously over at Mary Elizabeth as she tends to all the children in her short shorts.

I found 7 sisters while visiting Lina's blog a few years ago. Are they Mennonite? They are an odd & cheerful bunch. At least they have more fun than the Maxwells.

They aren't Mennonite, but they apparently get asked that a lot. (Never fear though, like most things in life, this cracks them up! :lol: )

I am totally pulling for those girls to marry some of the Arndt boys. They they can all play child-like games, and have birthday cakes in various parents' beds, forever.

:lol: :twisted:

My antivirus blocked their website, just to warn everyone. I'm not sure if it's being hyperactive or if there's actually a problem (i believe it said a Trojan).

So did mine. Just a good heads up. Thanks!

I truly worry about what would happen to the girls if their parents died. The eldest must be 26 by now and as far as I can see has zero life skills. I can't imagine she or the other "grown up" girls would be able to support the under age ones, which would mean parcelling them out to family at the best. Obviously I hope it never happens but I feel quite a bit of anger towards their parents who have screwed their daughters over so royally.

I am totally pulling for those girls to marry some of the Arndt boys. They they can all play child-like games, and have birthday cakes in various parents' beds, forever.

:lol: :twisted:

The problem is the 7 sisters are very different to what the manboys perceive as a woman. The man boys obvious rolemodel for a women is Mummy Arndt who dresses in defrauding slutty attire, very different to the extreme frumpers and head coverings of the 7 sisters. Personality and play time wise it's a perfect match.

I truly worry about what would happen to the girls if their parents died. The eldest must be 26 by now and as far as I can see has zero life skills. I can't imagine she or the other "grown up" girls would be able to support the under age ones, which would mean parcelling them out to family at the best. Obviously I hope it never happens but I feel quite a bit of anger towards their parents who have screwed their daughters over so royally.

I dunno, to be fair to them, the older girls do seem pretty accomplished at what they do. Their sewing skills are great so far as I can tell, they can cook well (judging by pictures), they're decent musicians (I saw a youtube video of one of them playing the violin to a high standard, several of them are in a secular regional youth orchestra and one of them teaches music), and they seem to have the social skills to relate to commenters on their blog. It's clear from their blog that they quite often have friends to stay, and see other friends pretty regularly. I think if their parents did pass away then the older girls could earn a decent amount of money through a combination of their etsy clothes/craft shop and maybe by selling farm produce, cakes etc?

I dunno, to be fair to them, the older girls do seem pretty accomplished at what they do. Their sewing skills are great so far as I can tell, they can cook well (judging by pictures), they're decent musicians (I saw a youtube video of one of them playing the violin to a high standard, several of them are in a secular regional youth orchestra and one of them teaches music), and they seem to have the social skills to relate to commenters on their blog. It's clear from their blog that they quite often have friends to stay, and see other friends pretty regularly. I think if their parents did pass away then the older girls could earn a decent amount of money through a combination of their etsy clothes/craft shop and maybe by selling farm produce, cakes etc?

Agreed. They are far more accomplished than the Arndts, and far less creepy imo. Don't think they're pet fundies or anything, they still have beliefs that are dangerous especially to women, but they are less damaged than say the Maxwells.

Archived