IGNORED

The Seven Sisters stand outside and freeze.

BlondeAgent007

I kinda like the purple dress and the stripey one...the ones on the two youngest girls. Or at least I like them in comparison to the others! haha.

They do socialize quite a bit. There's a long post about this Christmas nativity thing they did with their community. They go visit Teresa (T-tap). Seems like there are pics of them visiting non-fundy looking relatives. So in that sense they are probably more prepared for the world than some of the other fundies.

I will admit I don't get them though. I do like that they love to have fun. They just seem so young and innocent. I'd be concerned that on their own, they'd be taken advantage of.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I'm dying to know what this means! I've tried to figure it out and I'm lost!

http://www.lydiaofpurple.com/lydiafamilytrees.jpg

I think it's the girl with the gargantuan glasses. They all had their picture up with them embracing cows or whatever (because dontcha know every Godly young man wants a woman who knows her way around a barnyard) and then each girl had a caption that was supposed to describe her personality. The unfortunately-spectacled, sartorially-challenged, and physiognomically-unblessed one was described as "always ready".

I love the dresses. These are actually pretty. Why could'nt the Duggar girls wear pretty frumpers like these back in their frumper days?

Our web filter at work also blocks their site. I've missed those goofy gals.

I want them to have stuffed animal tea parties with the Arndt boys.

[Our filter was also blocking adorable Mia the African-American Aspiring Homemaker, but I got her site unblocked]

Our web filter at work also blocks their site. I've missed those goofy gals.

I want them to have stuffed animal tea parties with the Arndt boys.

[Our filter was also blocking adorable Mia the African-American Aspiring Homemaker, but I got her site unblocked]

If you have Google Reader (or another RSS service) try adding their web address to it. That's how I read their posts. I never have to visit the website.

What was the whole point of this? Standing out in the cold getting a picture taken. It isn't like they don't have eleventy million pictures of themselves that look just like that.

The problem is the 7 sisters are very different to what the manboys perceive as a woman. The man boys obvious rolemodel for a women is Mummy Arndt who dresses in defrauding slutty attire, very different to the extreme frumpers and head coverings of the 7 sisters. Personality and play time wise it's a perfect match.

But the 7 sisters mom years yoga pants and t-shirts, so maybe once you are married you get to defraud?

Standing out in 10 degree weather, probably speaking in rhymes. I know it makes me an unpleasant person, but the Seven Farm Girls (who really should recognize that most, if not all of them, are women, not girls) just bug me.

There is not reason for that much merriment in the entire-wire world.

They aren't Mennonite, but they apparently get asked that a lot. (Never fear though, like most things in life, this cracks them up! :lol: )

I asked them about it last year (or maybe the year before) and they said they're Baptist. Church-baptist, not home-church-Baptist.

The one is the pale pink dress is...always ready.

I wonder if Daughter Number Five ever found a godly man? We only ever saw First Daughter get married. (Hope she got to take her milk cow with her!)

http://www.lydiaofpurple.com/lydiafamilytrees.jpg

I think it's the girl with the gargantuan glasses. They all had their picture up with them embracing cows or whatever (because dontcha know every Godly young man wants a woman who knows her way around a barnyard) and then each girl had a caption that was supposed to describe her personality. The unfortunately-spectacled, sartorially-challenged, and physiognomically-unblessed one was described as "always ready".

That one was actually First Daughter, who got married just after LoP's death. (ISTR it had been in the works for a while.) Always Ready was actually pretty cute.

What was the whole point of this? Standing out in the cold getting a picture taken. It isn't like they don't have eleventy million pictures of themselves that look just like that.

Maybe they're going for an Adorkable Fundie thing.

That one was actually First Daughter, who got married just after LoP's death. (ISTR it had been in the works for a while.) Always Ready was actually pretty cute.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I wasn't sure. Anyway, hopefully Always Ready ran off and joined a biker gang or something.

I don't know what it says about me that I love their dresses :lol:

(they're pretty & colourful!)

{whispering} I love the blue floral one worn by the girl (woman? You can't tell the age of these gals by looking) on the left. I would actually wear that, albeit without the ruffly blouse, as a sundress. I would wear the blouse, too, but with a pair of ungodly pants.

Well now, except for the party pooper sister who dared to wear a dark dress while everyone else was in crayola brights.

Any particular reason 2 of the girls are not wearing a head covering like the rest of the girls? If I'm not mistaken the head covering is a submission thing, right?

It's the two youngest who don't wear them, so I always assumed that there was a particular age at which they were supposed to start wearing the head covering.

{whispering} I love the blue floral one worn by the girl (woman? You can't tell the age of these gals by looking) on the left. I would actually wear that, albeit without the ruffly blouse, as a sundress. I would wear the blouse, too, but with a pair of ungodly pants.

I would wear the ruffly blouse without the dress. I actually made one like that. ;) I can't help it; I love 18th century sleeves.

It's the two youngest who don't wear them, so I always assumed that there was a particular age at which they were supposed to start wearing the head covering.

In some denominations it would be when they are baptized, which might happen in the mid-late teen years.

I agree they're nice but, especially with the head coverings, they look really ridiculous. I'll never understand why to some people modesty amounts to fancy dress. Nor, for the matter, why they couldn't take this photo inside.

I agree they're nice but, especially with the head coverings, they look really ridiculous. I'll never understand why to some people modesty amounts to fancy dress. Nor, for the matter, why they couldn't take this photo inside.

I'm kinda confused...how can you think they're nice AND ridiculous at the same time?

I'd totally wear them.. they don't look "fancy" to me, just pretty. [and comfortable!]

Archived