IGNORED

Jim Bob's Campaign ads

SamuraiKatz

I live in the heart of Duggar land. We've heard the Duggar kids sing on 19 Kids ......their singing has not improved as they've aged...I've been looking for a recording of the radio ad. So far no look...so you'll just have to imagine the oldest kids singing:

CHILDREN SINGING: America's for freedom / That's what we're all about / Our Founding Fathers' message / "It's character that counts" / With loyalty and honor / God's love it is the glue / That helps us do to others / As we'd like them to do.

CHORUS: Would you please vote for our daddy / We would like to serve you in Washington, D.C.

CHILDREN SINGING: You see our campaign platform / Conservative 'tis true / And if your heart's a kindred / Then you'll know what to do / Just put a check by Duggar / He'll get in there and fight / Let's turn our nation back / To stand for what is right.

CHORUS: Would you please vote for our daddy / We would like to serve you in Washington, D.C.

JIM BOB DUGGAR: Paid for by Duggar for U.S. Senate.

This was played to death on the radio...until the election. I'm thinking they used a version of this ad in JB's successful run for the State Legislature... I am still trying to recover from this experience... and Jim Bob should be ashamed of himself for so ruthlessly exploiting his offspring... :roll:

ETA Website with texts of the tv ads. http://www3.nationaljournal.com/members ... jbdar1.htm

ETA 2 Totally forgot that JB tried to eliminate property taxes.. He really isn't family friendly, otherwise he wouldn't have tried such a backhanded way to defund Arkansas public school system!

In the ad "Honor," Duggar friend and statewide professional speaker Dr. Doty Murphy says that Duggar is a "man of honor" who introduced legislation last year to "eliminate property taxes" in Arkansas.

Well his kids don't use the public school system, so it's obviously a communist plot to separate good people from their money!

I don't mind plans to help the elderly or long term residents deal with skyrocketing property taxes, but nothing gets my "this person is an idiot" radar moving faster than someone who wants to eliminate property taxes.

Any ad that says vote for my daddy is barf worthy. I want to hear from you, the person running for office talk about political issues. I do not want to hear your kids sign. Jim boob truly believe his large family puts him above everyone else. Maybe he thinks ppl will be distracted by the cute kids they wont notice what a boob he is

This line kind of says it all. do unto others as you would make them do.

That helps us do to others / As we'd like them to do.

LOL...I didn't notice that!

Let's turn our nation back

Jim Bob might literally be the only politician who talks about moving backwards instead of forwards. Gotta love the honesty, at least.

If you are so desperate for good points about yourself that you have to resort to the ability to reproduce (which isnt even anything exciting, there are men who have fathered over 100 kids), you arent worth voting for.

Having cute kids doesnt mean you are good at anything.

OaDKFrk1wts

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Duggar's campaign but I love this video. The last minute and a half is awesome. Boob is spouting on, Jill is smiling like a nice helpmeet, Josh is waiting to jump in (which he does), and Jinger is having none of it.

Best line:

Boob: Everyone get behind Rick Santorum.

Yup, frothy likes it from behind!

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Duggar's campaign but I love this video. The last minute and a half is awesome. Boob is spouting on, Jill is smiling like a nice helpmeet, Josh is waiting to jump in (which he does), and Jinger is having none of it.

Best line:

Boob: Everyone get behind Rick Santorum.

Yup, frothy likes it from behind!

That is brilliant. Although it is completely creepy how Jill comes across as if she's Boob's much younger wife.

Considering that they are a one-issue family, it's beyond ironic that Josh ended up strongly supporting the man who single handedly gave away $50 dollar abortions "with no questions asked". In his world view, shouldn't Mitt Romney be in prison for stopping all those precious little heartbeats?

That is brilliant. Although it is completely creepy how Jill comes across as if she's Boob's much younger wife.

Considering that they are a one-issue family, it's beyond ironic that Josh ended up strongly supporting the man who single handedly gave away $50 dollar abortions "with no questions asked". In his world view, shouldn't Mitt Romney be in prison for stopping all those precious little heartbeats?

That actually was very close to his world view, before it wasn't. And he doesn't like being reminded of his earlier remarks about Romney either.

Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar's 19 children, was quite pointed in his criticisms of Santorum's GOP opponents, laying into Mitt Romney for allowing abortions to be covered under his Massachusetts health care reform.

"The man who said he had a change of heart, he had an epiphany, he had this moment where he became pro-life - this man still has not went back and made that right," Duggar said. "And women in Massachusetts still walk in, and basically off the hand of Gov. Mitt Romney, they can get an abortion for $50."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -santorum/

I'm sure the Duggars have this stuff saved. It might be a matter of goading one of them (Josh would be a good target) to upload it to YouTube.

Oh we have to hear this!!LMAO!

Where I lvie we have property tax and school tax-totally seperate bills- is it not the same in Arkansas?

In Arkansas, property taxes fund the schools, via a millage. Everyone pays for the schools.

God, please let there be youtube of this somewhere. Someone HAS to have the actual audio... NEED!!!!!!!!!

I've been looking. So far this link is the only one i've discovered.

OMG Jill, you look completely ridiculous looking up and smiling at daddy the entire time. Please stop. :doh:

I guess J'chelle taught her well. :roll: Now if only she can find a headship. I keep picturing Zach Bates...

I've been looking. So far this link is the only one i've discovered.

Yeah, me too. That link had an audio file once but its gone now :cry:

"Our founding father's message/ It's character that counts".....

I don't think the Founding Fathers said that. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's straight from the mouth of Gothard.

OMG Jill, you look completely ridiculous looking up and smiling at daddy the entire time. Please stop. :doh:

I guess J'chelle taught her well. :roll: Now if only she can find a headship. I keep picturing Zach Bates...

If you didn't know better you would think Jill was a school girl in love. :puke-front: What is the purpose of staring at your "headship" adoringly while he speaks? Is this done only during public speaking or when he speaks in general? Is this just a Duggar thing or is it common in all Gothardites? It seems so odd that it is baffling to me....

That last part is hilarious. Jill's awkward stare, then glances at the camera just feels self-conscious and ridiculous. And Jim Bob was not big on Josh ruining his soundbyte!

Archived